Reviews for Firefly
qwerty19 chapter 12 . 8/22
What a way to end an amazing fic! I swear, I couldn't put this story down. I'm not even kidding; the one time that I needed to get up to eat, I was grieving that I couldn't finish this and wondered what was going to happen next.
I loved every part of this. There really aren't enough Link/Romani fics, but I think you covered up for the lack of them. This was well written, utilized proper spelling and grammar, and had a complex yet incredibly interesting plot. The imagery was vivid, yet not excessive enough to drag away from the fic. There was the perfect amount of comic relief while still maintaining the serious nature of this story. The characterization was full, and none of the main or secondary characters were two-dimensional. You captured the emotions of both children and adults quite well, you depicted depression and self loathing spot on, and you had just the right amount of bad***ery (I know, not a word, blah blah blah) to make us all happy.
Why must such amazingness end?
I'll admit, I was kinda hoping for more of Link's magical abilities and a bit more of an explanation of his magical abilities. Is Termina's magic rooted in the mindset of protection, while Hylian magic is rooted in attacking? Can he now use all the mask's abilities by 'calling' on it, and no longer has to use the masks to utilize the powers? Can he use the Ocarina songs' without the actual Ocarina? Can he use all his powers again? Can I stop asking incessant questions?
For some reason, the fact that Romani started using first person speech had a big effect on me. I don't know why, it just seemed to have a deeper meaning...I'm not acting all spiritual here, but it affected me, and I liked it. There's too many other things to say about this fic, but I can't list them all. Hopefully I'll stop ranting soon.
It seems that this story helped you with your inner demons, and I'd say that it helped me with plenty of mine, too. So, I must thank you, both for writing an amazing story and for helping me.
Sorry for the obnoxiously long review, but I feel you deserve it. You can count on me rereading this many times over. I look forward to reading your other stories!
fuzzy122672 chapter 12 . 8/2
Oh. That was awfully forward.
Steveaaml chapter 12 . 7/2
Aw! Really nice a glimpse of the future, but still leaves so much open and unsaid. Really great!
Sentinel07 chapter 12 . 6/22
A great conclusion.
This is some good stuff. 10/10 fanfiction of the day. Read the entire thing and loved it.
GreatSnapper chapter 12 . 6/17
Awww, and so ends one of my favorite Zelda stories. A bittersweet moment, but I can't say I'm disappointed with the conclusion. I didn't expect the like the time skip forward, since those sorts of endings usually bug me, but I would say you did a rather good job with it, so well done! I feel like I should go back and read the whole thing again now that it's complete. It's also a bit inspiring, since I have yet to finish a story of my own. I must keep going!

Link and Romani's relationship remains adorable. It's interesting, in the OoT/MM canon, Malon always seemed to me like the character with the most actual potential to be a romantic interest for Link. Everyone else comes with a host of issues that would make it impractical (Zelda's a Princess, Saria's forever young, Ruto's a fish, and they're all sages anyway). Romani is perhaps even better suited, as she has the kind of personality that Link might need to actually come out of his shell.

That is in essence why I feel like you succeeded so well in this story, at least as far as my own opinions are concerned. You portrayed their relationship the way I imagine it would have actually progressed in canon, and you certainly didn't leave the others out. Cremia was probably my favorite of your characters here, as she seemed the most complex. You managed to make her feel like a real person with feelings and motivations that were more nuanced than I would have expected.

All in all, a great conclusion to an excellent story! I guess I'll have to go read Heart of Courage now, since that updated too. Best. Day. Ever.
Kitty Lue chapter 12 . 6/17
LOL Romani quoting that drunk guy was hilarious, and the uncomfortable reaction to it as well. xD

...The end was a bit uncomfortable for me to read, since I don't look for that sort of thing in fanfictions (or anything, for that matter), but the chapter as a whole was pretty good.
Rielence chapter 12 . 6/17
It's back! Nicely done yet again! I have a burning passion for this story, and as the years go by, I think I finally understand why. It's so real. Anyone can write a story that takes place after a Zelda game. It's easy! Where it gets hard is trying to make it seem like a legitimate continuation. It's difficult to make it seem like these events can actually take place in the Zelda universe. But your story transcends beyond this roadblock and delivers an incredible tale that if Nintendo published, I'd believe it was actually cannon. It's been over a year since I finished reading Firefly, and I'm sad to see it finally come to a complete close. But at the same time I'm happy because of how satisfying the ride was! I'll stop sucking your dick now, but I felt this needed to be said. (By the way, this is Rielence! Fanfiction is really struggling with my name and most of my reviews are now published with a random sequence of numbers instead of my actual Pen Name)
Norkix chapter 12 . 6/17
Great job as always! I'd almost forgotten about this story but now I want to read through it again. You are so great at fluff 'n' stuff it's not even funny. It's unbearably cute is what it is! One thing I always admired about this story was how well you balance everything from the fluff to the angst to the action and everything in between. It's wonderfully written and it's one of the reasons why I still think it's the definitive RomLink story.

I see you've also put a new story up, so I'll be checking that out sometime today too, but this was lovely to read over breakfast, even if I only half-remember the plot. I remember there were feels, and lots of them. I do enjoy a good feel.

...

That sounded better in my head...
mysteriousguy898 chapter 12 . 6/16
This is amazing! The feels! Romani is drunk! All the plots are wrapped up! Jim gets a girlfriend? (I did not see this coming. Thinking of a pen-pal thing between Jim and Pamela... weird! But in a good way.)

And before I forget, welcome back to the cesspool of idiocy and dearth of originality that is Fanfiction dot net! I was worried you would never return, after I saw your profile message. Thanks for not forgetting about us readers! I'm off to check and review the new chapter to Heart of Courage!
Kaoru-chibimaster chapter 12 . 6/16
You have no idea how happy this made me. Like, my smile is so big it kinda hurts. :D
I always did hope we would see more of Link and Romani's growing up years and while I would have loved to see them get married, I'm still reeling from the fact that there's a new chapter at all and I'm really greatful you added this epilogue.
So, Pamela and Jim, huh? I wasn't even expecting that, but I can see it. Though I do wonder if she ever did get to thank Link.
Lol, Cremia, it's never a good idea to leave two drunk teenagers alone. XD
*signed Kaoru-chibimaster
unicron1000 chapter 12 . 6/16
I love it.
reality deviant chapter 12 . 6/16
nice and cute
Legendosaur chapter 11 . 5/25
I like the reference to Link's Awakening that you made. I just started that game a while back, and I beat Majora's Mask 3D yesterday.
...the feels T-T