Reviews for In soot I sleep
Inklessquills chapter 6 . 5/17/2013
Wow. Its really late where I live and I saw that you posted a new chapter. I thought I could wait till morning to read it, but its too good to miss. And I made the right choice, I love this chapter. A daughter, that's definitely an interesting twist. And Gale as her friend and a dad to Sage, that's very cool. I'd like to read about Gale and Sage, just to get a feel on how they interact. Thank you for writing this fic!
Guest chapter 5 . 5/4/2013
You're a fantastic writer, but I get confused because there are so many little side stories...
Inklessquills chapter 5 . 5/4/2013
I adore the interaction between Cato and Glimmer. I'm super glad we'll be seeing more of her! Excellent chapter!
Odairbear chapter 4 . 4/30/2013
absolutely amazing!
spellrie chapter 2 . 4/30/2013
Okay, so I've finally gotten around the reading this Chapter (life is hectic on this end), and I'm hooked.

You've made Cato such an intriguing character—with his charisma and his angst-ridden backstory. I'm praying that his mother isn't the way she was in /The Unwinding Circle/. The woman must have done something truly horrible, because the way he feels about her is almost unbearable to read about. But the way you write out his frustration toward her, and his love toward Marvel, is incredible. You're great at capturing emotions.

Is it bad that I ship Cato/Glimmer in this? Finally, a story where she isn't a bitch/whore. The way you've written her is amazing; she has a strong presence.

Well, off to read the rest!
AutumnWillow18 chapter 4 . 4/30/2013
i love it! what is up with clove and gale?
accioyourheart chapter 4 . 4/30/2013
w o w.
this is possibly the only modern day au i will read, and it has been my guilty pleasure for the past few weeks. but i've decided to finally let you have a review because i do absolutely love it.
i was a bit confused in the beginning of this chapter (i didn't realize she was on the phone with gale, but that's minor) but besides that it was really really amazing.
i don't know what to say. fantastic job.
pretty-little-gymnast chapter 4 . 4/30/2013
Thank God you updated! Loving it,Lilac! ;)
pretty-little-gymnast chapter 3 . 4/15/2013
Thanks for finally updating! Very nice!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
UPDATE! Please, this is fantastic!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This is super good! Update soon, please!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This is a great story. I just thought I'd tell you I love your writing. I love how you made Cato and Clove act. A different look on things. Keep it up, please update when you can!
howdoideletethisstupidaccount chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I'm loving this so far. I especially enjoy how you've made Glimmer out to be pretty genuine and funny (its a good change from the usual 'Queen Bee' role she takes on in most fics), and their relationship interests me. And you can't go wrong with a little profanity from Johanna ;)

Great work, looking forward to your update!
SCPetit chapter 2 . 2/19/2013
I barely understand most of the text because it includes a lot of words I don't know, but I think I got the point. It's really good, 'cause you know the story starts whit Cato and Clove you know from different perspectives so... Yeah, I can't wait to read the next chapters.
OMGitsgreen chapter 2 . 2/15/2013
I like what you're doing with Cato by giving him a younger brother (Marvel, who I've never seen play the role). It rounds out his character rather well. I would suggest adding his parents in, or mention them, because it seems like Cato is acting as a substitute parent. What sort of relationship do they have? It's important to know.
Nice snappy Clove. As sharp as a dagger, that one. (Pun intended) I hope to see a little more about her in the upcoming chapter. And great initial contact.
Great chapter! Can't wait to see an update!
OMGitsgreen