Reviews for Berserk
xxsnowfallxx chapter 1 . 1/4
that was good! i liked that episode too! I never really liked Dagur :T n poor Fishlegs ;_;
MySweetYaoi49 chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
I love Dagur! :) he's a complete psycho!
Happyfish chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
This is awesome.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Nice! Really nicely shows Dagur and Hiccup's history!
Ranting and Raving chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
This is such a awesomely chilling story. I like how you didn't go into too many details about what actually happened during Dagur's visits. You just sort of casually list what happened, as well as the Berkians reaction to Dagur's behavior, and let the actions do the talking. (Seriously. The fact that five-year old Hiccup took one look at eight-year-old Dagur and couldn't stop shivering afterwards says A LOT.)

Yeah... that Dagur... the moment he appeared on the screen, my immediate reaction was "GAH! Crazy!" (I actually said that out loud.) Needless to say, the writers did a brilliant job on him and I hope we see a lot more of him soon. One thing I hope they explore- as you did so flawlessly- is how Dagur and Hiccup are polar opposites of each other. Dagur may look like the picture-perfect viking on the outside (brawny, fearless, skilled warrior) but he's also a bloodthirsty sadist with no ounce of empathy whatsoever. He's definitely not leader material. Ironically, Hiccup is pretty much the anti-viking (scrawny, brainy, and lacking of any taste for blood whatsoever), but he's also compassionate, and genuinely concerned for the well-being of those around him. He's probably better suited to be a viking chief than Dagur will ever be.
SpaceCaseWriter chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Ah, Dagur, that loon. Anyway, very nicely done with this fic; I like how you wrote it all around, but especially the final year's entry-it ends the whole thing quite neatly by portraying the shift that took place in both Hiccup's primary concerns and his way of dealing with Dagur. That final line made me smile. :)
CampionSayn chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Sa!

There are no words to say except that this was totally awesome! The language, the hints, the reveals, all of it was well worth all the time you put into it. I especially love how Dagur chased Ruffnut around when she was little. I can only imagine what Tuffnut did. :)
Moira Inori chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This was amazing! I loved this episode too (well, honestly, I love all the episodes), and Dagur really made an impact on me. That absolute psycho. He's amusing to watch from behind the safety of the fourth wall, but honestly, if I knew a person like that, I'd be permanently quit of his company ASAP. The back-stories offered by Hiccup, Fishlegs and Astrid were horrible, but great to imagine and write about, and you did it really, really well. So thank you for that wonderful read!
ElmoTheProcrastinator chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Awesome. Hiccup, I totally agree!
Wordwielder chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I love the format here!
Foxxlight chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Hah, this is great. I love how it's in a bunch of different paragraphs, and it's cool to see the changes in Hiccup and Dagur as they grow up. ;)
PercyJacksonWillKickYourButt chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
I enjoy that. Did you make it up, or was it in the books?
Saphirabrightscale chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Nice one, I also saw that episode.
Pinnatus chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Great fic. Twinsanity was definitely an inspiring episode and I'm glad you created 14 shorts blurbs. Very well done and I like the transition of thought in the last part. Naturally, these could be expanded so each is their own chapter, but what you did works perfectly. :)
snake screamer chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
GOOD FIC! yeah Dagur is one DERANGED bastard, (plus there was that whole heavily implie to kill his own dad just to be chef thing.)