Reviews for Don't Look Back You're Not Going That Way
sothereyougo chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
So, how could I not stop by and pour a little more love into the ocean of it that I have already filled for this story? Since your fic over here at is a large part of what inspired me to even try my hand in this fandom, to say that I was thrilled when you were assigned this, my dark and dirty little prompt, at the first ahs_exchange I joined in for is understatement at its most "under."

Somehow, you were able to strip both Tate and Violet naked bodily and emotionally, yet let them keep both their dignity and their claws while they fought to find some kind of shifting equilibrium for their relationship, a way to thinly clothe their vulnerability in shiny black rubber that only served to inspire them to the rawest passion, (to quote my LJ reivew): the two of them a "perfectly matched pair of sexual super-heroes, like a more potent and perverse Batman and Cat Woman, keeping the sly humor but without any of the camp."

And I just have to quote the end of my LJ review again too because I don't think I can say it any better:

As the story concludes with the series of vignettes of them continuing to negotiate their way along the path of finding a way of being together when there is still so much pain and darkness between them, "they're learning, especially Tate who maybe needed this particular lesson more, that it's possible to be true to yourself and still embrace the paradoxes inside you, the need to be on top, the need to let go and just feel, and that the games that can be played and enjoyed increase in power and scope exponentially when you have your perfect match to play them with.

So, I hope it doesn't freak you out that I've spent this much time thinking about and commenting on your story, but it's because I just appreciate so much how well you did with the prompt and even more so that you put your own marks on it and stretched it out and filled it up with all this dark and poweful beauty. From the bottom of my dark and deep and twisted heart, I thank you."
LolaBleu chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
I loved this, I really did. In a lot of little places and pieces and as a whole. Bit for some reason this:

She hurts, terribly. Cries. And he comforts her.

They're still so young.

every time I read it, tears. Every. Single. Time. It just guts me for some reason.
jandjsalmon chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Love this! Hot and thinky and just really good. Definitely deserved it's smutty win!
gfghjkhdfgh chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
/like damp kitten fur/
why would you do that?

/"You look tired, Tate. I don't know why, all you did was lie there, like a little bitch."/
I have completely lost it.

this most certainly deserved best smut. I'm glad you took it.

I'm also glad we all seem to have arrived at the S&M station simultaneously.