Reviews for How Bella Got Her Groove Back
S1203 chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
So educational... for thinking...
PrimroseHill chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
This was just a joy to read! Incredibly well-developed characters in a story less than 15k - I felt their passion and love for one another from your words. It is rare for a piece to center around sex and successfully use it to give the reader insight into a fully developed loving relationship. You engage the reader emotionally from the very first scene. It was incredibly beautiful despite the fact that it dealt with such a dreadful reality in even the most loving of relationships. Your Edward being so in-tune with his Bella set a wonderful tone and grabbed my empathy for these two from that first scene. I think the biggest turn-on in reading the story is how well he SEES Bella, he really considers her and her fulfillment (or temporary lack of) and that was written so well that I could draw a parallel to their life outside the bedroom - he is obviously deeply committed to her happiness and this relationship from the first scene was not just a little sex romp. Wonderful job creating a relationship between your characters and your reader so quickly and thoroughly! I would love to know more about these two - you left me wanting so much more! I particularly would love to read about how they have been together so long and not made it official yet. Traditional B and E would certainly be married after five years. I just think you have too good a set up to not flush out more. Your E is so attuned to her - a true romantic ideal for most women but you gave him a charming touch of cockiness throughout, little hints at his appealing flaw - the scene where he could not hide his curiosity about hearing about his elephant...placing that in the midst of a minor sexual crisis blown into a large issue because of their deep involvement in one another - and after five years of avid and blissful physicality was perfect in its humor and further development of E and B. I will stop gushing with the literary critique but I am tickled to find another unique voice with great skill in the fandom. I am incredibly impressed and in love with your style of writing - I am so happy I found you through another gushing rec on A Different Forest. I will definitely be reading your other work! Thanks so much for sharing your incredible gift! Best, Kimberly
meh chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Totally sweet and relate-able. Went through something very similar including the same kind of resolution. It's easy to start over-thinking and making things worse!
annaharding chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Ah! THANK YOU for writing a story where life is real - that women, like Bella, do NOT always orgasm during sex. I read so many stories where it seems all Edward has to do is touch her and she orgasms. EVERY SINGLE TIME! Huh - I was never that lucky. (And if any of you out there in RL always reach the big O - thank your lucky stars!)
But I'm glad they found themselves again - it's about the love, not the sex. But I was kinda hoping he had an engagement ring in his dresser drawer, instead of concert tickets.
Thanx for the reading fun!
TwiFanfictionRecs chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
How Bella Got Her Groove Back has been nominated in the poll to find the Top Ten Favourite Fics completed in February over on www . twifanfictionrecs . com
planetblue chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Another lovely piece of work!
CdrIvanova chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Oh I loved this story!
sissyb chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Great one shot, I loved it!
roxiegirl chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Loved that! Thanks so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Dearest Ms. FicChick,

No one, NO ONE can intertwine humor and romance and sexy times like you. It's such a treat to have another o/s to devour.

A few fave moments:
"When did you lie to me by pretending I had done my job as a man?"-BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Awwwww, he's so indignant, LOLOLOLOL!

2. "I owe you one, Bella Swan," he breathes. "And I always pay my debts."-*UNF* why does this threat make me shivery?!

I know Edward is frustrated, but it warms my heart (and lady business) to see him care so much! He wants Bella to experience pleasure too :)

3. "I'm blaming this one on external factors,"-BWAHAHAHA! At this point, I'm starting to feel bad for Bella!

"John Krasinski."
"Seriously?" Alice screeches at the same time Rose says, "Who?"
"Yeah, don't imagine him while you're in bed," she says finally. "You're better off just sticking with my brother."-BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Awwwwww, Krasinski is ADORBS!

5. "Dave Matthews Band's "Crash Into Me" wafts through the dim lighting of the restaurant."-THIS IS MY JAM!

6. "Oh, thank God," he gasps into my neck, pressing a hot open-mouthed kiss to the hollow of my shoulder, panting into my damp skin for a moment before he pulls out and rolls me onto my back before pushing my thighs apart with his knees and driving himself back into me. He resumes thrusting and my body arches against him, still taut with pleasure and buzzing with aftershocks, and his green eyes flash.
"Again," he demands, and even as I open my mouth to protest, I can feel the hum of arousal climbing again, setting my skin aflame beneath the weight of his body."-UNFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I love you and your amazing words. Please never stop writing. x
edwardsfavoritebrunette chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Perfect as usual!

I felt frustrated when they were frustrated, but the relief at the end was fantastic. What a great journey!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Loved this, and it's so true. Sometimes you just get robotic and in everyday life and don't realize it. Good job. BUT! what's in the second drawer? Maybe another O/S.
kiddikat chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
God, I was beginning to think she'd never get there...!
fanfictionalcolic chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Funny and hot a good mix
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Could Rosalie be more of a bitch? What she said in front of Edward was hurtful. And then Edward says sorry to Bella for being angry that she confided such a personal issue with her friend? Why? His anger was justified. He says "I was just embarrassed" And who wouldn't be? With a girlfriend like Bella and her bitchy friend. It's okay that Bella wanted to vent but Rosalie was so disrespectful.
I hate when nobody puts Rosalie in her place. Just because she is a friend doesn't mean she is entitled to say whatever she wants.
Lovely story as everything you write.
181 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »