Reviews for The Tender Trap
RedWritingRebel chapter 9 . 6/1/2013
Holy crap! Holy crap. I mean... HOLY CRAP! That was so freaking intense, I'm shaking right now. Poor Leo... The vulnerability and raw emotions of this chapter has me choked of any words, just... just WOW.
I can't believe how much I LOVE this story, SS. XD
Alex Luco chapter 22 . 5/31/2013
First off props on writing such a long story 70k is a lot to write but for the readers like me who heavily prefer something big that will keep them occupied for a while it's wonderful and for that I thank you. I've been looking for a good TMNT story that focues on Leo, without forgetting his brothers and I think you've done a wonderful job of that. Far to often I've read stories that focused far to heavily on the main character while forgetting the rest or tried to even it out to much and it felt like there wasn't a true main character. This story isn't even kind of like that and I love you've managed to focus on his brothers just enough to be interesting and give a break from Leo without making their parts to long or boring. The pairing is wonderful, I have never even thought about Karai as a mate for Leo but after this I honestly can't picture him with anyone else. The intimate parts of the story were just lemony enough to be good without crossing into the "just another smut scene" area. The more mature and darker tone of the story fits very well to me as my favorite turtles are the classic mirage era where they were more "human" than mascot for kids like the 80s turtles. I guess what I'm trying to say in my own weird hard to follow way is that there is quite literally nothing about your story that I don't like and that it is an amazing work of fiction.
RedWritingRebel chapter 8 . 5/30/2013
""I'm a regular hero tonight, he though sourly."" Understatement of the century, Raphie-boy. ;)

So... I'm trying to rack my brains for a new way to say how awesome you are and how much I love your writing and how much I'm enjoying this story... but they all seem rather stale. The best way is sometime the simplest, right? :D
This is just awesome. Unfortuately, I'm going to have to peel myself away from it until later. *sigh* Reality needs to be slugged over the head with a bat. LOL.
RedWritingRebel chapter 7 . 5/30/2013
Oh, chills. Again. DX
I'm crying for Karai and wanting to strangle Leo at the same time... it's usually the other way around.
The depth of Karai's character continues to grow with each chapter, SS, the backstory you've plotted has me actually feeling for Karai. Like, wanting to reach into my computer screen, pull her out, and give her a hug.
And Leo, dammit. If I were Raph... well, on second thought, if Raphael wasn't injured, Leonardo would have more than a bloody lip right now. Seriously, he gets injured protecting him and then Leo repays him by shoving him into a wall. 'da hell?!
My last review made more sense than this one, sorry about that. Just rage and empathy don't really mix well with little ol' me. :)
You are awesome, SS!
RedWritingRebel chapter 6 . 5/30/2013
The epicness of this has just stolen my coherency... you've been warned.

Now, that was perhaps the most intense, frustrating, tear-jerking, badass thing I've ever read! XD Omigosh, switching between that freaking amazing fight scene to that passionate but impossible moment between Leo and Karai, it... my brain is in too many places right now. Here, I'll make a list!

Point one, that fight scene between Raph and the elite took me to the edge of my seat, had me drooling, feeling like I was there, and literally gasping aloud! I mean, I could see it all happening in my mind's eye, and oh gosh! Just incredible. I'm fan-girling for crying out loud! Me?! *applauds*

Point two, Karai teasing Leo in the beginning with the towel... and then the kiss, it's like, just when I think I know what to expect, you turn me on my head. All rationalizing is just sent right out the window. And since I can't anticipate anything, everything that happens hits me like a sucker punch. You can't steel yourself against something you never see coming, hence my current state. ;)

Point three, Leo... aw, that's one thing I've always loved about him. His noble ways. Such a little gentleman, he did the right thing. Though I feel a little... flustered for him. Like... it's almost cruel, a big make out scene that is clearly leading to something more and, once again, the rug comes out and all expectations crash and burn. Yet, it's BETTER that way. That tension is what is going to have me clicking that 'Next' button to read the next chapter. Right now.

There is so much more I want to say, but *bites nails* I must know what happens next! And I must know now!
LOVE YOUR WRITING, SS! This chapter has official filed this story into my favorites!
RedWritingRebel chapter 5 . 5/30/2013
"Damn. This keeps gettin' better and better," he said. *Nods wildly in agreement* This is awesome! I can't wait to see how you weave this plot out. Absolutely incredible story, SS! And that's coming from someone who really doesn't like romance. XD
RedWritingRebel chapter 4 . 5/30/2013
Man, Leo is a terrible liar. But I must say, albeit meekly, that I was glad to see mr. Perfect get some tough love. I'm a huge Raph fan and, although I love Leo too, seeing their roles reversed was priceless. :)
And wow... I've always, and I mean ALWAYS, hated Karai. In the 2k3 series and in the 2k12 series, but I must say... some how you are making me like her. Or at least feel for her. After all, the show doesn't go into any dark emotional past, it just shows her to be a rebel. So I really must applaud you on the depth you've created here.
BTW, when you write in Karai's POV, I swear I hear her in my head. Spot on! XD
RedWritingRebel chapter 3 . 5/30/2013
Well, I happen to love the title! XD But maybe that's just because I've never heard the song...
Anyways, great job on this chapter. I love Karai's reaction when she wrote up, no matter how much a 'thank you kiss' might have been interesting, her being angry was in character. :)
Bravo!
Zarius chapter 20 . 5/29/2013
Stirring, emotional, heartbreaking, very bold and everyone is in character while leaving a lot of room for adult subject matter...rarely in fanfic works do we see someone really handle Karai's more ruthless side and it comes out in a very brutal and clear cut way. Fantastic and touching story.
RedWritingRebel chapter 2 . 5/9/2013
Yes, Leo, what are you doing? ...Falling in love with an enemy. *face palm* Yet, I find myself rooting for the possible romance. ;)
BTW, you wrote Karai's character perfectly. I could hear her in my head, and see her, and was a little spooked by that... You're just incredible.
RedWritingRebel chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Holy heck! That first paragraph noosed me with its marvel. XD
I swear, I'm nearly drooling over it right now... what a great first chapter, SS. I adore your writing style, as I've said before, and I can't wait to read how this develops.
And LOL, the way Mike woke Leo up, I felt like I was just hit by ice water myself. I had no idea it was a dream, seriously, my mouth had just dropped open when Karai kissed Leo and then... well, you get the point. ;)
Until next time,
Brooke Thomas chapter 22 . 5/7/2013
Wonderful, I've loved this story! I was tearing up at the end which was just right. Another part would be amazing, if you were going to do that I'd def be reading. Thank you for such a great read. :)
Brooke Thomas chapter 16 . 5/7/2013
No Leo don't listen! Aw this is getting nail biting! I love how evil your Shredder is, he is as fearsome as he should be, over the top? A touch, but that's not a bad thing for a villain of his reputation. Really enjoying your take on all this, it's great.
Awesomemuffin342 chapter 20 . 5/6/2013
Loved this story! I couldn't stop reading! I stayed up till 3am one night reading it XD but to me it feels like you kind of forget about Karia's broken wrist at points...
Brooke Thomas chapter 9 . 5/4/2013
Wow! Very powerful stuff! I feel a bit choked up myself. You've made the vulnerability very real for both of them and poor Leo, he really hasn't asked for much. Excellent chapter SS :)
325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »