Reviews for The One Night Stand
AllSpark Princess chapter 11 . 11/1
Hey, this story's getting good. I like it. Please update this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I'd like to read more of this story.
Myroleran chapter 11 . 1/17
I actually want play this game now this pretty good self insert
Shikyo no Kyoufu chapter 2 . 1/12/2014
Oh god you brought up Drakengard...evil giant man eating babies...giant pregnant monster lady thing...I need to go to my special place.
FireDragonX23 chapter 11 . 8/26/2013
Good chapter
Vendiche and Avalon chapter 11 . 8/2/2013
I actually like the fact that Shayne is older than most of the group and the team dynamics make me smile. I don't really see the interactions you've done so far as romantic but more like really close friends or family. What some people don't understand is that you actually CAN show affection for someone without being akin to lovers. I'm a big fan of nakamaship, showing close ties with your comrades and such. Plus, there's also the fact that Will could use a little help with reigning in the teenagers every now and then. I like how you portrayed Shayne as an older brother type (that's how I see it). He's old enough to guide and lead them when the situation calls for it and yet still young enough to really connect with them.

Sylph Writer chapter 10 . 7/29/2013
Hey, been awhile!
So you had computer trouble? That's always a pain, and a nasty reminder of how much we can come to rely on our computers, and then come to regret it.

Poor, poor Chloe. Just having to take a boat ride would be one thing, but then Jay challenging Senel and totally overdoing it-I wouldn't blame her for refusing to ride one again. Not that that would get her off the hook if another boat ride from point A to point B is necessary.
And the revelation that the rest of the world has more advanced technology to the point of having luxuries like movies, that's a pretty interesting take. I don't suppose there's any reason to argue against it since the entire plot is set within the limits of the Legacy, although at the least I think this would mean you'd still hear about the technology available on the mainland. There might be some enthusiasts around, though why they wouldn't just move to land would then be called into question...
Vendiche and Avalon chapter 10 . 7/28/2013
Sorry for not leaving a review. I'm one of those people who usually just favorites and follows before leaving. I mostly decided to give this fanfic a chance just because of the rarity of it; most self-inserts for the Tales series tend to be for Symphonia or Abyss. I was pleasantly surprised on how well-written this is and shocked that it has gained so few reviews. Also, you have my sympathies for the lost data. I too have been through the same thing and I suggest making sure you have everything backed up on a separate hard-drive this time around if you haven't already done so. There's nothing wrong with having several copies of the same thing (unless it's slowing down your computer. I look forward to the next chapter.

MyDarkSideHasAWayOfHerOwn chapter 9 . 2/27/2013
Hnnnngh. Walteeeeeeeeeerrr. I remember just a bit about that bastard. *grumbles*
Ahahaha, Shayne picking up Shirley reminded me of one time Onii-chan picked me up for absolutely no reason. XD
The fucking Oresoren, holy yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
And kudos to you for trying to build on the characters more! Daring young lad, aren't you?
Sylph Writer chapter 9 . 2/27/2013
I think you handled the fight real well. My favorite part is actually Walter blocking Chloe's sword and then kicking Senel. I don't even know why, I just like picturing it. Mostly because he kicked Senel.

And bitch, butterfly tattoos are FABULOUS. Just wanted to say that once...

Writing a paper with Will for the rest of your life. A prospect made funnier when you think it would mean you were working on a paper about a /video game/ for the rest of your life.
FireDragonX23 chapter 9 . 2/27/2013
Good chapter
Myo43 chapter 8 . 2/20/2013
Alright, so I've never played this game, no nothing of the plot, and I'm here because a friend of Sylph told me to read it. I have to admit, though, I'm glad she gave me the link. I'm finding this very enjoyable. Your writing style is pretty solid, the beginning let me know that you were going to stray from the plot of the game, which is a rare thing to see, and I love how you give slight descriptions of everything for those of us who may not know what everything looks like (most SI writers assume that everyone who is reading knows what they are talking about). I like how you make the quirky things in the game make sense in reality, while not getting rid of them entirely.

Sylph Writer chapter 8 . 2/20/2013
Spazzy little treasure hunters always lighten up the mood. I'm thinking it would be an unforgettable experience to be in a room with Norma and Yuffie Kisaragi at the same time. Because of course they'd have to compete to prove who's the greatest treasure hunter of all! (I'm getting sidetracked, oh dear.)

Thought the fight scenes went well, clear enough to follow and well paced. Next up: the challenge of a large group ganging up on /one guy/.
Sylph Writer chapter 7 . 2/19/2013
Csaba, you come in to announce that "we're under attack" as if the room isn't full of people your boss was just in the middle of battling... It's such a "Ya think?!" moment. And him playing the helpful signpost would be even more ridiculous under the circumstances without even the flimsy "It's what Moses would do" explanation... Magic words: Plot Device!
MyDarkSideHasAWayOfHerOwn chapter 7 . 2/19/2013
I remember that damn forest. Pretty place, but ugh. Oh wait, YAY, we'll have Norma soon! Can't wait to see what nickname she gives Shayne. "Shay-Shay"? XDD
Moses has that ACCENT that kinda makes me think back to my childhood in Tennessee. Sure, his is pretty exaggerated, but it's still pretty nostalgic for me.
Anyways, nicely done! Here's to what's to come! *raises juice box*
MyDarkSideHasAWayOfHerOwn chapter 6 . 2/18/2013
Ahh, a Legendia insert! Never expected to see one of these. Makes me feel kinda bad for never finishing the game... because they put a mountain in my way...
Sylph told me about you! Name's T-chan, nice to make your acquaintance, fellow SI writer! You're doing great so far, keep it up! Here's hoping your fic guilt-trips me into trying to get around that damn mountain in Legendia!