Reviews for To Catch a Ghost
truephan chapter 35 . 7/28/2014
Aha, MsFrizzle and wonderful new chapter! I love this whole story about ghost hunting! And I thought this chapter had some zingers of some lines. I love the last line especially.

Great job!

truephan chapter 34 . 7/6/2014
MsFrizzle:

Another wonderful chapter! I hardly see a 'Danny/Jazz' only chapter, so this was a treat! I think you did a very good job of capturing that wonderful brother/sister bond and banter even when their conversation was all but 'typical' give the subject matter!

My fav section was the one where Danny was grunting and Jazz was trying to get him to say a word and then 'counted' the grunt as sort of a word! Very much a sis thing to do!

Finally, as always, Jazz and Danny always end up with some kind of understanding, and this chapter was no exception to that!

Good job and hope you'll update soon. I also hope you had a great 4th of July! Ours was wonderful!

Kiwi Lee Scipio chapter 32 . 7/1/2014
Hey, I finally got to reading this and I really like how you made the couple. They seem a bit like Jehovah witnesses (the shove their religion down your throat, go door to door, I speak french so they don't talk to me, type of people). I don't see this as anything that could come off as offensive (but than again it takes a lot to try and offend me). It's something that even in the new testament times people thought that if a child was blind it was cause the parents sinned. Stupid, but that's what they thought and labeled that as fact.
truephan chapter 33 . 6/18/2014
Loved this chapter and it was well done, especially the amusing ending. My favorite part was when Maddie told Danny that Tucker used the foam solvent for his cologne! I LOL on that one!

I loved the conversation among the three. It seemed perfectly natural given the fact that the subject matter was unnatural! XD

Hope you can update whether sooner or later!

truephan chapter 32 . 5/2/2014
MsFizzle: Even though I'm delighted that you've updated, I was a bit confused at the first part until I read the last chapter to get why Danny said what he said.

Still, it's always fun to see Danny and Skulker bicker. I absolutely think they would be excellent allies!

Nice drabble!

truephan chapter 31 . 3/10/2014
MsFrizzle:

I'm glad to see that you've updated...Interesting piece, which took me by surprise. I didn't expect such a progressive waver away from the theme of 'trying to capture a very elusive ghost'.

Though I always love sidetrack adventures as far as explaining stuff about the Ghost Zone, ghost nature and/or character development, this chapter seemed to be an odd fit into what was once a whimsical and fun chase story.
HappyLeif chapter 7 . 10/23/2013
Okay this is so simple and yet so hilarious. I loved this particular chapter especially - not many people get the character of Jack so spot on.
Fluehatraya chapter 30 . 7/17/2013
The ghost has finally been caught. Makes me wonder if he will remain that way, though, considering how slippery he has proven to be.

Mr. Dross and his ilk are such scummy-seeming individuals.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 27 . 7/17/2013
*shudders* I knew something was off when he actually called "the citizens [for being] stupidly naive".
wendysantamaria63 chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Did you no ghosts are not real they are just bad spirits
truephan chapter 30 . 7/17/2013
Well, hello, MsFrizzle:

I'm so glad you had a chance to update this story! I'm really enjoying it. And I hope that Skulker and Danny's cooperative effort has finally paid off! They sure have had a time catching this particular ghost-or is this ghost that they may have caught THE particular ghost?

Speaking of that particular ghost, will being able to evade capture be his only other power other than what regular ghosts have? Just wondering.

Now, about the dynamics of the chapter: you could use a little more punctuation in some of those long sentences; and the transition between the second and third drabble groups was a bit shaky. I know that drabbles don't have to have transitional sentences, but the rest of the chapter had those kinds of transitional sentences or transitional dialog between each drabble group. The reason why I bring up the second and third drabble groups in particular is because you have Danny and Skulker on the roof, then they float down to the alley, and then all of the sudden they're on the second floor (?) of the haunted house.

Overall, however, I'm thoroughly enjoying this story! I hope you get to update soon!

Fluehatraya chapter 29 . 6/26/2013
Oh, this was hilarious, I'm liking this Skulker. That, and he raises many valid points.
truephan chapter 29 . 6/26/2013
Ms. Frizzle: Another entertaining chapter. Looks like Skulker came out on top since he was in control of the entire conversation. He certainly was very patient amidst Danny's obvious peevishness! Let's hope Danny will calm down enough to help Skulker catch the ghost!

Good job!

truephan chapter 28 . 5/25/2013
Nice chapter, though I think that Bugs Bunny originated the "this means war" saying. Daffy might have mimicked later (though I can't remember in which episode, so I doubt it), but Bugs originated it in cartoons and was what made the catch line famous, NOT Daffy. In fact, I quote from a source (google tv tropes (one word) or wikipedia) Bugs' famous 'catch phrases:

Catch Phrase:
"What's up, Doc?"
"Of course you realize, This Means War!"
"I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque..."
"What's cooking?"
"Ain't I a stinka?"
"What a maroon."

In fact, an interesting note along that line, Bugs was actually honoring the Marx Brothers with the 'this means war' catch phrase. The Marx Brothers originated that catch phrase in 'Duck Soup' and 'A Night of the Opera'. I never was a big fan of the Marx Brothers, but I am very fond of Bugs Bunny. In fact, sorry to be so picky, but Bugs Bunny was my original most-loved cartoon character and he still holds a special-and dear-place in my heart. So, I want him given the respect (and credit) he deserves! Heh-heh. Just kidding! *laughing* Also, my favorite cartoons about Bugs DO have Daffy in them because I love their banter and Daffy's obviously over-the-top competition with Bugs (who could care less).

Now here are Daffy Duck's famous catch phrases:
Catch Phrase:
"You're desthpicable!"
"Woo hoo-hoo-HOO-hoo-hoo!" (while bouncing around like a maniac) *
"Duck Dodgers in the 24th Century!"
"Sufferin' succotash!" (pronounced "Thufferin' thuccotash!") quite often in earlier shorts, before it was given to the similarly-voiced Sylvester the cat.
"Mother!" (when something really bad is about to happen to him)
"What a revolting development this is!"

As you can see, according to that 'authority', Daffy is not famous for the 'this means war' catch phrase.

Finally, I love your patriotic tribute at the end. It is very appropriate since it is Memorial Day weekend. Kudos!

In any case, I still love this story and can't WAIT for an update. I want Danny to catch THAT GHOST!

Leonardo DiCaprio chapter 3 . 5/24/2013