Reviews for An idea
Queen morgan la fay chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Oh, I liked this. Now that the seed has been planted, nothing will stop him now, including Mycroft. He could just threaten him and say that if criminals didn't get to hold his interest, he would turn his attention on him (in a non-fatal way, of course, but I always thought that if Moriarty and Irene Adler could be thorns in Mycroft's side, then Sherlock certainly could). That being said, Mycroft is sweet to look out for his little brother, if impossibly high-handed. I suppose he could have just employed him for intelligence work, I sort of got the impression that Mycroft in the show wanted them to work together, assuming that is what he meant by "you and I belong on the same side", but Sherlock didn't want that. At least, now, Sherlock can get financially independant, by working private cases, even if the Yard won't pay him. I love Lestrade in this, suitably remonstrating, but with a twinkle in his eye and a sense of humour about the whole thing. And, I also love how gobsmacked he was. I think you portrayed him and his reactions pretty accurately according to the show.
CaptainAmericaZombieFish chapter 1 . 2/16/2013