Reviews for The Jesus Storybook Bible
Catori Simone Winston chapter 5 . 3/16/2013
Ah, the Tower of Babel... "Because nobody could get to heaven..." That kind of made me just a bit sad. The people were trying to get to Heaven but they couldn't. It's kind of hard to imagine that. Really. Wanting and trying so hard to get to Heaven, to God and not being able to...
Catori Simone Winston chapter 4 . 3/16/2013
I love this story truly I do. There are just no words. It's very easy to understand. This is absolutely wonderful. I am skipping off to the next chapter! :D
Catori Simone Winston chapter 3 . 3/16/2013
Gosh, this chapter made me tear up. It's amazing how God created this world and it was good... and then Adam and Eve eat the fruit and yet, still today, even though He felt betrayed, He still loved Adam and Eve. Even today, with everyone being messy and sinners, all He wants is a relationship with us. He wants to love us and He does love us. It amazes me anytime I think about it. Wonderful chapter. This story is really good. Truly.
Catori Simone Winston chapter 2 . 3/16/2013
It's amazing that He created it all. I look up at night sometimes and think how beautiful the stars are and how the full moon looks in the dark. It's spectacular what He has done. Amazing chapter.
Catori Simone Winston chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I love this first chapter/introduction. I never thought of the Bible as a story. It's an interesting way of looking at it. I absolutely love this: "No, the Bible isn't a book of rules, or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a story. It's an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It's a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne - everything - to rescue the one he loves. It's like the most wonderful fairy tales that has come true in real life!" That has to be one of my favorite parts. Awesome-ness! :)
autumnrose2010 chapter 8 . 2/28/2013
That was really beautiful, I've always felt so terribly sorry for Leah...
PurpleDucks5 chapter 7 . 2/27/2013
"Many years later, another Son would climb another hill, carrying wood on his back. Like Isaac, he would trust hid Father and do what his Father asked. He wouldn't struggle or run away.

Who was he? God's Son, his only Son - the son he loved.

The Lamb of God."

Wow! I never realized this similarity, isn't it amazing how God works, planning years and years into the future? Wonderful work :)
PurpleDucks5 chapter 3 . 2/27/2013
This chapter was really amazing, I have never thought of the Story of Adam and Eve like this before, it give it a really sense of hope. To me this seems like more of a story or a book. It gives an entirely new perspective to everything God does throughout the story. It's like there's a plot, and everything, even us, is part of it. Even though this is a simpler version of the story, it seems more complex when you think about all the thoughts and questions and feelings it brings forth. It's almost as if God, Adam and Eve are characters, and we can feel what they feel, unlike how in the Bible the events are told merely as facts.

Simply brilliant.
autumnrose2010 chapter 6 . 2/24/2013
I think it's really neat how you're re-telling Bible stories so that they're easier to understand. If I were you I probably would have included a few words about Hagar and Ishmael in this chapter, but it's your story...:)
Jyoti chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Wonderful job, and thank you for posting.
autumnrose2010 chapter 3 . 2/17/2013
Just a word of advice, it would be easier to read if you broke it up into paragraphs...
PurpleDucks5 chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Wow... I really love this first chapter. I like how you related Jesus to a prince or a hero from a fairy tale, really insightful. I hope you keep going!
27 | « Prev Page 1 2