Reviews for A Dragon Age Love Story
Yolantha chapter 8 . 2/6
I've been kind of a latecomer to fanfiction and am only now finding some of the stories posted in the last couple of years. I feel a bit bad about not finding them earlier, but I am glad they're still here to be found. I just ran across A Dragon Age Love Story today and thus far, I'm enjoying it. I can see where we're headed a bit, of course I know the Cousland origin story and the game story, but it's always nice to see someone else's take on how things happen. Morrigan speaking to Alistair about Elissa's lack of stamina due to her injuries was one of the things that make fanfiction different, interactions between characters without the origin character being around. I understand you don't like Morrigan much, but still you manage to write her not as a cardboard cutout, but as a person. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the story.
nikkie chapter 34 . 12/21/2013
i have just finished your story and i can not express with words how much i loved it. i am literally at a loss for words. the way you told the story was exquisite. you gave the characters a depth of character they didn't have in the game and while i loved the game myself i always thought the characters did not express enough emotion. in you story your gave them life that at times was sad or happy or down right tragic in the case of Elissa's capture and rape. I have not been truly drug into a story emotionally in a long time and i want to thank you for creating such a moving piece of art.
ichigomisa1 chapter 9 . 12/10/2013
My FAVORITE chapter so far. Best written and most exciting!
gaiawolf chapter 20 . 11/20/2013
Hey, don't forget that Andraste blessed them also. They should drop that bomb on Avernus. Also, did you ever believe that Fiona, an Orleasian Elf Mage, is Alistar's mother?
Krikr chapter 31 . 10/27/2013
Pretty good
BUT
1) Elissa is too much skilled:
I know the hero is supposed to be the most skilled of all because he's the hero but, well, in game the Warden can't be over skilled.
2) You didn't write the meeting with Sandal in Fort Drakan !
MaiWishes chapter 20 . 10/24/2013
Aw you didnt even talk to the demon, it had a cool voice, I sided with it
MusicologyMom chapter 34 . 8/31/2013
I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your story. Given his personality and background, I, too, thought that Alistair would have married Elissa sooner rather than later. Neither of them was raised to take sex as casually as they appear to in the game. Your depiction of their courtship and love were spot on. The torture scene at Fort Drakon broke my heart, and I thought that you conveyed the ramifications of Elissa's torture and the rape of the Elvish women with a true sensitivity towards victims of violence. I agree with your take on Morrigan's offer of the Dark Ritual. The fact that it was the only way for both protagonists to survive the game was a mistake on the part of the game designers. I also enjoyed your occasional nods to the writings of David Eddings. Thank you so much for sharing this story!
GatesofShadows91 chapter 34 . 6/24/2013
Wow. Just. Wow!
I absolutely loved this!
I can't even put into words...I can't believe it's over *wipes tear*
nnoOOO chapter 34 . 6/21/2013
WHY CAN I NOT STOP CRYING A MY HEART IS SHATTERING
K. Jefferies chapter 34 . 6/18/2013
Makers Breath, you know how to mess with emotions. I can't tell you how many times I thought one or the other was dead. You are a cruel, evil, amazing person for writing this. I loved it and I won't lie, I was so concerned for Alistair's safety in the battle of Denerim that I skipped right through it to the part where he killed the arch demon. I was crying when Riordan fell because I thought there was no hope. I cursed you for your cruelty more than once to take it back every time because you just added suspense. In the assassination scene I didn't read carefully enough and I thought Elissa had been stabbed in the back. All I can say is that you are a fantastic writer and all my tears go to you, because I cried so many times but every time you pulled through with a happy ending. I was so certain of their doom when she turned down Morrigan. I just wish that they had a similar option to yours in the game, sending him to have sex with her was a horrible decision, and I wanted something else that didn't involve that b****. Anyways, overall A covered in gold and diamonds. I still don't know if i should love you for the happy ending or strongly dislike you for all the unnecessary feels/tears. 3 you're great.
magicklibra chapter 11 . 6/15/2013
Just wanted to say that I enjoy this so far! Awesome character development!
GatesofShadows91 chapter 27 . 5/13/2013
Wow.
Poor Elissa! but yay for Alistair and co arriving when thy did to save the damsel in distress.
Serenity Rose 24 chapter 34 . 5/1/2013
I will be honest. I dont normally read a story that is this long, but I really got into this one. I love how you filled in missing pieces of the puzzle and made the characters and dialogue more of your own. Sticking with the original script is all well and good, but its nice to see it transformed into something new like you have done here. I love the fact that Elissa is pregnant throughout the second half to the story. I would have liked to seen more of their family life when the children were young, but as a only a humble readee, that is only my opinion. Keep on writing and I look forward to reading more of your stuff in the future.
jaffa3 chapter 34 . 4/14/2013
An absolute peerfect ending
SmilingJack65 chapter 34 . 4/8/2013
A thoroughly enjoyable story, I liked how you filled some of the plot-holes in the original story too. I'll admit I teared up a couple of times, especially since this was the most detailed Calling I've seen anyone write. The only thing that bugged me, was that you opened up that chapter with someone wanting Elissa dead and then they never resolved who had been behind it. Well that and the apparent invulnerability of Elissa's unborn children through all the shock moments and situations they were put through. Seriously, what were her fetuses made of? Tempered steel?