Reviews for Warriors
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Soul- deep writing!

I love your Teenchester phase! HOpe you do more soon! I am also missing your epilepsy Sam. Hint hint!

Your stories are all like magic...I feel like I step out of this world and can live in yours for a time.

Thank you!
Karen
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Wow. How the hell do you pack so much emotion into such few words?! This hit me like a freight train, and the reference to 50/50 made it even better since I was very moved my that as well. The way you wrote their pain was so poignant. Yet you balanced it perfectly by showing their determination adn warrior's heart, through anything and everything. Just...wow.

Fave parts:

It won't make much difference, except that Dean has this plan, this 'look' in mind and Sam knows he's just being stupid to make Sam feel better so he's going to go along with it. It's kind of working, after all.

...Such a Sam thing, seeing through Dean's goofiness and knowing it's all for him.

"Do you think I'm going to die?"...Dean's going to say, 'Of course not, don't be stupid', or 'shut up, don't think like that' because no one really wants to admit that Sam has cancer and it might kill him. All Dean and Dad do is tell him that he's going to be okay, like they know that for sure somehow. But then Dean stops. He snaps his mouth shut and looks at Sam for a long moment without saying anything and Sam feels his breath catch. Maybe Dean's going to tell the truth this time, and suddenly he's not sure he wants to know. Then Dean's arms wrap around him from behind, pulling him back against his brother's chest, and Dean ducks his head down so he can rest his chin on Sam's shoulder. "You better fucking not," he says roughly. "Got that, squirt?"

...I can't describe how perfectly you nailed this interaction. With your vivid description, I was on teh edge of my seat, right there with Sammy, uncertain of what Dean was going to say. And Dean's reply? Perfect. Asolutely perfect. Honest, but strong. Beautifully true to Dean's character.

...if Dean says he's not allowed to die then he shouldn't be allowed to fucking die, but it also makes him feel like maybe Dean's holding him now because he doesn't know how much longer Sam's going to be here.

...Tragic in its truth, devastating in its execution. Understated and wonderful.

...throwing an arm over the back of the couch that just happens to almost be around Sam's shoulders...

...Love the subtlety of this line! Can totally picture it in my head! :)

Sorry that most of this review is your own words...just wanted to quote my favorite bits, which was hard considering I wanted to quote the whole thing! Brilliant work (as always), MP. Loved this one so much.
quickreaver chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I never EVER get tired of this world you've built. I haven't seen 50/50 but I've heard such good things about it. Dean is so awesome here, and Sam needs that. Lovely little slice of their troubled life...
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Well done, as always. :)
Leahelisabeth chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
You break my heart. The cancer, the hair, Dean saying "my turn..." Sniff. The things you do to me.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
This was actually really poignant as there is a girl at work going into hospital tomorrow to "kick cancers butt" as she puts it for the fourth time.
Awesome story and just so like Dean to have Sam shave his head and give him a mohawk too like his little brother, and could see why Dean left the mohawk on Sam to give him a bad a$$ look, at least until it fell out. And totally believable that Dean didn't give Sam the trite "you'll be okay" but instead told him "you better f*cking not" "Got that squirt".
You have a great talent for writing these emotional pieces and always have them both so in character.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Oh, Pix, you do these so well and break my damn heart every time.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Mohawks! Leave it to Dean.
missingmikey chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Love the way you write the brothers!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Definitely something would do in support of his baby brothger!
Hacked It Out and Fell chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I love this and want more stories about Sam being sick and Dean being amazing!
26 | « Prev Page 1 2