Reviews for This Is How We Tried To Love
keepcalmnstfu chapter 3 . 8/25
This was such a great read! My ideal season 4 in every sense of the word. I love that it was more realistic in the sense that Rachel has a hard time coming to terms with her sexuality despite having gay dads, and that Quinn agrees to have a friendship and to protect her heart from her feelings- that is, until Rachel comes clean. This was so amazing.
fabrayctrl chapter 3 . 7/25
I’m absolutely speechless over this story. The way you dealt with Rachel’s gay panic was so spot on like it could’ve been used in the show I can definitely see all that bc it makes so much sense. Thank you so much
Karol chapter 3 . 5/24
you did a really great job! the story is amazing, thank you so much for sharing. xoxo from Brazil :)
Dr-Tan chapter 3 . 11/4/2019
Seriously one of my favourites. I love that she was the one to struggle with her feelings, not Quinn like we always see. Love this.
MazokuRanma chapter 3 . 8/31/2018
Amazing story. This felt entirely believable in terms of Rachel being the one experiencing the gay panic. I would definitely say you achieved your goal, and the end is an appropriate mix of moving and painful and satisfying.
KalenCaelli chapter 3 . 5/11/2018
You really did this justice.
KalenCaelli chapter 2 . 5/11/2018
This is heartbreaking.
KalenCaelli chapter 1 . 5/11/2018
That wad just hot. I love that outsider’s perspective on Rachel’s and Kurt’s life in NYC
WonderousPlaceForAnEcho chapter 3 . 12/28/2017
Quinn nods slowly, licking her lips as she drops her hand away from Rachel. "And if you're with a guy, you get to have that," she finally realizes. "Acceptance."

Well, that sounds even worse when Quinn says it, Rachel thinks gloomily. "I know it's not any kind of excuse for...for how I've been acting."

That part was good. I'm still a bit shocked you made a point (2 times to say they didn't really have sex and there was kt penetration. 1st time was in parenthesis and although sex and experience is subjective and what people consider sex is personal it's very possible to have sex w out penetration and have orgasms. Which you note that had and it seemed very odd.)

Quinn basically saying never stop wrapping your arms around me made me think wow Quinn would not say that but to each their own.

The main issue I have w ch 2 is how Quinn would keep kissing Rachel while she's drunk. Being that Quinn is clearly a feminist AND her 1st time involved being tipsy/drunk and getting pregnant and really having a lot of her innocence being taken away I really don't think she would keep kissing Rachel.

Rachel and Kurt's interactions were very much in character.
WonderousPlaceForAnEcho chapter 2 . 12/28/2017
1st chapter was great and realistic. 2nd chapter to me felt very out of character for Quinn. Specifically: Then I come here and see you, and you twist the knife into my heart all over again.
That line was too dramatic, too earnest, I don't think Quinn would ever say that. But I'm biased and I don't write Quinn in that dramatic fashion.

I like the slow development at least and denial Rachel has. That's realistic in the sense she couldn't believe Quinn would be romantically interested in her and she'd feel it was a prank.
Emilio Millo chapter 3 . 12/4/2017
Well done again! There's no way I don't love all the Faberry stories, and most this one, was completely amazing! Congratulations getting on point with the characters. Well done.
A.I.Quint chapter 3 . 5/16/2017
Wow, great story. You are a great writer.
jcaps chapter 3 . 6/5/2016
This was wonderful.
Dily chapter 3 . 2/21/2016
This has GOT to be one of the best fanfics I've ever read. Everything is so spot on... Thank you so much for sharing with us this story.:)
TooLazy2LogIn chapter 3 . 9/21/2015
hellooo! i absolutely love your stories and this one certainly didn't dissapoint. keep up the amazing work