Reviews for Far from Home
Sarah chapter 3 . 2/18/2013
"It was then that his gaze wandered over the crowd, and his eye was drawn to one figure in particular, broad shoulders that slouched but still stood half a head taller than the rest.

The sharp profile. The curtained fringe of brown hair falling in a gentle curve over the angle of his cheek. Lips a breath apart, his narrow, slightly tilted eyes trained on the ground near his feet.

Sam.

"Sam!"

The crowd closed in like a tide, blocking his path. He shouted Sam's name again and again, but the rising voices in of the crowd drowned his out. He shouldered his way into the crowd, through the tight press of bodies, fighting his way toward the man he was certain was his brother.

Sam, look at me. Look up. Look at me. Find me."

OMG, I love your images, your descriptions - the way you build a sentence - I'm not that coherent and there's no way I could truly do your work justice, but... "The curtained fringe of brown hair falling in a gentle curve over the angle of his cheek. Lips a breath apart..." I sat there for a long time trying to figure what conveyed the tenderness in this image, from Dean's POV, and finally settled on, first, the 'curtained' and 'curve' echoing each other, both words for things that soften, the opposite of hardness: curtains soften light, shield and protect, curves are always gentle, never sharp or hurtful. And the echo that's more than alliteration links them across the space of the sentence, makes them soothing. And then the similar with 'fringe' and 'falling' - fringes also soften, and you could have said 'bangs' but word choice makes it a completely different image if you said that - and the 'f', the fricative, is also a soft letter, and then the 'falling', softness, vulnerability, helplessness. 'Gentle', from Dean's POV, is wonderful, 'angle', of course, because of the leanness, the hunger they all face. Fabulous apocalyptic vision, btw - I can't really do that justice, nor Dean's matter-of-factness about having been beaten to death, but - ever read a graphic novel called "Y-The Last Man"? It has a great apocalyptic-thing that's close to what you manage to evoke here with mere words. And the thing I don't want to forget, "lips a breath apart" - is there any more evocative, more loving image, and a breath, again - what's softer and more life-giving and gentler than that? This is just - a fucking triumph of description, everything converging on your image of Sam through your Dean's eyes as soft, gentle, lovable. God, I'm melting. And - your get-Sam is kind of get-Dean-ish, I'm noticing - Dean's heartfelt plea to Sam - oh God, is there anything more painful, more earnest? "Sam, look at me. Look up. Look at me. Find me." The repetition of 'look', the short, mostly-two-word, sentences, convey the utter desperation in your Dean, and just make me breathless at the end - and the "find me" - your Dean would never say he's *lost*, but that's what that coda means, after the repetition with variation, and it's a gut-punch. It made me gasp.
There's so much more that's amazing about this. Don't think this is all. It's just all i can say.
Sarah chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
"...fat raindrops coming down hard and exploding with surprising force like wet artillery against the packed dust of their dying earth and their truck's cracked windshield."

That's a fucking beautiful sentence. I'm too brain-dead to pick it apart, but, wowee. Seriously. WOW.
L.A.H.H chapter 3 . 2/16/2013
Fascinating progression. I can't wait for more. Thanks for writing!
SayLo chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
Damnnn dean, i can see in real how he'll get if sam just died or was gone for sure. He'll act fine but be more dead than ive inside
SPN Mum chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
Dean is sure hurting without Sam at his side. He doesn't seem to be functioning all that well. Did he really see Sam in the crowd? Where has Cas taken Sam, and how is he hiding Sam from Lucifer? Will Dean like what he finds, if he goes with Cas?
SPN Mum chapter 2 . 2/15/2013
Gosh! Dean was beaten to death by that couple, then brought back to life by Michael, without him even being present. O.o I guess that means that Dean won't stay dead, no matter what happens to him? That's a scary thought.
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Whoah! Sounds like Dean is losing it. He put Sam's name on the wall, then two months later he doesn't remember doing it? O.o Sam is obviously gone, and Dean apparently blames Cas for it. I wonder what happened?
quickreaver chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
I confess; I have a thing for spent orchards. Nice!
mb64 chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
Oh my goodness. Just wow...! You HAVE to update this soon please! I need more. Soon. Very soon. Thank you.

Awesome chapter by the way.

Ginnylove9990 chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
Great chapter. Looking forward to next one.
SPNxBookworm chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
Gahhh! CAS IS BACK! Where is Sam? I can so get Dean's predicament. Please update soon! Don't leave me hanging.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 2 . 2/15/2013
Freaking angels.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Wow, excellent chapter.
lilliannaelizabeth chapter 2 . 2/15/2013
i hope you write another chap soon because this chp is great but it makes me really have to know what is going on. where is sam and cass? i am following like you asked so hopfully that will help you write quicker. LOL
lilliannaelizabeth chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
this is very intresting and makes me want to give dean a big hug and make him feel better
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »