Reviews for The Farce
Anon chapter 38 . 9/30
I give up pointing out errors in almost every chapter. Get a beta who can actually beta.
Anon chapter 15 . 9/27
You definitely need a better beta.
Anon chapter 13 . 9/27
There are still issues with punctuation.
Anon chapter 8 . 9/25
It's peeked. Your beta-reader isn't very good.
Anon chapter 4 . 9/25
You're missing the apostrophe in Granger's face.
Anon chapter 3 . 9/25
It's poured, not pored.
Bluewolf80 chapter 4 . 5/19
Everything is going well so far but the chapters are startlingly short. Just when one begins to get acclimated to what is happening, it is time to "turn the page" so to speak.
You could easily combine two or even more chapters with no trouble. I can see now why it is 60 chapters long.
Persevero chapter 12 . 5/11
Enjoying this. Just a note, though: Sir Arthur Weasley would be referred to as Sir Arthur - 'Sir' always goes with the given name, not the surname.
slytherinsal chapter 54 . 2/9
funnily enough I found several assaults by chamber pot in the newspapers of Georgian times including one fatality.
slytherinsal chapter 44 . 2/9
And I know why the 5th Arrondissement because there are entries to the catacombs there so a large portion of Paris could be traversed, and out into the countryside, in secrecy
slytherinsal chapter 28 . 2/9
comparable forcing houses, orangeries, Pineapple Houses and so on existed at other great houses from the late 1600s just for the conspicuous consumption of having peaches in midwinter. Remember that the Duke of Devonshire had to pay off the gambling debts of the unfortunate Duchess. But Galbraithian fire does make a difference.
slytherinsal chapter 27 . 2/9
He didn't drive himself, his coachman could just drive back and he is already spending £104 per year for the maintenance of a horse, carriage, coachman and stable
slytherinsal chapter 26 . 2/9
Any Bishop would do for a special, or the anonymity of buying it at Doctor's Commons. I allow the melodrama though under the circs.
slytherinsal chapter 21 . 2/9
... I like the parallel with the obligatory hero gives mistress her congé scene
slytherinsal chapter 12 . 2/9
sorry but I HAVE to wince at 'Sir Weasley' a dreadful solecism. Sir Arthur, please. Lord Malfoy, Sir Arthur. I know, it's complex but it matters. I passed over a very 1980s 'git' with only a sigh that it should have been a cawker, a poltroon, a hector or a captain Hackum depending on precise use but I HAVE to whine about Sir Weasley. My apologies for thus taking exception to your excellent novel with this small complaint.