Reviews for The Farce
slytherinsal chapter 54 . 2/9
funnily enough I found several assaults by chamber pot in the newspapers of Georgian times including one fatality.
slytherinsal chapter 44 . 2/9
And I know why the 5th Arrondissement because there are entries to the catacombs there so a large portion of Paris could be traversed, and out into the countryside, in secrecy
slytherinsal chapter 28 . 2/9
comparable forcing houses, orangeries, Pineapple Houses and so on existed at other great houses from the late 1600s just for the conspicuous consumption of having peaches in midwinter. Remember that the Duke of Devonshire had to pay off the gambling debts of the unfortunate Duchess. But Galbraithian fire does make a difference.
slytherinsal chapter 27 . 2/9
He didn't drive himself, his coachman could just drive back and he is already spending £104 per year for the maintenance of a horse, carriage, coachman and stable
slytherinsal chapter 26 . 2/9
Any Bishop would do for a special, or the anonymity of buying it at Doctor's Commons. I allow the melodrama though under the circs.
slytherinsal chapter 21 . 2/9
... I like the parallel with the obligatory hero gives mistress her congé scene
slytherinsal chapter 12 . 2/9
sorry but I HAVE to wince at 'Sir Weasley' a dreadful solecism. Sir Arthur, please. Lord Malfoy, Sir Arthur. I know, it's complex but it matters. I passed over a very 1980s 'git' with only a sigh that it should have been a cawker, a poltroon, a hector or a captain Hackum depending on precise use but I HAVE to whine about Sir Weasley. My apologies for thus taking exception to your excellent novel with this small complaint.
slytherinsal chapter 6 . 2/9
YES an actual book on it, brilliant! just bought a repro
staypee chapter 60 . 12/20/2016
Aaahh an amazing story! Thank you so much for writing!
XxTaintedxDaggerxX chapter 60 . 8/28/2016
A joy to read! Thank you so much for sharing!
La Chatte de la Nuit chapter 60 . 8/12/2016
Beautiful. Like poetry. The Farce is evidently more 'manly' in a way than The Dream they fit so well, just like their subjects.
Aki chapter 60 . 8/10/2016
I enjoyed this version far more than the Dream (which, outside of straight forward conversations, was a bit too confusing to follow). The story was rich, the characters recognizable, and Snape acerbic and true to form. I did wonder what had happened to Lord Potter given the wrap up in Chapter 59 but every other plot line was neatly resolved. Only noted one typo in the Elder Wand chapter: change 'weald' (wooded area in SE England) to 'wield.'
WillowWand49 chapter 60 . 4/26/2016
Yeghishe, what a fantastic achievement! The Farce and The Dream are a pleasure to read - and though I enjoyed the lightly linked style of The Dream I have really loved The Farce. From the first chapter - Severus bumping his way nervously to a momentous meeting - I've been happily drawn into a fascinating world containing a Regency Severus Snape. - All kudos to you for pulling it off.
I hope you realise how much pleasure and lasting happiness you've brought your readers, I know I'll be re-reading these for years to come.
Congratulations,
X Willow
New chapter 60 . 3/27/2016
lovely story.
consumedly chapter 60 . 1/24/2016
Oh this was matvelous! Thank you for taking the time and finishing it! I couldn't stop reading its, your stile is awesome :-)