Reviews for Beautiful
Guest chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
These stories are great!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Wow! This is really a pretty good story and a good read. In a short text you give a very interesting version of House. I particularly like the "Because he let him. Nothing like giving someone the illusion they really know you by letting them get a little controlled glimpse of the real you every now and again".

And I like the connection that you made bettween the song and the bike. It seems obvious after reading your story but I never thought of that before.

Well done :)
Visitkarte chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
...and me! But the version the kid was singing is also brilliant.

Way to go! I love how you "own" House's mind. It's beautiful.
GratefulInsomniac chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
My favorite line in this fic, "Hope was for sissies. And people actually believed him when he said that. He had gotten that good at being House that people actually believed him."

Such a great capture of the complexities of House, that outward protective barrier that covers him so well in so few words..."being House." Fantastic.

I enjoy the way i feel the internal dialogue (which definitely FEELS like him) but the story retains such a flowing narrative quality.

The final line, i can actually see him thinking that, for me, that's always such a sign of in-characterness, if i can see or hear it like i'm watching it. Thanks for this great story!
crazymadjo chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Aww, ha-ha! Wasn't sure where you were going with this, but the final line just brought it together so well. Gave me goosebumps. Well done!
Brighid45 chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Welcome to writerhood! And the House fandom is a great place to begin :)

This is excellent. I love how you get into his head, how you catch that wavering balance between hope and despair. My favorite line: 'Nothing like giving someone the illusion they really know you by letting them get a little controlled glimpse of the real you every now and again.' That is pure House, and so, so IC!

I also love how you have him looking at the bike as a cold beauty-also very IC, and exactly right for his mood in this episode (one of my all-time favorites).

Fantastic fic! Well done and looking forward to more! :D
OldSFfan chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Fine short short story.
stathies chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Had no idea you wrote fics. This is spot on. You caught the speech patterns perfectly. Great job. Just looking around for more and can't seem to find any. :(
maineac chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
"Beautiful" first fic! It fills in a needed canon hole-just what exactly happened after that touching moment between House and Andie. When the "master deflector was out of deflections." And the revelation that he still had hope (that thing for sissies!)

I also love the thought of House on the bus! And the way you use "she" to describe the bike-it takes the reader a moment to realize "who" House is talking about.

I hope more is coming from you!
Raylenth chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Lovely piece, thanks for posting it.
ViolettBlack chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
This is just beautiful!
You filled the gap between Andie's departure out of the PPTH and House arriving at the bike store perfectly fine!
Thank you for writing and sharing this lovely story!
Yours GabbyG77
Guest chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Nicely done, I enjoyed hearing House's thoughts.