Reviews for There Is a Light (and It Never Goes Out)
SilverBlueOtter chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
Les Mis is the only musical I've ever liked. Bringing the Sherlock characters into it makes it just perfect. The ending seems sad at first, but that's how all revolutionary best friends dream of going out.
WickedForGood13 chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I'm speechless, lost for words (in a good way). Les Mis holds a very special place in my heart, and to combine it with Sherlock - especially in this way - was incredibly moving and touching. Despite how sad their deaths are, at least Sherlock and John die together, hand in hand.
Victoria Alatamir Wan chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
So, my favorite line: "He's not even completely sure Sherlock's even noticed that another gender exists." Because it's totally Sherlock, and it's a pretty lighthearted sentence in the middle of all that darkness imagery at the beginning.
I really liked the parts where you discussed the psychological(?) love between John and Sherlock, how they complete each other and take care of each other. In my mind, that's really what John and Sherlock's relationship is like - not necessarily sexual, but definitely strong and very there even if one can easily overlook it. (Also, the Greek hero/companion analogies! A!)
Also this story was particularly nice for me because I just saw this tumblr post a few days ago about Enjolras/Grantaire and...yeah.
Great job!
Artemis Fortune chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
"John is his shadow, his guide, the human and gentle to Sherlock's loftier divinity, the name spoken with his own, intertwined and bound up together in this loom of fate they've found themselves woven into."

THEIR LAST WORDS THOUGH *collapses sobbing*