Reviews for The Tender Trap
RedWritingRebel chapter 5 . 5/30/2013
"Damn. This keeps gettin' better and better," he said. *Nods wildly in agreement* This is awesome! I can't wait to see how you weave this plot out. Absolutely incredible story, SS! And that's coming from someone who really doesn't like romance. XD
RedWritingRebel chapter 4 . 5/30/2013
Man, Leo is a terrible liar. But I must say, albeit meekly, that I was glad to see mr. Perfect get some tough love. I'm a huge Raph fan and, although I love Leo too, seeing their roles reversed was priceless. :)
And wow... I've always, and I mean ALWAYS, hated Karai. In the 2k3 series and in the 2k12 series, but I must say... some how you are making me like her. Or at least feel for her. After all, the show doesn't go into any dark emotional past, it just shows her to be a rebel. So I really must applaud you on the depth you've created here.
BTW, when you write in Karai's POV, I swear I hear her in my head. Spot on! XD
RedWritingRebel chapter 3 . 5/30/2013
Well, I happen to love the title! XD But maybe that's just because I've never heard the song...
Anyways, great job on this chapter. I love Karai's reaction when she wrote up, no matter how much a 'thank you kiss' might have been interesting, her being angry was in character. :)
Bravo!
Zarius chapter 20 . 5/29/2013
Stirring, emotional, heartbreaking, very bold and everyone is in character while leaving a lot of room for adult subject matter...rarely in fanfic works do we see someone really handle Karai's more ruthless side and it comes out in a very brutal and clear cut way. Fantastic and touching story.
RedWritingRebel chapter 2 . 5/9/2013
Yes, Leo, what are you doing? ...Falling in love with an enemy. *face palm* Yet, I find myself rooting for the possible romance. ;)
BTW, you wrote Karai's character perfectly. I could hear her in my head, and see her, and was a little spooked by that... You're just incredible.
RedWritingRebel chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Holy heck! That first paragraph noosed me with its marvel. XD
I swear, I'm nearly drooling over it right now... what a great first chapter, SS. I adore your writing style, as I've said before, and I can't wait to read how this develops.
And LOL, the way Mike woke Leo up, I felt like I was just hit by ice water myself. I had no idea it was a dream, seriously, my mouth had just dropped open when Karai kissed Leo and then... well, you get the point. ;)
Until next time,
Brooke Thomas chapter 22 . 5/7/2013
Wonderful, I've loved this story! I was tearing up at the end which was just right. Another part would be amazing, if you were going to do that I'd def be reading. Thank you for such a great read. :)
Brooke Thomas chapter 16 . 5/7/2013
No Leo don't listen! Aw this is getting nail biting! I love how evil your Shredder is, he is as fearsome as he should be, over the top? A touch, but that's not a bad thing for a villain of his reputation. Really enjoying your take on all this, it's great.
Awesomemuffin342 chapter 20 . 5/6/2013
Loved this story! I couldn't stop reading! I stayed up till 3am one night reading it XD but to me it feels like you kind of forget about Karia's broken wrist at points...
Brooke Thomas chapter 9 . 5/4/2013
Wow! Very powerful stuff! I feel a bit choked up myself. You've made the vulnerability very real for both of them and poor Leo, he really hasn't asked for much. Excellent chapter SS :)
Brooke Thomas chapter 4 . 4/29/2013
The detail you're putting into this is excellent, I've heard of the board discipline too and it is harsh but effective.
I'm not a big fan of Karai in the new show but you're giving her believable depth of character and i'm pleased to say she's growing on me. :)
Brooke Thomas chapter 3 . 4/28/2013
Very good, I like that you've kept the dynamic still hovering over the line between friends and enemies. I feel really sorry for Leo and I wonder what trouble he'll be in when he gets home? Can't wait to read the rest now! :)
Violet chapter 22 . 4/24/2013
I liked your fic, but this story is very sad. Do you think continuing the fic? I left with many questions. What will happen to Leo and Karai? I hope a sequel. Poor Leo! It is very sad to see him suffer so much for Karai.
Guest chapter 21 . 4/24/2013
Leo must feel so miserable that he destroyed all his memories with Karai. Poor Leo.
jusXtrust chapter 22 . 4/24/2013
Beautiful ending, as similarly to the rest of the story, extremely painful. I don't think it could have ended in a more perfect way. Maybe I just love how real this is, things don't always work out. Leo and Karai aren't together and in almost every way it seems like they should be, but it can't happen - at least in this story. The writing evokes so many emotions and your characterization is wonderful and believable. The dialogue adds much more to the story, real things that the real characters would say. I loved every minute. Thank you for your time and effort, it was a pleasure to read your work. And if you do write the sequel, I would gladly read it.
320 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »