Reviews for The Serpent's Hidden Secret
TasTigerGal chapter 2 . 8/20/2014
LOVE IT! This is the first GOF Severitus ffn I've seen :D Can't wait for your next chapter xoxo
sportsygirl chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Nightshade's sydneylover150 chapter 2 . 2/23/2013
I hope you write more! This looks like a promising beginning!
Moi chapter 2 . 2/14/2013
If Dumbledore did to me what he did to Snape and his loved ones (Lily, Harry), I'd be furious. IF I trusted him beforehand, I'd start do make my own preparations in secret from now on. Contingency plans, as you'd never know what else was kept from you and Dumbledore obviously does NOT have Snape's son's best interest at heart, let alone Snape's or Lily's. And the incidents surrounding Quirrell and the Stone only emphasize on that. Really, the Stone in combination with Harry starting at Hogwarts (and the way it was set up - not that Snape is aware of all of that) was first and foremost Voldemort-bait.
Actually, as you had Snape be a spy already before Lily became pregnant, that throws all of canon's reasoning out the window.
Basically, Dumbledore deliberately betrayed him and Lily if the prophecy still had the same content, if you think about it. Why force Lily into marriage with James Potter, someone of whose defiance Voldemort must have known (in contrast to Severus whose defiance would have been covert IF he did so 'thrice') as he no doubt did so openly? The question is how you interpret "born to those who have thrice defied him". Lily and Severus (IF he defied etc.)? Lily and James (as per marriage, so that the requirements of the prophecy would be fulfilled if Severus would not have qualified)? Lily and Severus AND James? It would explain Dumbledore's insistence, his forcing Lily.
If it is one of the two former, Neville could still be a potential option IF his marking happened sometime later in life.
If it were the second and Snape qualified, wouldn't it have been a better option to keep their child safe IF it were born "when the seventh month dies"? UNLESS Dumbledore did deliberately set both sets of parents up to make their children into the one that prophecy spoke of. I am talking about the qualifier "mark him as his equal", once the qualifier end of July and male was met (naturally or helped along). Better to have access to potential children of prophecy through their parents being part of the Order, than trying to track them down. After all, you cannot really stop by every parent on the British Isles and beyond and ask if they happened to have defied a certain Dark Lord three times lately. I know, I am being cynical, but you'd be, too, if you really thought about all the little coincidences.
If the last version were the correct one, Dumbledore really had the deciding hand in enabling the prophecy to become reality. After all, not all prophecies necessarily come to fruitition!
No matter which version really applied, it was always emphasized that the Order was being picked up and killed one by one for an entire year already before Voldemort inadvertently put himself out of commission. They clearly had a traitor in their midst (Honestly, what happened to Veritaserum?), the 'Dark' side was winning and it was only a matter of time until the so called 'Light' side would have been no more. Risking the life of innocents and ruining the lives of a few (Yep, that Greater Good crap.) would have been a small price to pay in order to get hold of the means to have a fighting chance of getting rid of Voldemort for good. Possible Dumbledore reasoning.
Incidentally, the killings of Order members only started AFTER Harry and Neville were born, even though the disappearances and killings of others continued on for ten more years (all in all eleven).
You have started with a most intriguing plot here that has my mind spinning with the possibilities. :)
Guest chapter 2 . 2/13/2013
Nice chapt...
Keep up d good work...
Plz update soon... :D
hpcmfan7 chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I like this story so far! I can't wait to see what's going to happen with Harry and Severus especially with the tournament. Update soon!