Reviews for The Benevolent Mask
di311 chapter 12 . 4/5/2014
Okay, so, I am a terrible friend/fan of your writing & this fic. I realized I never left a review of the final chapter! So allow me to amend that…
Oh Carl, such a little brat but so typical of a kid that age! But some sweet moments in there. With the frame 3 and the badge…I need to take a minute to say OMG how come I never noticed this detail in the show? *crying*
Some nice, sweet Mommy/Daughter and Rick/Lori moments too. As always, I love the little details you put in to make the scenes come to life.
Oh, I know this fic/series was so hard on you but it has such a special place in my heart. It was a dream come true when I first found it because that's all I ever wanted after Lori's death: someone to write her surviving and still alive. This will always be the real story to me 3 (that, and Rick waking up from his coma in the end and the Grimes fam still together-with Judith coming soon-lop)
Thanks for writing this and seeing it through to the end, my friend! *whispers* I hope to read your little snippets of some season 4 canon with Lori soon too ;)
French Fries chapter 12 . 3/3/2014
ADORABLE! I'm so glad you updated this! It's nice to find stories where you can get a glimps of what it would be like if a character were still alive. You are also very good at portraying the character's personalities and reactions. Overall, an AMAZING story! Good job!
ReadingRed chapter 12 . 3/3/2014
I loved the ending. It made me very hopeful for their future. Great job.
Tell me you're still you chapter 12 . 3/3/2014
Was this the last chapter? I'd love to see more of the Grimes family.
LeanneDaseyLover chapter 12 . 3/2/2014
This was a good ending. Carl's thoughts and his anger are true and I love how you portrayed it here. Lori and Rick's scene and the "planning" to help Carl was very beautiful. I love Rick and Michonne's friendship in the show, so I really enjoyed seeing the connection here.

Question, are you planning on doing season 4 or is this the last installment? Either way, I've really loved reading this story. Just like always, you did an amazing job with this story.

ReadingRed chapter 11 . 1/5/2014
Another great chapter! I loved all the sweet bits of Judith!
di311 chapter 11 . 1/1/2014
Hooray a new chapter!

Aw I think Beth speaks for all of us here when she observes Lorick, hehe. But then you had to throw in the angst from Lori :p

I LOVE how you incorporated that scene where Rick sees ghostLori on the catwalk and changes his mind about the wire. I could see the scene in my head as I read it, you did a good job adding in the little details like her shifting (I see the sun behind her in the background as I read :D)

Ugh, the Governor. Haha man I hate that guy. But I'm glad in this story we can see Lori's perspective on the conflict with him. :)

Looking forward to more, as always!
Tell me you're still you chapter 11 . 1/1/2014
Loved it!
LeanneDaseyLover chapter 11 . 12/31/2013
This was another great chapter.
I loved the scene between Lori and Beth. It's nice to someone there for Beth in the "mother" role. I know that Carol is/was there on the show, but we didn't see her act like that for Beth. (Which after Sophia, I can understand why she might hold that side back.) I know there are times when I still need my mom and I can't imagine her not being around, so I really empathize with Beth missing hers. That scene between Lori and Beth was sweet and I think very much needed (for Beth). I look forward to more scenes between these two.
I also love Lori's strength in the last part of this chapter. I know she is a strong woman, but to see it written so amazingly here is wonderful.
I can't wait for the upcoming chapters! Things are about to get lol

French Fries chapter 11 . 12/31/2013
YYEESSSS! A new chapter! I have been waiting so long! I am absolutely in love with this story and the whole idea of what the show would be like if Lori were still alive. Keep writing and update soon! (:
ReadingRed chapter 10 . 12/7/2013
I love Carl in this chapter. It's nice to see this side of him.
LeanneDaseyLover chapter 10 . 11/23/2013
So...yeah. When was the last time I reviewed again? *looks sheepish* Sorry about that. I have no excuse really, but I am still reading so... yeah. *shrugs*

I loved this chapter. Lori's different interactions with some of the others in this chapter were really nice. I think my favorite was with Michonne. There was just something about the two that really connected there. Maybe it was Carl (since this takes place after Clear), or maybe it's the fact that Michonne was a mother. (It's said in the comics she's mother right? Or is that just my headcanon?) Anyway I really enjoyed that section. I also thought the ending with Lori and Rick was sweet. It makes my heart ache though. They never had this chance to reconnect or comfort each other in the show. I love reacding about all four members of the Grimes family together, but like with Lorick sections/chapters, they hurt my heart a little bit. Lol

Once again, I loved this chapter and I'm so sorry it's been such a long time since I last review. I promise you though, Robyn, I'm still here reading even if I'm silent. I will try to get back into reviewing though. I know how much vocal support is appreciated. :)

Much love,
Tell me you're still you chapter 10 . 11/23/2013
I wonder what's going on with Rick.
di311 chapter 10 . 11/23/2013
Yayy so happy to have more of this story again!
Loved the Lori/Carl interaction throughout, and him helping out with Judith is so dang cute! Feeeells
It was interesting to get Michonne's POV a little bit, and nice to see her trying to encourage Lori a bit.
I laughed at the line where Rick quickly got out of Carl's way "to avoid being jackknifed".
Enjoyed the last scene, of course. Lorick feels! :) Aw she's giving him a bath haha!
Great job, I enjoy reading the little "day in the life" of the Grimes fam, plus a little of the prison peeps ;). Just as it should have been! Sigh.
crystal2817 chapter 9 . 9/3/2013