Reviews for Hallelujah
woosh48 chapter 37 . 9/12
Loved this! Weaving Christianity's good and bad throughout the story was inspiring.
twi nana chapter 37 . 3/6
Absolutely breathtaking, well written, the characters were, I have no words. Really. Thank you for the gift of this story.
LAB1 chapter 1 . 3/4
I forgot to mention that I kept having the theme of Footloose in my head as I read. Hilarious! I finally watched that movie this summer. My poor husband had 3 older sisters and watched it way too much growing up. Only having brothers, it was never a priority. I totally puctured Edward as Kevin Bacon through most of this with his parents in the movie as the same ones the lead girl had. A little messed up, but hilarious!
LAB1 chapter 37 . 3/4
I loved your story! Really spoke to me. I met my husband the summer before my Senior year in high school in church. His mother didn't accept me until a decade and two children later! Never could figure out why! I guess I "stole her baby" or something. Gave her six grandchildren! That should count for something right? Thank you for writing a story with good morals and characters who keep their values! A rare thing even in Christian circles! I'm always saddened when writers think that they need to write sex scenes. Or the "everything but" mentality. Living a chaste life is beautiful and very few people these days understand the blessings of such a life. Hugs! You wrote a beautiful story!
LAB1 chapter 6 . 3/4
Loving this! I was supposed to wear a uniform to a school that I was only attending for 5 months in another country. Just 1 semester. As an upper classman I was suposed to wear a blue shirt. No way was I wearing that seriously thin and almost see through top! You had to wear a lined bra to try to keep your modesty. I wore a blue and a little purple stripped tie dye Tshirt! And the skirt! No way would I ever wear anything that short! Seriously there was no way I was wearing any of it. I wore nice blue jeans. So I was sent to the Principals office. Told him straight up that I wouldn't ever wear such immodest clothing! After a short staring contest when he realized that I was dead serious, he said if anyone had a problem to just come and see him and he'd act like he gave me a warning. I guess that they weren't used to brash Americans with modesty issues! It was an interesting study in human behavior. The "equilizer" adults thought of uniforms as was actually a way to make each social group more distinct. You see much more intermixing of groups in an American high school. I'd never allow my kids to attend a school with a uniform. We homeschool, but even the school group tshirt my kids wanted makes me twitch. I did get it for them. Now one of my teens wants to make one similar, but in a better color and put the logo in iron on glitter. Perfect!
aniseed flower chapter 37 . 5/4/2016
Hi! I dont review very often when I read completed fics. My bad. Lol. But I just wanted to drop a review here for this story. I want to thank you. So much. I am not religious, but I like to think that the only difference between me and a good religious person is the belief in a god. It is SO nice reading a good story that incorporates religion without preaching and condeming. Characters that have their religion but also an open mind to modern times and above all, the most important fact so many people forget, that its up to their God to judge. Not them as people and worshippers. (Always drives me crazy that one. SO MANY religious people from many faiths use their religion as a way to force conformity. When it isnt up to them at all. But their God. *sigh*) So again, thanks. I think you handled this beautifully. And thank you also for sharing it with us.
k1942 chapter 37 . 4/11/2016
I think you did an absolutely wonderful job with this story! I sure felt all kinds of uplifted through a lot of it!
k1942 chapter 36 . 4/11/2016
I always knew they were wonderful people and just look how they live their lives, welcoming all those children !
k1942 chapter 35 . 4/11/2016
Just exactly right, purely them!
k1942 chapter 34 . 4/11/2016
If ever a chapter deserved a few tears, it was this one! It simply blew me away!
k1942 chapter 33 . 4/11/2016
You just about gave me a heart attack! What is going on?
k1942 chapter 32 . 4/11/2016
That truly was very sweet! Bound to happen, also.
k1942 chapter 31 . 4/11/2016
What a total dick! This was such a wonderful happening and it devolved into this confrontation!
k1942 chapter 30 . 4/11/2016
The lyrics of her song kind of gave me goose bumps!
k1942 chapter 29 . 4/11/2016
That's our girl, ever practical Bella! She's going to get that equipment to the church or know the reason why!