Reviews for A Different Legend
Firediva0 chapter 20 . 8/20
(WARNING: SPOILERS)

Note: Why do I feel like FF is gonna mess with my formatting?

So, instead of breaking it down like I normally do, this will be more linear and in-tune with my thoughts. Bear with me and tell me, if something doesn’t make sense.
In the beginning, I was mildly amused. Like, I’d laugh, but it wasn’t what you normally manage to wring out of me. It’d be flat, almost. A passing fancy, if you will. Had I not come into this, fully intending to give you my honest opinion, I probably would have put it right back down. That is, until I reached the twelfth chapter. I feel like things really started to change there. The story lessened its humorous attempts, and instead focused more on plot development. That infused with the occasional humor managed to completely fuck with my emotions. I’d go from laughing so fucking hard my chest hurt, to crying so profusely I thought I was on my period. It was like whiplash, and it was so freaking good!
I already mentioned this, but your story really had a lovely effect on me. I don’t know, if it’s because I felt more in-tune with you somehow, or if it was because the words flowed so fluidly that they calmed me without my consent. I just know, I went from pacing around my room in anger to curling in bed, my phone held loosely in my fingertips, as I read the story with a serene smile. It was nice.
Back to the story, though. I was seriously trying to decide whether I wanted to hug you or kill you for the twist with Yuna. When you had the flashback of Naruto killing her, I wanted to cry so freaking hard. I couldn’t believe that he lost her that way, and it really did fuck with me. You managed to patch it up, though, with the fight scene – namely, the one between Naruto and Yugito. Like, if I was a man, I’d have a boner. It was so intense and hot, and the diction was so spot on! I did discover one thing, though: I totally have a thing for fight scenes – especially ones featuring a certain sexy, boy. Like, sign me up, please!
On a more serious tangent, I did want to address some of the flames you received. I do understand where some of them were coming from. At times, I did doubt some of the decisions you made. However, as the story progressed, I loved you for each one. They began to make sense. To see the purpose, we just needed to be patient, and it kind of grates on my nerves that they didn’t give that to you. Yes, I may totally be going all protective mother hen here, but still. Give me some boxing gloves and let me fight a bitch.
Anyways, I want to pay close attention to Kurama and Naruto’s relationship. It didn’t play a heavy role here – or so it seemed. Strangely, I was okay with that. You rolled out different characters, the likes of which, I came to love. Hell, you made me like Sakura – fucking SAKURA – and I hated that bitch in the anime. Well, the first-half of the first season, haha. Each of them had a nice level of development, though they could have always endured more, and managed to stimulate my thinking. I began to question things, my synapses working to piece shit together. Of course, I’m not Naruto, so I wasn’t even close, but the sentiment is still there. You made me think – something some teachers haven’t even been able to do, lmfao.
If I must give a negative aspect, it’d definitely focus on the first 1-7 chapters. They were seemingly messy (although, later came to make sense). Nonetheless, I feel like they weren’t written to their truest potential. I could see your growth as a writer as time progressed, namely, because my interest in the story grew. I went from being alright with it to loving it in the span of a couple chapters.
In the end, the twist killed me. Like, that was some master mind-fuckery, right there. As Naruto said, “You raped my mind.” Like, damn. At least, ask for permission, first! I loved it, though. This story was a ride – one that I didn’t mind being on. Thanks for the lovely read!
Firediva0 chapter 1 . 8/19
While this isn't as good as Legends (that's my baby, tbvfh), it's really good in its own right. Although, I do want to suggest line breaks. They help separate the different parts and eliminate reader confusion. Other than that, this chapter was good!

Krissy
Can't sorry, peace
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 20 . 8/2
huh, interesting
My Flawed Hope chapter 1 . 7/24
This story for me has been such a really . . . complicated experience . . . at best. Your writing is amazing, ideas through me for a loop all the time, things came from everywhere and no where and I fell in love with the characters. I hope you keep writing for years to come and that in the future I can be fortunate enough to see your writing. As a writer myself this is one of those stories that I view as a marker. A point I hope to one day reach. Thank you.
Aamir khan's dialog from naruto ! Hilarious :D
MathManiac chapter 1 . 7/4
yeah love the 3 idiots part
Emerald Time chapter 2 . 6/22
Sarutobi's gonna have a fit, all his best ninja somehow turn out to be lazy, perverted, apathetic, anti-social bastards! Ooh! This is gonna be good! I can't wait until people start finding out that Naruto sent a clone to the academy.
CaZWes chapter 20 . 6/18
LOL , one big troll you are (:)), chapter 20 , geez , but I'm excited to see where you take this , keep up the good work \_( )_/
SpriteBlue chapter 20 . 6/18
Wtf you are an asshole! Resetting it and leaving it all behind. Nooooooooo T_T

Tbh it was entertaining, though some of it I skimmed. Sorry!
SpriteBlue chapter 19 . 6/18
Your friends with that guy? Niiiiice
SpriteBlue chapter 13 . 6/18
Woops. So not the rinnegan... Yet? Sharingan! Wooooo! Im so hyped.
SpriteBlue chapter 11 . 6/18
Too bad for Naruto's eye then. I understand why... But Sasuke's getting off without any disfigurement? Cut off an apendage for me, will you? Before he dies because of a falling boulder and gives his remaining, non-crushed eye to his teammate. Hahahaha
SpriteBlue chapter 5 . 6/18
Mystery afoot! I'm sincerely hoping that he just needs the key tbh. Because he's going to be fucked without an uber powered something like all the others.
SpriteBlue chapter 4 . 6/18
Yes, I am upset. Why can't assholes be assholes to girls? Ugh. I sincerely hope there's no pairings...

Other than that, this is story is great. Its angst free and you're taking it seriously, and the characters are kind of believable and not just crack induced caricatures.
1,387 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »