Reviews for It's Killing Me
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
Love it
Darksabre35 chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Emjalen:

Wow. I ALWAYS love it whenever a SW writer takes it upon himself or herself to write the darker side of the SW universe. The truth is, there are a lot of very nasty things that happen in our modern society that a lot of us like to push under the table, and the same goes for the SW galaxy, which is in more ways than we sometimes realize very much like our own.

This piece was absolutely raw; it was horrible but so gripping that I couldn't stop reading.

I REALLY like Alishe; she is a feisty, intelligent young woman with a mind of her own who has somehow been drawn into a very twisted, explosive, and quite frankly abusive relationship with an ARC trooper. Despite how she is 'spitfire from the ninth hell' - she is also vulnerable, as her tears in her exchanges with Fives show. I like how she did her best to hit Fives even though she knew she could never win. And, as sad as it is, I'm glad that at the end she (at least it seems this way to me) saw the need to take care of herself and step away from this relationship that is consuming her and go back home. I liked the parts where she was all haughty Hapan - especially when she thought 'This is a mere man-crush him'. The opposite seems to have happened!

As for Fives - I must say that he TERRIFIES me. Your descriptive writing is so good I could see him perfectly as I read the story, and I found myself wanting to scream and run like a bat out of hell even though it was just a story. I think he does love Alishe, but his possessiveness borders on psychopathic. His threats were absolutely chilling and the way he physically treats Alishe could be...somewhat improved upon. I was just...appalled at the way he insisted on having sex with her (the whole thing was a little too similar to forced sex/rape) when she was tearfully begging him to let her go. However, the note he left her at the end was strangely sweet, especially the 'Stay safe, beautiful.' I was melting at that.

However, I think Fives' psychopathy when it comes to Alishe is all part of his upbringing as a clone. He has been taught he is a 'flesh machine' for the Republic who does not even own his own life, and when he finds something he can 'own' (namely, Alishe), he does NOT want to let go. Rough is the only way he knows it.

And the lyrics you incorporated into this couldn’t be more perfect. I like that song too! And your descriptive writing is impeccable. Very graphic, but not over-the-top. You really have a way of pulling readers into the story, even when the material is very disturbing. Kudos!

Great work!
Sabre
laloga chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Intense! These two obviously have a lot of issues to work through, but their chemistry is undeniable. I love the idea of pairing alpha-male, ARC-swaggering Fives with a Hapan duchess...definitely a chance for the sparks to fly!

Great job! :)
TheLightIsMine chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Aayla/Kit! Yes please! :D

I really enjoyed this; the kind of dysfunctional relationship between the two of them, and Fives' banter was great. The song fit in with the fic really well! Great choice. :) The ending was so sad...I had a tear in my eye. :( Alishe, I love, and I don't mind sad endings. Very well written, very enjoyable. Please carry on! :)
Crossroad Avarice chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
No happy for Kit/Aayla? :( Still, you write wonderfully, m'dear, and it was an absolute honor to beta this! I'm looking forward to your next chapter! :3
spikala chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Wow emjalen. This was just fantastic writing. Twisted relationship to be sure: domineering and just a bit scarily possessive, but still an amazing read. I got a clear sense of their chemistry and blind burning need for each other, it was just electrifying. Loved reading and can’t wait for more :)