Reviews for Mentor
RealFiction chapter 23 . 5/3/2014
I first thought this would be the chapter where the games would end, but I think we're very close to the end. Very exciting chapter with much action capturing Alec's fears very well. :)
RealFiction chapter 21 . 5/3/2014
Poor Vincent, but it was predictable that he would die first of them three as he doesn't have a career's mindset. Still I liked him and it's sad that they betrayed him.
mangesboy01 chapter 22 . 5/3/2014
So, I'm attempting to catch up once again. :)

First things first, the chapter was pretty intense, as Alec is in and out of danger with the collapsing of the caves. Another highlight I enjoyed in this chapter was Alec's rationalization about killing Vincent. He claims Vincent was just a victim of the situation more than he was a victim of the two brutes. But I disagree with Alec there. Usually when you do something wrong, as in backstabbing someone, you attempt to rationalize it with those type of thoughts (blaming the situation, circumstances, instead of the people who chose to react in that said "situation"), and I like that Alec does that. It's believable, no doubt.

Briefly, we see that Alec did somewhat respect Vincent, which I liked. Oh, and he admitted to betraying him, which only adds to the rationalization I was speaking of before.

Maybe Rebecca is one to watch out for, too. She seems pretty calculating and witty. Though, like Katniss said, the weak get weeded out early. And now (well, at this point), I don't think any weaklings are left. Everyone who is alive has proven they have what it takes to win.

A few pieces of constructive criticism:
"Either he was further ahead of me than I thought he was when the cave-ins happened or he was taken a completely different way to me by the collapsing tunnels." This sentence doesn't make sense to me. Do you mean "than" instead of "to"?
I noticed a few careless mistakes too, such as using "I" instead of "It" , and using "to" and "the" instead of "that" or "than", so make sure to watch out for those sort of errors in future chapters.

Overall, this chapter was one of my favorites in terms of writing. I really enjoyed the flow and pacing it had. Plus, I loved the internal/moral conflict Alec went through even if it was brief.

Happy Writing!
Cheive chapter 24 . 5/2/2014
No alec :'(
he was so close dammit
Mercoorio chapter 24 . 5/1/2014
The moment we've been waiting for!

Lets take a look to the 67th Victor! (To the? Of the? I'm not sure which one is correct. Sorry)
Vykktor chapter 24 . 5/1/2014
Well, color me annoyed. Another darn cliffhanger! ...Whatever. I'm... pleased with the outcome. I like Alec. I'm glad to see him win. Not what I'd have written (The boy from Five would've been the Victor), but nevertheless, I enjoyed it, just as I always have.
stygian-apocalypse chapter 23 . 4/30/2014
Wow this is getting intense! I really don't know whether Gabriel or Alec will win. I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :)
Ways chapter 23 . 4/29/2014
What an epic battle! I hate that the Gamemakers only used the feast as bait. Although it's understandable, it's still... The boy from 5 dying wasn't very surprising and I can't wait to see what happens next! Somehow I feel like whatever Rebecca grabbed will be a key component towards the conclusion of the games.
Vykktor chapter 23 . 4/29/2014
Darn it all, that's what I said not to do! I wanted to know more about this kid before you killed him off! Ugh, whatever. Fun to read, as always.
Ways chapter 20 . 4/29/2014
Really enjoyed this chapter. I absolutely loved Ludo getting interviewed again, it was nice to see the thought process as well as his responses to some of the questions. I really enjoyed how cautious you made him.
As for the future of this story? I think you should do two more stories for the sake of character development. I feel like that'll be the best bet.
mangesboy01 chapter 21 . 4/29/2014
So, I'm attempting to stay caught up with your updates.

For starters, this chapter was pretty intense. I mean, we have the encounter with the boy from District 3, who I thought was a goner. Congrats on the plot twist there.

So, I wasn't expecting the disband to escalade so quickly. I get Vincent lied and kind of choked when it came to killing the bow from 3. But honestly, I wasn't expecting him to get decimated by both Alec and Gabriel. Oddly, I'm disappointed in Alec. Sure, I knew that Vincent would die next. However, I thought it would be by just Gabriel who would kill him, as I sensed something between Alec and Vincent. That said, I know there can only be one winner , and that Alec is here to win, not make friends. But I'd be lying if I said I saw this betrayal coming. Still, I commend you for the surprises in this chapter. All in all, great death scene and cliff hanger! I look forward to Chapter 22!
Vykktor chapter 22 . 4/28/2014
I'm sort of glad that Rebecca didn't die at that confrontation with Alec there. I want to see more from her. I want to see more from her and the boy from District Five. I want to know something about this guy before he dies (Because of course he's going to).
RealFiction chapter 20 . 4/28/2014
It's good to see a chapter with less action before the showdown:) This interview thing seemed pretty realistic, I wonder why Gabriel has higher betting odds than Alec. Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to continue with Annie's games as they lay between the quarter quell and these ones and of course Ludo and Finnick would know their tributes personally, the experience is very different :) looking forward to that
Vykktor chapter 21 . 4/27/2014
Well that's too bad. I was sort of hoping to see Vincent get farther than this. But, that's how things work I guess. Once again, nice twist right at the end. I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens to Alec in the near future.
stygian-apocalypse chapter 21 . 4/27/2014
Holy. Cliffhanger. This was a brilliant chapter! I never really thought that Alec would end up killing or helping to kill Vincent D:
111 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »