Reviews for Petals and Smoke
Silenthunder chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
This sorta reminds me of a Scarecrow-love-poem I randomly found on the Internet:

"Chocolate hearts and Valintine cards -
How /overrated,/ my dear!
I'd rather enjoy the savory gift
Of your ever-growing fear."
Writers and poets chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
How original! I very much enjoyed this, and your concept of Teagan and Jonathan's relationship.
Scrambled-Dry chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I know exactly how Crane felt when that woman pinched his cheek. It's weird, because Also ran out muttering hasty apologies and remembered every detail. The pretty much exact same thing happened to me a few years ago except Im female and was buying some lingerie and silk pajamas. The clerk, who I've known for years thought I'd finally found a boyfriend, and when I told her I was just trying to fit in with my roommates, she did exactly what this clerk did to Crane. Anyway, it's scenes like that humanize Crane, and at the same time show how monstrous he is. I'm still friends with that woman. She has empty nest syndrome and just wanted to make me feel better. Crane takes everything so personally, as if every social contact is a threat. Whether its Leland giving him a cute snowglobe or Teagan making the extra effort to sort his files (I got the impression he experimented on her to kill her concern/affection for him?), Crane feels as if he's a victim on the playground. And yet, they truly kind people put in the effort to help those who have been hurt to the point of everything appearing hostile.
Unknown chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Awww, now that is exactly what I picture Crane doing for Valentine's Day! The girl is a perfect fit for him too, very good job on this story.
LunaMarr chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Mmm Crane knows how to deliver uh Teagan? Nothing like debilitating fear to put some excitement into a relationship C;
Annie chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
That was cute in Crane and Teagan's own special, and albeit weird way!:D
girlwiththedragontatooine chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I was worried for like 3 seconds that this was going to get sappy, but of course you characterized Crane perfectly! I loved this, especially the bit about "a melody of car horns and agonized screams," which I thought was a great way to phrase how Crane would hear the results of his attack- as music to his ears! Great work and keep writing! (You KNOW we need more of Intoxicating!)
michelle1203 chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
This is perfect! I can see Crane doing this, fear is the best present