Reviews for Rival
epiphanein chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Thank you very much for giving me a lovely new OTP. /purrs

Sucks though that there aren't many of those around.

...Should I be cursing you instead?
PennyOfTheWild chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Oh! -I am so absolutely ridiculous: you've posted it here! *blushes very, very red*

I already gushed over your characterization, but I don't suppose it would hurt if I repeated myself, so I'm going to say it again:

the way you bring out character is absolutely brilliant (and envy-inducing), and that shines especially here, because both Imayoshi and Kasamatsu are minor characters, as far as characters go, and yet you expand on those facets of their personalities that we already know exist so very skilfully it's awe-inspiring.

I love how you wrote Imayoshi: bringing out his cleverness and manipulating tendencies without making him out to be completely evil (I wonder what you could do with Hanimaya?) - and Kasamatsu is just perfect.

There are so many lovely lines in this, but I suppose these were my favorites:

'Kasamatsu looked at the relaxed, half-dressed sprawl of him at their kotatsu, glanced down at his mug of decaf, reviewed the past several months, and had a horrifying epiphany. "What the fuck," he said, mind gone staticky with shock. "When did we become boyfriends?"'

Because you conveyed the slow-creeping-up-on-him so well.

Thank you so much for sharing, and I'll shut up now.
ugh chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I've trawled through most of the Kurobas FFN archive, and this piece is definitely one of my favourites, if not my favourite oneshot. You're so cruel, converting me to a ship that has next to no fics with it ;; (although I haven't checked out AO3 yet). Anyway, lovely characterisation, and not only is the idea/plot of the fic pretty fabulous, you pulled it off really well.
ylfrettub chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
This was pretty entertaining.
kisecchiki chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
I absolutely love you for making a fic about them! I love this rare pair and this story is just too cute! Both of them are so IC it makes me squeal happily. Thank you for writing this story!
Sapphire00Moonlight chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
a;slkdgh Your writing makes me ship all the ships in your stories. ;A; This is not healthy.
Fantita chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
OMG. This was great! I love Imayoshi and I'm glad that he's receiving some love! And Kasamatsu is awesome too
And well, I never thought of Imayoshi and Kasamatsu together but you pulled it off and made it work for me! I like a lot how you describe the progress of their relationship, how inadvertently Kasamatsu is falling into Imayoshi's charming ways. This story was both cute and fun!
One of my favorite parts is when Imayoshi asks: "You know, I'm starting to wonder whether you might actually be completely immune to flirtation." and Kasamatsu is lost, like "He tried to figure out the chain of Imayoshi's logic, how he had gotten from vectors to flirting and Kasamatsu's susceptibility to such things"
LOL
Kasamatsu is oblivious re:Imayoshi's clear signals (all those ones made me smile) but I'm glad that everything turned out to be fine for them :D Thanks for sharing!
Chibi-Onee-chan chapter 1 . 2/12/2013