Reviews for Tony Stark's Island of Misfit Toys
GhostDog401 chapter 20 . 4/7
I just reread this whole story and while I know you haven't updated since last year I hope that you do soon because this story is fantastic :)
senpen banka chapter 20 . 6/30/2014
Awesome story! Can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 20 . 5/7/2014
I am actually so in love with how this worked out like I could so see myself loving the movie had it went this way its so much more intriguing actually... kudos for you girl! And your amazing writing skills! SERIOUS NEED OF AN UPDATE THOUGH!
Baow chapter 20 . 5/4/2014
Haha. Finders keepers Thor. Obviously Asgard can't keep track of their stuff. And since the enemy of my enemy blah blah blah. Why don't you help us deal with YOUR brother who's looking to cause damage in OUR realm AGAIN. Oh and why is it that Asgard is taking a shit on Earth then leaving us to clean it up? Latrines filled to to brim up there pal?
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 20 . 4/20/2014
Interesting job you have here, to say the east.
The opening created a fascinating analysis of Tony’s life after Vanko’s attack in this world, forcing him to face his fundamental powerlessness to control his own technology and his frustration at the direction his life has taken before bringing him in contact with the rest of the Avengers, each step to put him in touch with the first few members of the team being perfectly plausible without the need to introduce a major crisis.
The shift as Vanko escapes also makes sense, SHIELD naturally willing to bend government regulations when they recognise where their superiors are making mistakes- they might not take it as far as Pierce believed they should, but they do recognise the line between obeying orders and stupidly obeying orders- giving Tony the chance to get back to his roots and redesign his armour while the future Avengers continue to congregate around him for so many practical reasons; he might not like it, but Tony’s reputation and resources make him the ideal candidate to house the team independently.
The introduction of Captain America was a slight surprise- mainly regarding your choice of Black Widow to replace the agent originally assigned to ‘ease him into it’- but it unfortunately also marks where the story starts to feel a bit weak; Tony’s reasons for wanting Steve to work for him rather than SHIELD just seems like a bit of an excessive level of interest for someone he’s only met twice whose presence would potentially remind Tony of both the father who was never there for him and one of the things Howard valued more than Tony (Just because he heard that message when creating the new element doesn’t mean it overrides the perceived lifetime of neglect), particularly when it doesn’t fit Tony’s usual impulsive attitude (He might make rash decisions on a personal level but he always seems to think seriously about business matters)…
Still, his opposition to the Tesseract makes sense- if spending time with Bruce Banner doesn’t reinforce the idea that there are some things man shouldn’t try and utilise, nothing will- and the subsequent events as the unofficial ‘Team Tony’ confronts Fury about it are certainly amusing, while Thor’s arrival on the scene raises some interesting possibilities for the future.
All in all, so long as you have Rogers establish himself as the leader when they have to actually act as the Avengers rather than a gang of people drawn together around Tony, this has definite potential…
silent song of shadows chapter 20 . 4/11/2014
I doubt any of them will try to stop him :) Looking forward to your next update,

Shadow
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 20 . 3/29/2014
Huzzah!

I like what you've done with the place. A very nicely manipulated AU. I hope you recover the inclination and regain some time to continue your work on this one!
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 6 . 3/27/2014
Y'know, I'm really enjoying this fic of yours as well. Yes, I know it's on hiatus; I just like your fics (and the way you do Tony and Bruce interactions) that much.

If my reviews bring you out of hiding, I will have done the world (or at least a part of the fanfic community) a great service!
sharonpijl chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
I really like the story and i hope to read more soon! :)
Oriana8 chapter 20 . 1/25/2014
I love this story. It's taken me a couple of hours on a couple of days (during a couple of snowstorms), but I have read the entire thing and enjoyed every minute second of it! Your take on how the team forms is creative, humorous, and just kisses cannon good-bye in a way that makes my brain beg for more. I love all of them! And truly, if you have Thor move into the Stark Mansion, wow, my fan-girl heart just might explode. (Thor is my favorite Avenger. I know, I know...) And maybe (crosses fingers), just maybe, we'll get some quality Loki in here soon? (Loki is my favorite Marvel villain. I know, I know... I did mention I am a fan-girl, right? Albeit, a rather old one). Anywho, this is a round-about plea to update again soon. Not four-month soon, but soon-soon. (Example: next week is soon.) P.S. I can't believe you title's Thor's chapter "This Asshole!" Tut tut tut.
Book girl fan chapter 20 . 1/23/2014
How did Thor even fit behind the refrigerator? He's pretty big.
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 20 . 1/20/2014
Ahahah, hah, ah. This is going to go well.
Serendipity's tears chapter 20 . 1/20/2014
Are you sure he wasn't hiding in it? (And by hiding in it I mean eating you out of house and home...) o_O
Guest chapter 20 . 1/20/2014
A solar powered Clint. :D
TheNaggingCube chapter 20 . 1/20/2014
I can so hear Thor's voice in this chapter. Well done.