Reviews for Living in the Past
CornishGirl chapter 10 . 10/28/2014
This was very well done. Portraying Dean without memories was very moving, especially with Sam trying to guard him from the worst while providing just enough info to get him through the days. Nice job tagging into canon from the early years, good mix of pathos and bittersweet knowledge. You nailed their "voices." Good job! 8-)
kittyhawk09 chapter 10 . 8/15/2014
I suppose this was how it had to end. It started feeling like a different universe. It was entertaining to see how they related in the early chapters, a skeptical Dean and a bit exasperated Sam. The scene with Ruby was interesting because we saw a peek into how Dean treated women solely on appearance (something Ruby does n' t lack) and meanwhile Sam's feeling the full awkwardness of the situation. When Castiel showed up I was reminded that this was Season 4: distant rep of Heaven Castiel, Sam believing he has to save the world and destroy Lilith, etc. You captured the tension of the season beautifully as got closer to the end. Finally, my impression at the end at this story is that nothing has changed. Thanks for posting such a great read. I love time travel/time related amnesia stories and so finding this was a great. Where did you get the idea for this story? Please PM me with your thoughts. I would love to hear some of your insights into the story.
Your newest reader,

-Kittyhawk09
Cactus101 chapter 10 . 4/13/2014
Aussie,

I just powered through this fic and loved it. Your writing seems so effortless and the thought patterns and internal dialogue is amazing. You did a great job and wish more folks would comment on this great story.

Keep up the good work.
Cactus101 chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Oh wow, just discovered this gem of a fic. Sam's helplessness in the face of Dean's amnesia and asking about his dad over and over again is beautifully written. I can't wait to read more.
Jennygeee chapter 9 . 4/7/2014
Cas did right to return Dean's memories, now he can deal with things and not be handicapped, his 'innocence' was nice in the beginning but it put him and Sam in too much danger. Loved reading this thanks so much for sharing.
Jennygeee chapter 7 . 4/7/2014
Now Sam has some explaining to do!
Jennygeee chapter 6 . 4/7/2014
Poor Sam is digging himself into a huge hole!

I also ache for the less complicated times when they toured the country just two brothers hunting things, saving people, the family business.
Jennygeee chapter 5 . 4/7/2014
This is amazingly well written!
Jennygeee chapter 4 . 4/7/2014
Still really loving this!
Jennygeee chapter 3 . 4/7/2014
Love the way you are going with this. What an impossible situation poor Sam is in, can't wait to read the next chapter...
Reg chapter 9 . 4/6/2014
Angels are infuriating! Really enjoyed this.
Reg chapter 8 . 4/6/2014
This is really good even if Dean is frustrating the hell out of me ;) He's exactly how I would expect him to be with those six years gone, but Jesus, his absolute worship of his father as the all-knowing, never wrong hero is annoying as hell. I can understand how it would've frustrated Sam no end and now he's back with a Dean that still thinks his father was infallible and still sees Sam as a kid. I love how this is from Sam's POV, that was something that was sorely lacking in season 4. Sam made some incredibly bad choices but his intentions were always good. His trying to protect Dean in this is nice. Yes, he's also trying to protect himself but I can understand that too. Dean was very unforgiving in Season 4 and never tried to see Sam's POV. I always wondered that if Dean wasn't so self-righteous during that season and at least tried to see things from Sam's perspective, if he would have actually been able to talk Sam out of what he was doing. Instead he threw orders around and we know how well either Winchester brother react to being told what to do. Sam was being manipulated by a master of it, but so was Dean from the other side and he couldn't see it either. It's refreshing seeing it this way. And Heaven taking Dean's memories, oh yeah, definitely something I can see them doing. Angels really are dicks.
Jennygeee chapter 2 . 4/6/2014
Did not expect that turn of events, makes sense though that the angels would try to help Dean but they took things too far. I'm glad you addressed the fact that Cas could put things right with Dean's memory and gave us the reason that he didn't.
Jennygeee chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
Saw this recced on LJ and can't believe I haven't read this before now, love the first chapter and looking forward to the rest.
buckleyeva1 chapter 9 . 4/6/2014
Hey, just letting you know that I loved this story so bloody much I've recced it on hoodie-time..
Thank you so much for sharing!