Reviews for No To Date Nights
Psycho Tangerine chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Lol, poor Jake will never have a chance with Gia getting annoyed with all those guys asking her for dates this looks like it could be an interesting series so I'm going to continue reading.
KeSuQueen chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Cute!
chickenscrews chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
I'm here because the first chapter to your "The Invasion Arrives" story seemed interesting and well written, but had a TON of prerequisites to it, so here I am :/

Poor Gia :( The things she's gotta put up with behind that tough-as-nails exterior... Truth be told, I strongly dislike the Megaforce saga so far and one of the reasons, I feel, is not NEARLY enough focus on developing the characters and the interactions between them. But where I find the canon material grating and hard to sit through, it looks like you really understand how to write these people and give LIFE to their personalities and relationships. It's character pieces like this that can save Megaforce if they're implemented more because they give us something deep to see when we look at these kids, rather than just pretty faces behind pretty masks.

All this time, I've been cringing at how Megaforce's handled the Jake/Gia thing so far because it all comes off as a creepy stalker lusting after someone he sees as an object instead of a person and they've been dropping not-so-subtle hints that Gia likes him back, and that's a terrible injustice to everything Gia has the potential to be and sets a horrible example for impressionable kids, both the guys and the girls. If they want to force this shipping so badly, Super Megaforce really needs a scene where Gia finally tells Jake off about his stalker methods and where Jake apologizes and tries to treat her more like a human being. Until then, there's always well written one-shots like this to compensate.
And I actually never considered that Jake may not be the most grating nuisance Gia has to put up with until this fic. Sure, his behavior isn't exactly excusable and someone needs to give the lad a good talking-to, but at least he's more of the "nice guy" kind of stalker whereas everyone else's a straight-up jerk. (Congratulations, Jake! You win the "Not as Big a Jerk as you Could've Been" award!)

But I think my favorite part about this was the dialogue between Gia and Emma. Like I read in that first chapter of "The Invasion Arrives," the interactive chemistry between them is natural, fluid, fun, and truly gives the impression that they're the "sisters" the show tried to tell us they were. (I especially loved the part where Emma started going all environmentalist on her xD)

Over all, you did a REALLY good job here and I look forward to reading more of your take on Megaforce :)
(One down, 38 more to go...at least it'll be a fun ride.)
rini anointed436 chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
I can't deeply relate to Gia since I hadn't experienced being in that situation during my high school days. If I was in Gia's position, I would've been disgusted too. All that unwanted attention is uncomfortable. The inappropriate touch that the guy who was making his move on her is sexual harassment. Guys like that have no respect for the ladies and think of them as sexual objects. Persistent ones like him don't give up until they get what they want. It's good that she's able to maintain a cool composure under that pressure. She's also cool about brushing Jake off-thinking that he's no different from the majority of the male population at school that drool over her. Having to experience this every day of her high school life is clear why she doesn't want anything to do with guys in particular. That type of guy can't be trusted.
ClassicTVfan chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Oh Gia...one day you will fall for Jake :p Great story! I can't wait to read more.
snake screamer chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Good story (Btw if you do Gia emma) i suggest waiting till united we stand.
Griffnix chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Is it wrong of me to think that Gia doesn't date... boys? Ever since the first scene of them together, I've like the Gia/Emma pairing. They have such great chesmisty together. Too bad they will never be canon. It's a shame because they look so cute together!

- Griffnix
KLR chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
SWEET! I have loved Gia, and think she will be my favorite. Keep the creative juices to yourself for as long as you need. We can wait for the Megaforce story because it will be amazing.
Miss DJ Classy B chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Oh the joys of high school. Boys are boys. Girls are... I don't even know sometimes. My first year of high school has been an interesting one but I can relate to Gia in this situation. I currently have a love-hate relationship with Megaforce. Maybe by episode 10 I'll like it better. I like Gia and Jake though. Great work as the usual! :D
iHeartMusic-27 chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
That was really good. I can't wait for you to start your Megaforce series! Have you decided what pairings you're doing yet? I'd love to know what they are. Keep up the great work!
Darien Fawkes chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
LOL! Nice little one-shot. Unfortunately, High School really is ruled by hormones, so I think it's something Gia just has to get used to. Guys will get the message, and other interests in time.

Loved the story.