Reviews for Mario and Luigi and Bowser
supercatprincess4237 chapter 1 . 3/22
I loved this story, it was the best take on Bowser's Inside Story yet! I love how you made Starlow more of the main character. I am in the process of writing a story where various characters take on the role of the FNAF security guard, and the third chapter is Fawful. Would you care to check it out and examine my take on the character?
RevivingMidbusII chapter 94 . 12/30/2014
Alas, I am so sorry that it's over. I definitely think this is the best story I have ever experienced- I love your take on Starlow so much and also the tragic backstory. I can't express with words how much I love this- but there's one problem. Now when I play the game I think of this as the canon!
Thegeniusyoshi chapter 4 . 12/28/2014
Awesome story!
bowser chapter 16 . 7/11/2014
Gwahaha! Oh,hi!I'm the king of the koopas! I exclaimed to the magikoopas so loudly that l almost burned them! I don't care who wrote this,but thank you
QueenBoo21 chapter 93 . 7/6/2014
What Starlow did for Bowser was amazing... Not only a perfect ending to one of my favorite video games, but simply a wonderful thing for her to do! I have always loved the idea of how alike Bowser and "Chippy" are (especially since they are high in my list of favorite characters!). Who knows? Had circumstances been different, they could have been great friends. :) I've been following this story for ages, and I don't think many people are dedicated enough to finish a 94 chapter story. (Seriously, I never expected this to end up being 94 chapters!) I love this fanfic, and I'll continue to read your other work, which is probably just as magnificent. Here's to the end of MLB, and many more stories to come! ;D
Poltergust 5000 chapter 53 . 5/19/2014
Oh man, the haiku from Mario RPG.

Nice touch. ;)
Johnathan216 chapter 94 . 4/17/2014
Really good I think the return of Fawful would be good but alas! He is not even mentioned in M&L:DT
But every story has its own Antagonists.
Cynna chapter 7 . 4/2/2014
Excuse me, but there's a slight error. In chapter 7, you said Wisdurm took her sage test "centuries ago", however, you wrote in a later chapter that the Shroob incident was Wisdurm's test. I apologize if I sounded rude.
brave kid chapter 94 . 3/22/2014
well great job on this story,please do your best on your next work
XerxesTexasToast chapter 94 . 3/22/2014
(STANDING OVATION)

Bravo. Bravo to you and the tenacity it took to finish this epic. You have done the Mario fandom a service. A winner is you.
YinWriter chapter 94 . 3/22/2014
Damn... Powerful stuff! Now comes the question...

... What the Hell do I do now that this jewel of a fanfic is done?!

Never mind. I really loved this story! 5/5! I can't wait to see what you're going to come up with next!
darksymphony777 chapter 94 . 3/22/2014
I'm going to sum up the entire story and what I think in the review when I first started reading I thought "oh another go at a novelization where's the rum" but as I got into the story I now went "hey this is not bad" and I continued reading and I was amazed at how you raised the bar novelizations are the hardest types of stories to do but you, you did it you have made a game a concept so simple and you made it into a epic journey for starlow as a person that we cab get behind so I say to you mr or ms walkazo thank...no a thank you is too simple (turns around and shows a curtain) I think this should suffice (raises the curtain and a crowd starts a grand reaction of cheering) (note better off alone is still my favorite but this comes pretty darn close)
Latham02 chapter 94 . 3/22/2014
Congratulations! I can see not wanting to diver right into another story, I would be exhausted after 200000 words.

I'll now give my opinion on the story as a whole;

The most amazing strength of this story, I thought, was your portrayal of Starlow, who I think is the real protagonist, despite not being in the title. You manage to expand her role from the game in a way that does not feel too contrived, and give her a good story arch, and you somehow you manage to capture the feeling of thinking when Starlow is manipulating Bowser's hammer space.

On the downside, some of this expansion seems like a bit too much, to the point where it actually gets convoluted. In particular when that worm turned out to be Wisdurm. It kinda makes sense in the context of the whole hammer space thing, but I still thought that plot twist was rather stupid.

You manage to capture the Mario tone pretty well, with a few added heartfelt moments spread throughout, and I'm sincerely glad you never cross into Draco in Leather Pants territory by making him too sympathetic; just like the game, he's still jerk and a bully, but their lives just wouldn't be complete without him. I did not really like the tragic backstory you gave him though; I know it relates to your other stories, but I always assumed from the Yoshi games that Bowser acts the way he does because he was spoiled as a child. He kidnapped the Princess because he was so used to getting what he wanted, he didn't know what to do when that didn't happen.

All in all though, a great ride from start to finish. It can get really convoluted at times, but it's pretty easy to look past it most of the time. If you're reading this review and deciding whether or not to read this story, go ahead!
Latham02 chapter 93 . 3/22/2014
You have to believe in impossible things, Starlow; otherwise, how will they become real?
Latham02 chapter 91 . 3/22/2014
I have mixed feelings that you showed the fight; I always thought it was kinda the point that the battle wasn't shown because it was a forgone conclusion. Still, it was well executed, and I do like how Bowser is characterized as someone who would literally fight themselves to death.