Reviews for Playing Games
AppleSpongeCake chapter 1 . 2/12
Wow, loved it.
EvilDime chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
I bet you're one of those people who laugh about themselves when they slip or bump their heads - able to see the irony even while it hurts.
I like that you can't write pure angst or pure fun; they never quite exist without each other in my world, so I'm happy with always having a bit of both.
And... the very idea of this fic is highly amusing, so even if it takes a nose-dive towards the heavy, angsty, save-his-soul type angle, it's still pretty funny. *g*
- Dime
d1x1lady chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Really interesting story. Love it!
FOP Property chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
:D I can picture Moriarty and John playing Poker.
EJ 12212012 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
So good.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
SherlockWholmes

That got away from me. Trying to type on a Kindle with its wretched auto correct. I was going for the word truly, and got turkey instead.

It wouldn't let me post a 2nd review logged in.
SherlockWholmes chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Sherlock and Jim turkey are frighteningly alike aren't they?
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
I imagine that playing with Jim would be like playing with Crawley (Sam and Dean's "buddy"). You have to admire John's shear steel backbone when needed. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
I loved this. I kinda hope you write a whole story based on this using this as the first chapter but you already said its a complete one-shot. Just keep it in mind for the future.
ScribeOfRhapsody chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Can't write comedy? Are you kidding? You comedic fics are wonderful!
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Nice one, and I think the humour works in principle just not in execution. Still liked the idea of John and Jim playing poker in a swimming pool.
8annie81 chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
No! No sympathy for Moriarty!
*_* A poker game? That's brilliant. Lol John brought up the army a lot. Maybe a little bit in excess, but otherwise the story was completely amazinggggg!
Anon chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
This story, despite its refusal to become what you wanted it to be, flowed nicely and actually made sense. Too often writers want to direct a story in a certain way and it ends up being cliche or confusing. Being able to listen to your characters and your plot definitely is a pro for a writer, and it made this story worth reading.
Motaku1235 chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
BEAUTIFUL!
Aliit Vodeson chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I couldn't stop laughing! Moriarty simply sitting down and playing cars! It's so in character but at the same time such a funny scene! Well done turning an ordinary deck of cards into a comedy