Reviews for Fairytales
The Nameless Avox chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
"And now we honour our third Quarter Quell" Snow said as the little girl hurried up to him with the plain wooden box.

This sentence needs a comma at the end of the quote; other than that, it's good. I think Snow was very much in-character here. The second to last sentence is very good.
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
Thanks for putting this up, it's nice to see how many points I have.

'Gasps went around the table; Randomdancer64 had 85 sponsor points and the games hadn't even begun, it was virtually unheard of!' Nice use of the semi-colon. Most authors don't know how to use it. However, there is one thing that needs fixing with these sentences: '' It's grammatically incorrect to put two sentences together without either a semi-colon, or a conjunction (and, but, or) a comma. So that sentence needs to be two sentences: 'Randomdancer64 had 85 sponsor points and the games hadn't even begun! It was virtually unheard of!' Does that make sense?

Thanks for including some story, even though this was just a list. It makes it so much more interesting!
meme communism chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I'm a bit confused, if I get this right I have around 50 points. Can you help me with this please? Anyways, thank you for accepting them (Think I already said this in the last PM I sent you.) Cannot wait for the games to start!
ChocolateCupcakes1 chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
Thank you so much for accepting my tribute! This is the first SYOT fanfic I've done, so I'm new to it! I'm wondering if you could tell me how many sponser points I've got?
And how do I sponser a tribute?
Can I sponser my own tribute?

Thank you so much, I can't wait until you start writing! I'm loving your story so far, you're so good at writing! :D
Tabsthecat chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
I'm confused with the sponsor system, can you help me out? I submitted 3 tributes (3x1545). I submitted 1 bloodbath tribute (20 points, Samantha Gorge), is that an added 20 points or do I get 20 points overall for Samantha? So then I'm either on 50 (151520) or 65 (15151520). Then I submitted 1 tribute (Mandy Pontel) to one of the less popular districts (district 3, which is an extra 10 points), so I am on either 60 points or 75 points. Is this correct, and if not could you please tell me why and exactly what my 50 points were for (by PM or by replying to this review). Sorry for that, anyway THANK YOU so much for starting the story, I can't wait. In the arena, will it be like from the view of every tribute per hour, or just the exciting point of views? Sorry for so many questions, but I can't wait for you to start writing this quarter quell! Hope to hear from you soon, Tabsthecat!
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 3 . 2/20/2013
Yay! Thanks again for accepting Farrin, and jiggering things around so he could be in D9. D2 guy has a cool last name... D9 guy has a cool name. ;P D11 guy has cool first name. Ohhh. The poor D10 girl! Only four! And she's not a bloodbather?

Anyway, just thought I'd review this chapter to up your review count, if nothing else. :)
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Nice imagery, saying the screens burst to life. Also, nice description of the envelops. Details like that make the story come alive. And I like the contrast between the districts' reaction and the capitol's reaction.

The last two lines were a perfect ending for this chapter. Nice work!

Just one thing though: When you have a sentence in quotes, Example: 'An ant has no quarrel with a boot." "Are you going to squish us?" Avengers. You still need to have normal punctuation in the sentence. Character's lines still need periods and question mark and exclamation points. Here's one of your sentences: "On the fiftieth anniversary, as a reminder that two rebels died for each Capitol citizen, every district was required to send in twice as many tributes" Needs to have a period at the end. :) And when you have sentences like this: "And now we honour our third Quarter Quell (comma)" Snow said (comma) as the little girl hurried up to him with the plain wooden box." That's common mistake, and it took me awhile to figure it out too, so no worries. Just though I'd point that out. :)
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 4 . 2/20/2013
'Hammer? HAMMER!?'
*mumbles* 'Yeah, we can tell you're hammered.' Quote from Thor. Seriously though, why hammers? :)

Thanks for putting this up, looks good. Nicely organized and thought out.

One question: When you say submitting to a less popular district gets you 10 points, you do mean in addition to the pints we get for submitting a tribute, right? So I would have 25 points right now? Thanks! Other than that, it's clear, though.

Mihi
ViveLaChaos chapter 4 . 2/19/2013
I don't know if this is healthy, keeping checking this list and waiting to see if you have started. I'm probably going to go insane if its not posted. This is epic.
ChocolateCupcakes1 chapter 4 . 2/19/2013
Submited district 11 boy! Your announcement was really good and I can't wait till you write the reapings, interviews and what-nots :) I love the idea of having really young children in it because I think some of the other older tributes would feel the need to protect them (or that's how I picture it)
Hope you accept my tribute and update soon :D
DELETEDACCOUNT143577883589 chapter 4 . 2/18/2013
I am so excited! I have not stopped checking the tribute list since... since I submitted Scarlett. Everyone hurry up and submit your tributes! Gaaaaah! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.
meme communism chapter 3 . 2/18/2013
Awesome! Jay already has a partner! But poor little girl, five years old! Jesse Isiah Tanner, you better protect her!
Tabsthecat chapter 3 . 2/18/2013
I can't wait and thank you so much for using my tributes!
Shelby Mattos chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
Man, that is AWESOME! I was sitting on the edge of my chair (literally, I fell off) !
DELETEDACCOUNT143577883589 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Sooo excited! I have my money on Kila (Pronounced Ky-la)
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »