Reviews for Revelation
GalaxieGurl chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
LOVE this captured what I envision happening just perfectly!
mspteach chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
Beautiful, the depth of Booth's devotion as seen through the eyes of the rest of the "family" very nice!
bostonlegalgirl chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
This was beautiful! I wish we saw this play out on our show. I would of loved to see Brennan's family at her bed side...everyone rallying for their linch pin.

I think my favourite part was Hodgins' story about Christine having all the boys (Michael included) wrapped around her little finger...and of course Booth's reflections about Brennan's hands.

Thanks for filling in the missing moments that our fearless leader (Hart Hanson) missed.

bluemuriel chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Wow! This is wonderful. We really needed more scenes like this.

One of my favorite lines: "Booth had never realized how precious her hands were to him until they were the only part of her he felt safe touching continuously."

I like how he trusts her about the surgery to gather evidence, and he seems to admire her committment *to* evidence. I thought, watching the ep, when she told him there was NO risk at all - she totally lied. And he knew that she'd never speak in such absolutes, but she did it to reassure him and somehow it was okay.

Also, Angela's sketches. I'm fascinated. She did close studies of people or objects in the hospital, and Brennan had to work them out like a puzzle. I really like this idea! It's both serious and very sweet of Angela to focus on those drawings and then give them to Brennan. And she had to puzzle them out either because they first appeared abstract, or because she was doped up on medication. :)
ProfeJMarie chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
This is really lovely. I really like how you made the inbetween moments short and quiet. I think I liked the Angela visit best of all - it is what friends are made of. In all of the sections, nothing is overdone or overdramatic and you've captured the best of each of these characters. Nicely written.
stephaniew chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Oh. My. Goodness. I just got time to read this and now I'm sorry I waited! This was just beautiful! The characters and dialogue were so perfect and then the descriptions of what everyone was seeing and thinking...wonderful! Just so very lovely and full of feeling... Thank you so much for writing this!
leshagen chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I will never tire of this episode and your insights just made it that much more special, so thanks :D
the dud pistachio chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
This is such a sweet, sweet companion to this week's episode! I love how when Brennan drifts in and out of sleep she gains new perspectives of Angela's drawings-it seemed to me like a reflection of the insight Brennan gains from the "other place" she visits. And I totally picture the drawing of Booth in my mind (and wish I can have a copy)!

Brennan's hands. This part of your story in which Booth holds her hand is so sincere and heartfelt. Handholding is such an intimate act, a simple gesture really, that's so beautiful in its genuity (I've always thought "I Want to Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles as one of the greatest love songs). Hands also have this magnetism to them, this almost mystic quality since they do so much and yet they're not the largest part of your body, and I admire how you capture this quality of them here.

Finally, these last few words from the perspective on an outsider looking in was absolutely beautiful! (Like the hands) Brennan and Booth have always had this magnetism in each of them that's stronger when they're together and it's something like a miracle to be able to witness them and their profound and selfless love they have for one another. The last words of them being "a reminder and a revelation" is a breath of fresh air, it's a new perspective, and it stays with you-an echo of truth. So thank you for the remarkable read! :)
casket4mytears chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Oh so lovely and delicate, quietly observing... like Angela... You've done an excellent job in being a fly on the wall with this...
Fluffybird chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Nice insights into the episode.
EverythingEventually chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Lovely! I was hoping for a little more in those hospital scenes and you provided it.
SammieAtHome chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Such "simple" moments that can mean so much. I specially loved the last part like someone is watching them from outside, reading into their interaction.
Bailey80 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
That was simply lovely. Beautiful.
Covalent Bond chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
I'm sure everyone is sighing about the loveliness in this little sketch of friendship.

Angela shows her love through the little drawings, but even better, by asking Brennan to talk about the happier memories of her childhood. It's just such perfect, loving generosity that really reflects the way I see them interact. They've always had a give and take relationship.

I also appreciated the unspoken information exchange between Brennan and Hodgins, that he knows she will be bored (eventually, when she's better) and takes care of that for her, as well as giving her news about Christine. There again, it's just beautiful and understated that he knows what she needs.

If I could think of anything that's missing, it would be Cam and Caroline visiting. As is, though, it's still just perfectly inspiring and lovely.
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Well-written and believably characterized.