Reviews for Kariya's Legacy
faust79 chapter 11 . 7/24
waiting for update
I love it so far. I can't wait for you to get back to this so I can read the conclusion.
LSSJ2 Gohan chapter 11 . 6/13
This story is nothing short of amazing. A Shinji Matou that is actually LIKEABLE... Nice work there. Can't wait to see more of this incredible tale.
Aria6 chapter 11 . 5/23
This is a lovely story and I hope to read more! :)
Need an account chapter 11 . 1/28
This truly is a well written story. I love the idea of Kariya having some sort of lasting impact instead of just going through all that suffering and pain for nothing. It's also pretty cool to see a less of an asshole Shinji and you've written his inner conflict rather well. It's a shame you haven't touched this story for over a year but it's a darn good one so thank you ~
Wow, this was quite excellent. The possibility of a non-villainous Shinji Matou was something I thought not possible, but you pulled it off with flying colors. With that said, is this still being updated? It's not on your profile status. If it's not, it's a crying shame, since this is easily one of the better Nasuverse stories I've seen in all of my tenure as a TYPE-Lunatic.
ezequiel.ayoroa chapter 11 . 8/18/2016
From bad to worse, and they haven't even reached the mountain. I can't wait to see how this goes!
erihan chapter 11 . 5/26/2016
ooooh its getting really good, i adore this fic so much. though i cant help but wonder how rin will feel when she realizes who she almost killed.
Draconic chapter 4 . 4/22/2016
It's highly out of character for Sakura to cry. While she seems the type, you have to remember that she's been broken beyond the point of truly feeling regret, whether or not she wants to. She's also the strongest character in the entire nasuverse, from a psychological standing at least.

Bottom line, Sakura never cries. Not until someone saves her, or dies. And even under those circumstances it's doubtful,
Draconic chapter 2 . 4/22/2016
The most useful feedback that I can offer you is that you should stop stating the point of view or the passage of time whenever you transition to a new scene. It interrupts the flow and is often unnecessary. If it is necessary to point out that time has passed, you can just tell the reader through the narrative. It's never necessary to tell the reader who the scene is focusing on either. Trust that your reader will be able to determine which characters are in a scene on their own without stating them outright. You can put their names into the narrative if you want, but don't interrupt the flow of the story to state what can be narrated.

At the end of a scene before a time skip, you can use a phrase like 'over the next three months,' to move the story along.

You're a capable enough writer to do this already. Don't hold yourself back with techniques used by amateurs.
Draconic chapter 1 . 4/22/2016
Well, the thing about Shinji is that he's a bully, but he's far from what anyone would call evil. The kind of story you're writing feels like an excellent study of his character. It'll be interesting to see him working with Shiro and Rin. I expect lots of irritation on both Tohsaka and Shinji's parts.

You're right about Zouken. I insist that Gilgamesh is the biggest asshole in the series, because there is no term, expression, or description in the English language vile enough to capture the filth that is Zouken Matou. He shall suffer in this story for his plethora of crimes, as he has in many others, for his punishment must be endless.
Insert username chapter 3 . 4/4/2016
OMG you made me actually like Shinji as a character! SHINJI MATOU! What magecraft are you using!? Jokes aside, really interesting story. Despite how much I hate hide, it's kind of plausible that he ended up like he did considering his conditions. So I'm glad u changed them
Oruzhiye chapter 11 . 3/30/2016
Okay. I clicked this fic on a whim. Going in I didn't expect much because...Shinji.
But you have done something I didn't even know was possible. You have made a sympathetic character out of Shinji Fucking Matou. I'm actually rooting for Shinji's survival...I don't even know how to feel about that. While he is better as a brother, friend(sometimes), and human being in general, he still has those asshole type qualities that make him Shinji. That right there is some quality writing. And I'm loving it
This must be sooo weird for Archer. For there to be a Shinji that is a semi-decent person that doesn't abuse Sakura and everybody else around him.
I'm also really interested in how the relationship between Shirou and Saber will develop especially with the changes to Shirou.
I loved the fight with Rin. Controlled and elegant under pressure, from her combat style, skill in her thought process. She is a prodigy Magus and it shows.
It was mean of you to end the chapter right when Illya shows up. Wonder how Shinji is going to take it when Shirou tells him about how the Psycho Loli with a Berzerker is his sister.
Poor Shinji. This is just so unfair.
...
Ohmygod I'm never going to get used to feeling bad for Shinji.
Fimbu1vetr chapter 7 . 2/12/2016
Ahaha guessed it was gonna be Lu Bu ever since you mentioned Chinese artifact. Nice!
Mingyu chapter 11 . 2/11/2016
Rin always was the smart one. I guess we get to see this from the Servant side next...it's like two cliffhangers for the price of one!

Thanks for the chapter!