Reviews for The Scar that Hurt
maesde chapter 1 . 4/11
Very nice one shot.
WonderfulWorld chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
I like this oneshot because of your writing style, but also because it does not give the happy ending.
Do not get me wrong, I want to see these characters have their own share of luck, but even with all the character deaths in the book the sacrifices did not affect me. Those were there, but only passing by. I am not craving more of cold corpses on the streets, but in the end it felt like nothing was lost, even though it should have.
This is a good take on what would happen if Voldemort had survived with only one piece of his soul left. I have been thinking this kind of scenario as well and you gave me a one answer, a one possible scenario.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
awesome. Thats how the book should have ended. Boy how do i hate happy ends.
vikraal chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
One spelling so far, "The train began to 'more',"

It didn't really get much of a reaction out of me. When I first read it in the morning, As I read the starting few lines, my first guess was that Voldemort is back and He's probably a kid that somehow became a part of Harry's son/daughter or of his friends, and then till the end, at which I didn't really feel anything, I was even going to complain the Effect of Tobirama Jr. was more effective than this.

I read it again this time picturizing it as if it was the movie. It even goes with that Sad Slow Music, like a tune of a Piano and a Violin playing and everything has reached slow motion, the kids are in their compartment, they are talking about Hogwarts and the silliness of their parents teasing and a toy bird flies at their compartment.
Albus was near the door and most likely hit by the glass and all the splinters, how did Harry recognize the corpse of such, is a good question. Possibly the parent-child-connection thing; So.. I did manage to a twinge of something, most likely its pity.

I suppose the problem is that you've posted this because of all the Harry Potter you've re-read, and its a very possible scenario, If I had actually read the book, and knew of this ending, I would look at it as a surprise. Especially after such an anti-climatic victory. The problem is that its not a Buildup as it normally is in a story, for me anyway.

I had a reaction after watching Django Unchained.
At the Start of that movie I understood it was about slavery of black people, They were whipped and everything, and killed like they were a pest. Its till the Mid part of the Film where they finally meet Candy, and He's having two black People fight. As they fight I make myself wonder how they can still continue, if this was to go realistically, those punches and at those certain points must have very much likely damaged those organs, and they should drop out, and by the end this one guy wins, and I think he pulls out the eye of the other guy, its not graphically shown but the man moved his hands towards his eyes as in pain, and as the finale for the fight he was given a hammer to finish it. At this point, I think what...I mean there was absolutely no Pity, I even wondered if the black guy would actually hesitate, especially considering his wounds and exhaustion as the adrenalin is wearing off.
That got a reaction out of me, I'm stunned and disgusted, I even think if this is how it had been and still probably is for Slaves in today's world. After that I actually felt like thinking all sorts of ways the White guy would die as he prepares to whip a woman.

So Basically it was the Build up, you can write it, its not doubt, even had it done well, with the scenario of Tobirama's Jr. eyes.
Akuma Kuro chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Wow man this is one hell of a one shot!
Hisui Kitsune chapter 1 . 2/11/2013