Reviews for Everything Will Be Alright
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Wow. That was a really good fic! I loved how a different side of Hermione was explored, but still was realistic. Most stories I read are so unlike her, it's unbelivable! Yours was great! Kee up the good work!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
I didn't see that fic pass... One second it was the beginning, the next it was the end. That was a weird feeling :p
Which means I really liked this ;) And I'm not really a fan of Romione :p I feel sad that Hermione went through all of this just to lose her parents anyway, and I found your idea to write about her therapy and how she got over what happened very interesting.
Nice job :)
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
This was perfect. I've seen far too many a story that is set after the war and people act like nothing has happened. You've shaped the aftermath of the story so well and how even a year later, everyone hasn't stopped grieving. I love Post-War fics like this because they tell the real story, not something that definitely wouldn't happen in real life. Loved the mentions of Australia! And the park that Hermione ended up in was either the Botanic Gardens or Hyde Park as both are near the British Embassy in Sydney. That was the part I could picture the best (well obviuosly I live there...) And when Hermione's parents died my heart just broke for her! I liked the idea of having a war vetran talk to her and help her, I think it was definitely what she needed and I can see her freaking out whenever she saw a dagger. The end where she thinks that she and Ron should try again made me jump for joy and I hope that they do! Great job!

DFTBA
Nayla xx
dimitrisgirl18 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Wow, I actually never thought about the PTSD effects on the survivors. You wrote this quite well, and honestly, it didn't seem like I was reading a 5k fic. It flowed quite well with the time breaks and I felt all of the sadness of the last book all over again :( It also made me really sad that Hermione's parents died. You can't just do that D:

Also, ROMIONE. D: It made me full of feels that they broke up, but I liked that you tied it up at the end with a little promise for the future, which gives it the necessary element of hope. Also, I love the emphasis of the story that asking for help isn't weak.

Some SPaG issues were distracting, but overall it was nice. Well done!
Fading to Black chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
That was...decidedly realistic. I never really thought that they could all get over it (the War) like a snap of the fingers, like it's sometimes implied. There's a lot of healing to be done, and I think that it's good that Hermione got medical help. Even if I was worried for a moment because Tom is like Tom Riddle...even though that wouldn't make logical sense.
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
This was quite emotional. You brought up a more realistic, negative side to the aftermath of the war, and however morbid it was, I did enjoy reading it. It was a victory, yes, but so many were lost that there had to be some traumatizing.

Honestly, when Hermione found out her parents had died after Ron had yelled her, my heart literally just stopped. That was so tragic!

And the ending...though it was a bit cliche, I still loved it because it was a bittersweet Romione ending and I like Romione.

Other than a few typos, this was great. :)
articcat621 chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
That was great! I love how you did Hermione's struggle in this, and how she had Luna and Ginny's support. I imagine that after the war, a lot of people felt the war Hermione did. And McGonagall's speech at the end was brilliant too. You did a good job with this, and I enjoyed it!
AmzyD chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
How could you do this to me! Ahhhh the pain, this really hurt my soul. Poor Hermione! Having her parents taken from, her knowing they had no memory of her when they died? Ouch. You really managed to depict the pain and her inner turmoil perfectly; it was detailed and portrayed her very well. I like how you dealt with the subject and grief and I really like the hopeful, bittersweet note that this ends on.
Montley chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I really loved this; it was emotional and true to life. It's hard to imagine that right after the war, everything was perfect, because it wasn't,a nd you described that beautifully here.
It was a beautiful story, will beautiful details and messages. When Ginny said she should talk to Tom, the first Tom that popped into my head was Riddle, and I laughed at my silliness when it wasn't Riddle.
Although, I did notice two minor typos:
[They didn't let her to the hospital wing, but took her to a quiet spot.]
Instead of let, I believe you meant lead.
["What do you she now?"]
Instead of she I think you meant see.
I really loved this story though!
Fantastic work!
Lily meet Ginny chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I liked how you pulled aspects of psychology into this story. There have been so many incidents in this series where the characters should have been offered counseling and such, and never were. Honestly, after the war, all of the students should have been given support groups to get over the things they saw and did in the war. I liked that you had one of the strongest girls in the book seek help, supported by two others of equal strength. There are enough girls who view it as weakness to seek help, and perhaps this story will help someone out. I loved your writing style. You kept each scene at the right length with the right amount of detail. You did a good job of describing EMDR and in describing all of the emotions swirling about in this story. Great job, I enjoyed every bit.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
This is lovely.

It's extremely unlikely that everyone would be fine after living the hellish year they did in DH, and Hermione suffered more than everyone but Harry in my opinion. Her suffering from PTSD is only to be expected.

You written her actual suffering beautifully. I like that you've made her therapist a Squib. I'm not sure how likely it is for the Wizarding world to have therapists, but as a Squib, it is likely that he went into therapy due to his exposure to the Muggle world. And the fact that he was a war veteran himself was a nice touch.

I did notice somme SPaG errors, but they were minor, and didn't really detract from the fic. And considering the length of the fic, they're excusable :)

Well done! :)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Needing help is not weakness. Very well written, keep writing
Isilarma chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Another brilliantly written piece. You're right; I don't think anyone who fought would have been completely fine afterwards, and that came across very clearly in Hermione, Harry and the Weasleys. I really like Tom, and I like that you made him a war veteran too. Considering the amount of trouble Hogwarts students get into, it makes sense that they have someone on hand to pick up the pieces.

You wrote all the interaction between Ron and Hemione very well; both of their characterisations were spot on. There were a few minor things, like a pair of missed speech marks somewhere but, overall, it was a really good picture of life after the war.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
I agree that it's incredibly unrealistic for everyone to be perfectly fine following the end of the war, so I did like seeing something that was very realistic and gritty. I think you did a good job with everybody's characterization, and Ron, especially, seemed in-character the way that he became angry with Harry and Hermione; it reminds me of the scene in the tent in DH when Ron tells Harry that Harry doesn't know what it's like because his parents are dead. I like the idea of there being a therapist that helps students who need it; I've always found it strange how there's no canon mental-help professionals in the magical world. I like that you made the therapist a Squib, as well - straddling the Muggle and magical worlds like that, he'd be able to apply Muggle methods while working with witches and wizards.

There were a few small SPaG errors scattered throughout the piece, although in a fic of this length it's kind of expected. Nice job!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
I think it's believable that they went through this after the war. It's not how my head canon rolls, exactly, but it's not all bows and ribbons either, if I'm telling the truth. It takes them some time to get over it... years, in fact. Never, perhaps.

I think you wrote Hermione really well, and you described her reactions well too. And the therapy... I liked that idea.

Just one little thing... Australian geography correction... the embassies aren't in Sydney. In fact (and you probably didn't even know this... no one does, so you can be forgiven) Sydney isn't even the capital city. Canberra is (a small, inland city that was created because Sydney and Melbourne couldn't agree on what city should be the capital) so all the embassies are located on Canberra, where I now live for uni. So... yeah... just thought you ought to know. If she needed an embassy, she'd need to go to Canberra :P

Great job.