Reviews for All Of Brief Eternity
WalkingInTalaria chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
Beautiful poem! I really like the rhyme scheme you used. It helps the feel of the poem, in my opinion. I think my favorite line was "rising fire now rings his head"; it brought up such a wonderful scene in so few words.
Tai'shar Westernesse chapter 1 . 5/2/2015
Beautiful. Your ending lines are wonderfully striking- I especially liked "antithesis of stars." Stunning.
Certh chapter 1 . 1/10/2015
Quite beautiful. Very intense and capturing Melkor's essence before his "fall" wonderfully.
Valandil chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
I found that you captured Melkor brilliantly, you really got him the way Tolkien would have wanted him to be seen. To be honest, I'm not surprised, your work has astounding quality.
Satan Mekratrig chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Hey, this is some good poetry! I like it.
Nice imagery in this; I especially like the last verse (but I am the Lord of Lies, not Melkor! jk)
Very...what's the word I'm thinking of...evocative, that's it. Somehow it fits Melkor as I view him before he became Morgoth Bauglir and lost it all. Beautiful.
Blackheart Dracon chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Wow. It's greatly written! The sound of the poem is miraculous. Morgoth's in character;)
Morgaur chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Oh. My. God.
That is one incredible poem. I'm wordless. Truly, truly you are the queen of poets!
God, I can't find words to express how much I like this. It is absolutely epic, awesome...beautiful, utterly breathtaking.

I think I had a vague idea - but this is so much better. I count myself a poet, but I cannot even begin to imagine writing something like this. I think my favourite parts are the fourth stanza (His thought turned slowly; and alone) and the last (Rising fire now rings his head). Especially the last.

Is Morgoth in character? To me, very much so! Unbelievable. Truly, worth the wait.

CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
That was beautiful! Morgoth was very much in character here; I loved seeing this through his eyes. As always, you used such strong images and vivid language, and your rhymes were excellent.

Fantastic work! :)
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Yes! He's most definitely in character! I especially like how you described his pride.

Another amazing poem!
Mirach chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
This is beautiful, and very original to write about Melkor in the time before the creation of Arda!