Reviews for In a Fathers footsteps
timt020 chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
great story, update soon.
Vallavarayan chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
please continue.
kelwin chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
good fic. can't wait to see what happens.
Lurks in the shadows chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I am glad, that you were brave enough to tackle WoT. The books are too well-written to make a fanfiction easy to write.
This was a good beginning, the only problem I find is the birth place of "The Dragon Reborn". After all it was prophesied that "On the slopes of Dragonmount shall he be born," in Karaethon Cycle (the oldest prophesies). His birth was also witnessed (in vision) by Gitara Moroso as "He is born again! I feel him! The Dragon takes his first breath on the slopes of Dragonmount! He is coming! He is coming! Light help us! Light help the world! He lies in the snow and cries like the thunder! He burns like the sun!"
So, I know this is AU (it's fanfiction, duh!), but I don't think the correction would influence your story, would it?

Thank you for posting, I hope you will continue this.

Lurk
Amonits chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Interesting.
But I think that It would be better to finish the prologue(not in another chapter) with Rand leaving Two Rivers.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Interesting start, though Rand sounds too mature for his age and knows too much for a boy from Two Rivers (they knew much less about outside world in Canon).
apocalyps24 chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
love the the start :D cant wait for more ;D

apo24
lavender spring chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
I like the start to this story : ) It sounds like it's going to be detailed and interesting.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Nice story! Would love to see some updates.
Seitora chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Hmmm...

I enjoyed the introduction with Bel Tine and the fight between Haran and Tam, and Tam's various thoughts throughout. Yours doesn't quite match the writing style of Robert Jordan's, but it stands well on its own.

It seems to weaken a touch once Tam and Rand get home and Tam starts telling his story. His storytelling seems laser-focused on plot-relevant details, and that's disjarring to me to read. He should throw in a couple of anecdotes here and there, like details about Rand's (supposed) grandparents on his mother's side, assuming Tam ever met them, or perhaps a description of a court encounter as Lord al'Thor, or even spin off his encounter with the blademaster he defeated as a separate tale instead of just one line in his recollections.

I'm not quite sure about Tam outright telling Rand he's not his real father, though. Yes, you drove home that Tam doesn't lie, but that doesn't mean he has to tell all, since Rand is _eight_ years old right now, which could have just as easily led to existenial angst for him. He could just as easily have left out the detail about finding Rand on Dragonmount. He could just have talked about walking around the mountain among the corpses of the Defenders and Aiel and mentioning how the battlefield after a battle is a terrible sight to see, and then parlay that into an Aesop about how the fighting had to be done anyways and have Rand want to learn swordplay from there.
Swanboy chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
seems interesting
looking forward to more
ShotgunWilly chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I kinda like seeing alternate WoT starts like this one. This is a pretty good start. On the topic of the revelation: I've seen worse reasons for similar stuff, so you can count that as a win, I think. It's a believable enough reason anyway. I thought the story and reveal to Rand could have been done a bit better though. I can't help but think you portray Rand as knowing more of the world than is realistic for an 8 year old boy in the Two Rivers - heck, your Rand seems to have more background knowledge (such as Illian's Laurel Leaves) than the canon Rand did at age 20 in The Eye of the World. I don't expect you to go back and change anything - I just wanted to let you know that you're pushing the limits on my willing suspension of disbelief (to use a TVtropes term).

Do keep in mind, however, that background knowledge of the One Power which may be trivial for us readers isn't commonly known among the common citizens in the Wheel of Time's setting - at least not in the Two Rivers. Tam might know better, sure, but it was made abundantly clear that Rand didn't know very much at the beginning of EotW. Perhaps now that Tam's told Rand of his adoption and agreed to teach him the blade, that would be corrected, but... *shrug* It's something to keep in mind for the future - maybe you can ret-con something if you care enough.

Well, whatever. It's really just nitpicking on my part and it doesn't irritate me enough to not want to see more of this, so I look forward to your next update!

SGW
Bluesnowman chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Very good stuff.
oraccio chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
I have just read you masterpiece of fanfiction I beg you to continue to update and continue this story so many writers abandon the wheel of time fanfictions due to lack of readers. You are correct in the assumption that there is no other body of fictional work that quite matches up to the wheel of time in depth and breadth of storyline. But the sword of truth series if you are interested is a very good read and I think you would enjoy it if you haven't already. It is written by Terry Goodkind who is a phenomenal writer as well. Anyway thankyou for your addition and I am going to read your other works due to this masterpiece.

Keep writing,