Reviews for The Last Confession of Eugene Fitzherbert
SharKohen chapter 1 . 3/29
I had wondered for a while what would happen if Eugene didn't make the decision to cut Rapunzel's hair right there and then, and whoa... You have thought it out well, and made it super super sad. Make me glad that Disney only does happy endings.
Tete93 chapter 1 . 1/5
Congratulations, you just broke my heart.
Seriously, this was beautiful, well written and utterly sad. I actually cried when Rapunzel died.
This is the best tangled fic I've ever read.
Kudos!
Tete
PS: I apologize for my english, I'm not a native speaker.
Kaotic I. Deas chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Sadly, but nicely written twist.
PureCreativity chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
This is such a touching story. Sob. Hurts to read.
oursolemnhour49 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
That was intense, but it felt right. All of this feels definitely possible if Rapunzel healing him had played out, just because pretty much the only good outcome that could have come at that point was what the film showed. I loved that this was presented as a historical document, as well- you could probably build a whole modern Coronan culture from what's been mentioned here. There were so many details that rang true in this story- from Gothel drugging Rapunzel to Eugene lying at the end for her. It was pretty tough to read, but it was very well done.
Doctor-Rapunzel-Charming chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
That was so beautiful! I'm crying and it won't stop.
Lainey Alice chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
That was amazing. GOOD JOB.
CatBru chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
I honestly don't know how I feel about this story.

It was so well written. It's one of those I will probably remember, years from now, and it will send me in the same fit of dread I felt reading it the first time around. It's so eerie, and now that I have read this, I feel it is a very plausible alternate ending. And I think that's what makes this so chilling for me.

However, whether or not I love or hate it isn't the issue, or why I'm writing this review. I'm writing it because it's beautiful. Not in the traditional sense of rainbows and happy endings. This story is a tiger. You know, how he carefully stalks its prey, then attacks, then toys with his food, giving the food the hope of escape before devouring it then licking his paws in satisfaction. Yeah, that kind of beauty.

(No, seriously, I wasn't being sarcastic!)

So yeah, it's 4am and that likely made NO sense, but.

Wow.

Now I need to go find something fluffy to watch. Like a horror movie where everyone dies at the end.
KindHeartedWriter chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
This was AWESOME!
So sweet, yet sad...
Note to self: Read your loveky fanfics when I have writers' block. :)
DaFilipinaGal chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
That was amazing. I'm too speechless. I can't even say anything else. It was just. Amazing!
The-Shepherd's-Daughter chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I haven't returned to Tangled fanfiction in a long time, but reading this is a fitting way to start. What I mean by that is: You have created something so different and original, something that though it isn't fluffy and full of happy thoughts is a different look at the "what-if" so many others have thought and written about. I have read several fics that center on the "what-if" of Rapunzel leaving with Gothel instead of Eugene ending her bondage in exchange for his life. They all seem the same to me. But you have made it more realistic, and though that reality isn't very appealing, it cements Eugene's love for Rapunzel even more so.

I have to say, what first got me interested in reading this was, oddly enough, your cover photo. I applaud you on your photoshop skills! But, that has nothing to do with the story itself. :)

I wouldn't lie to you and say this story made me feel good, because it didn't. It is rather dark and angst-y, but you handled that well. You gave the reader bite-size portions at the right times, making it easier to swallow. You didn't dump the entirety of the emotions down at the same time, which would have probably been too much for most. I have to admit, Gothel's demise was a bit much for me, but that is a personal preference and, when you think about it, she really did have it coming...

You did an excellent job with the emotional side of the story, and I'm sure I'm not the first to say you had my attention from the first word, and my heart from the first sentence! I also would like to mention the way you made this whole thing sound like an official document from the Coronan government of the here and now was a very original and eye-catching idea. That got my attention more than anything!

All in all, though very sad, it did have a feeling of finality and closure at the end. I was sad but still felt satisfied. You did a wonderful job, and I congradulate you on your talent!

Sincerely,
-Kitty

P.S. One thing I would like to mention is your use of explicit language in this fic. I understand that in reality words like that would be used, but this isn't reality, and I would like to bring to your attention the fact that due to the character subjects of this fic, younger eyes may be reading. It is up to you in the end, and I only mention it because I would not want my children to be reading such language. Just a personal mention I felt convicted to bring up. Hope there is no offense taken!
Sheikahh chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
You're so cruel. So so cruel. But it's so beautiful I was left speechless, probably because I was sobbing, but that's okay because I didn't need my heart or the millions of pieces it was broken into
Guest123 chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
A bit depressing, but I like it. Sort of a happy ending, but not the classic one you expect. Nice job. :) And I'm such a dork... I actually looked up that website. :D :P LOL
Senshi-of-Love chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
That was amazing. Beautiful.
Poemwriter98 chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
This was a great story. Really sad, but beautiful. I love it.