Reviews for Armor
Silent.Paragon chapter 9 . 8/15
really like that u actually gave Shepard a backstory besides the paragraph of info that bioware gave us, still liking the story so far please keep going. side note really looking forward to how Tali and Shepard get along there are not nearly enough fshep/tali fanfics.
justafanr3ading chapter 9 . 6/6
I'm here like Rose from titanic
"come back... come back" ;)
Its Me Fi chapter 9 . 4/2
good work
McDouggal chapter 9 . 2/28
I honestly like this Shepard. It's definitely a type of Shepard that I'd play, and you do a good job of keeping her character consistent. I like that you're hyping up the morally grey Shepard; that's something that Bioware didn't do a good job of in the games. You had the choice of paragon or asshole without moral compass. This Shepard works well with the role of the man that twatwaffle in Kasumi's loyalty mission mentions in his speech.

Please come back, this is probably my favorite unfinished fanfic.
SixPerfections chapter 6 . 2/21
Damn i am continually impressed by the quality of this. it pains me that it hasnt been updated in forever. really cant wait for Tali and Shep to interact
SixPerfections chapter 3 . 2/21
You shepard was really kinda terrifying. It was really different. First time in a long time a character made me want to crap my pants. lolz :D the last bit kind of made her seem like less of a monster, but damn...

Dis iz reel gud

4 relz
SixPerfections chapter 1 . 2/21
Wow. Just, really good first chapter. It was well written, intelligent, and it felt like real people in real situations. I thought I loved the Tali bit but then the Shepard bit was even better. Her confused 16 year old awkward offer made it seem like real, and the Rodriguez guy thankfully wasnt a skeevball. Just.. really looking forward to more. High quality writing here.
TheRageBunnyDog chapter 9 . 11/25/2014
Please continue this, for the love of all Talimancers, I really want to read more, your portrayal of Shepard is what makes this story, most just slap on a 100% paragon or renegade and leavevit like that, your shepard is more grey, and I personally enjoy reading it.
Nouvel Oblique chapter 9 . 11/18/2014
Hi MountainGoats,
I just finished the posted chapters and thought I would leave a review. I think it has been absolutely great thus far. Shepard/Tali is my favourite pairing and I am always looking for good stories about them. I can't wait till they meet - I know you might have some trouble updating, but don't worry about that, take your time. I've run into that trouble with my own stories before.
Your grasp of the Mass Effect and military technicalities and terminology is excellent. You really present a convincing spin on the events of the series. Everyone who played the games has their own stories of each event and it's always fun to see them written down like this - and, of course, the material before and in between.
As for Shepard's character, I believe it is developing nicely. It is always difficult to keep track of a renegade Shepard especially if they are deceptive or have hidden depths. But the presentation of her thoughts has kept that on an even keel. It is a bold choice to make her a genuinely disturbed character, in the sense that she seems to feel pleasure in inflicting violence, but one that fits the context that you have applied. She might reflect on her father's genetic or social contribution to her emotional state at a later date, in my humble opinion, as that is lurking in the background. Otherwise, the way she is "armoring" herself, channeling her destructive impulses, is entirely convincing. I feel as if she is, of course, walking down a dark and dangerous path and look forward to seeing how a young Quarian can interact with her.
Cheers,
Oblique
Wolfman217 chapter 9 . 11/12/2014
Awseome :D I am loving this RenaShep :D Psychotic Sociopathic FemShep FTW :D Hope you update
Nemrut chapter 9 . 8/20/2014
Really loved your take on Shepard and the way you described the ME world. Tali and Shepard especially were fascinating.

Quite interested to see this continued.

I hope you are well and thank you for sharing this.
green eyed typhoon chapter 9 . 8/5/2014
Hope you update soon, really good story and I like the pairing. A femshep with Tali is rare which is a shame because Tali is one of my favorite characters.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
Please if you are able to update soon its a great story!
Ozz chapter 9 . 3/30/2014
Really enjoying this so far thought I would comment on your note on shepards inconsistency
It's not all that bad but for what is there isn't it kind of a character point for her? She knows her attitude towards violence and killing isn't the norm so she tries to hide it around others
Or that's what I got anyway, ignore me if I'm wrong
One other thought I had in an earlier chap ever think of having shep compare the vision from the beacon to an asari melding? From what I remember it can share memory's and it sounds like your shep has experience with them just something i wondered while reading her description of it
Alphawolf69 chapter 9 . 3/20/2014
I really like how you're handling Shepard's character. Constantly hiding her 'true nature', and having that internal double-checking dialogue with herself when dealing with people she has to have some semblance of relationship with, is really interesting (the way she interacted with Kaiden a few chaps back was a classic example. SIDE NOTE: is it bad that I always felt a bit irritated by Kaiden being such a Good Guy?). At the same time, it's clear she's not an evil person (so she doesn't seem over the top moustache-twirling or anything). I find her patience and control over herself really interesting too, that she can bind her time, giving the other person enough rope to hang themselves (like the Turians in the bar), and is an expert at manipulation.

Have you ever watched the BBC show Luther? Shepard reminds me a lot of one of the main characters. I'd highly recommend it if you're not already familiar. Very good portrayal of a psychopath, and a really gripping storyline (good cast too).

I also really like seeing the other ME characters from this Shepard's perspective: she cuts straight to the heart of them with brutal clarity and in a fresh way (the way she perceives some of their traits for example).

In any case, what I'm getting at is that I'm really enjoying the story, and the level of detail you've woven carefully into it all. I never feel like something mundane is happening, even if it's just Shepard, waiting for a scumbag C-SEC officer to exit a club. Thanks for spending your time writing this, and I look forward to the next chapter. Can't wait to see Tali and Shepard's meeting.