Reviews for Across the Sun
Guest chapter 23 . 7/22/2017
Holy fucking shit this was an amazing rollercoaster
Kira440 chapter 23 . 6/27/2017
That was great. I loved this story.
Thousand Arrows chapter 23 . 9/26/2016
I read this about a year ago, but I started reading it again and oh my... It's just as fantastic and brilliant as the first time. It's wonderfully well written!
I don't know if you've heard of it, but there's a graphic novel called "Fun Home" by Alison Bechdel, and she uses the Icarus myth and incorporates with her theme of identity... Something I see in this story also :)
Keep up the great work!
marolycus chapter 23 . 8/24/2016
That was beautiful.. I cried I laughed I got mad... This is truly a well written story...
extremepenguin10 chapter 23 . 4/18/2016
OMG I JUST UTTERLY LOVE THIS FANFIC, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!
Pikas chapter 23 . 10/31/2015
I've had this story sitting in my bookmark list for a while, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I've been wanting to find a good Steven fic, and I'm so glad I found/had this!
The adventures were exciting, and I found it a refreshing concept about lost Champions. Hello Nate and Lyra, and Red and Cynthia!

I have to say, I read really moved at some points during the challenges set by May. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be the one where Steven had to draw the portraits, and people spilled their stories. I teared up a bit.
It was also really sad how Champions were 'controlled' by the media. I would hate to be like that, and would probably go live like a hermit in the mountains.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this, and I plan to check out your other stories too.
FireGoddess101 chapter 23 . 8/24/2015
Loved loved this story!
Guest chapter 23 . 8/21/2015
This is astounding. I fell in love with this, chapter by chapter, and I really feel like I learned a bit myself, too. I'm absolutely speechless.
NavaMoon chapter 1 . 7/13/2015
It's been a while since I read your story, but I couldn't leave a review because I didn't have an account. So now it's my chance! I have to say that I really REAAAALLLYYYY loved this story, it's so full of emotion and I just can't get into words how much I like it.
I remember staying up till 7 am just to read more, and even in school breaks I read it. Ah, truly a masterpiece. I hope someday you can write more (I already read the short story about Nate's birthday). See you, then. Bye!
DBT the mediocre chapter 23 . 6/13/2015
Right, so now I'm crying. I hope you're proud of yourself because yes, tears are falling from my eyes as I type this and in case you were wondering, no, I'm not someone who cries often (or even cries at all, but you just proved me otherwise). I just don't even know what to say, except to thank you for writing such a beautiful (and emotional) story. It was so raw with all sorts of emotions that it's so hard not to feel something when reading it. It was just perfect. Steven was so infuriatingly stoic sometimes and I like that you juxtaposed him with Nate, who is my favourite character in this. (By the way, I shipped Nate and Lyra so hard while I was reading this.) Nate was just so adorable and innocent and I get him. I understand how he has to smile and laugh and hide behind jokes. And Steven hides behind his couldn't-care-less act but he's really as emotional and fragile as all of us. All of us have walls and all of us hide behind our crutches. Sometimes I just forget that it isn't just me who does that. The people around me hide it so well that when I fail to conceal my own feelings, it seems like I'm the only one who's putting on a show. Your story reminded me that it's okay to feel passionately about something or someone. A good friend of mine always told me that, but I forget. I always do. Anyway, I don't even know why I'm telling you all this but somehow through your writing I feel like I know you. You can only write about people like these because you know how it feels like (I'm guessing). Each character a writer writes is a reflection of the writer, no matter how big or small that resemblance may be. That's what I believe, anyway. It was quite interesting actually, because while reading the story, I had to keep reminding myself that it was May who had gone missing, not Lyra. Even when Lyra entered the story, I still saw May as Lyra and Steven as Lance. I don't know why for certain, but I have a feeling it's because Lyra has always been my favourite character in all the games, and she seems like the kind who acts all ditsy but is in so much emotional pain. Lyra's also been sort of the loner kind, so it would make sense for her to just run. But I guess there's the other Lyra/Lance story you wrote about her going to Mt Silver (Washed Up) if I wanted a (shorter and less adventurous) Johto version. And I love that Lyra/Ethan story where Lyra ran away in the middle of the night to go find Red and Ethan found her (Speechless). I don't know why I'm telling you about your own stories but I'm just emotionally unstable and I don't know how to deal with it right now and your stories are just so gorgeous and I've been wanting to review all the ones I've read (which are a lot) but I'm too freaking lazy but this time I just had to tell you what your story did to me so I hope you're proud of yourself.
(And just to let you know, I'm just typing whatever comes to mind and I'm not editing it, which is why it's so rough and emotional and it might not make sense. It's really quite embarrassing, but right now I don't even care anymore. To hell with societal expectations and conformity! To hell with building up walls and hiding emotions! I'm going to fell whatever the hell I want to feel so there.)
(I'm probably going to regret this a whole lot when I wake up tomorrow.)
Crack-jouchan chapter 23 . 5/8/2015
WOOOOO! Yay! Hopefully Lyra joins em toooo~ congratz to Nate on getting his date! An unusual pairing, but cute as hell! 3 friendship foreverrrrr!

Love Nate's letter xD hilarious to the max.
Crack-jouchan chapter 17 . 5/8/2015
WOOHOO! It's like a party now! Nate and Lyra are so adorablr xD they add spunk and humor into the story! Love them!
Alex The Rogue chapter 23 . 5/2/2015
Epic
DawnMisty chapter 23 . 4/30/2015
I love this story so much! I have read a lot of StevenxMay fanfictions, but this one takes the cake! The letter Nate wrote was hilarious! Thank you so much for writing this! I can't wait to read it from May's POV! :)
DawnMisty chapter 18 . 4/30/2015
Clue 7 has to be the easiest one yet! I really like this story! :)