Reviews for The Tender Trap
betwixtful chapter 5 . 9/8/2014
when reading that scene with karai and leonardo on the rooftop i had to keep pausing both from the romance of that scene, and also because they were being watching! like when karai mentions raphael to make leonardo jealous.. and raph is there listening! i want these two to be happy together.
betwixtful chapter 4 . 9/8/2014
why is karai so scared of going back to boarding school? did something awful happen to her there. leonardo's punishment was felt visceral to me, and karai's was cruel. i liked the part where she thought of leonardo to comfort her. that was nice to read.
betwixtful chapter 3 . 9/8/2014
i didn't expect karai to get so angry, but the reasons why made sense. and i like how angry karai can get leoanardo.
betwixtful chapter 2 . 9/8/2014
good fight scenes. i liked the part where leonardo got distracted by karai's perfume. how he reacts to his attraction to her both here and in the show is cute. haha. i'm grateful i found this story completed.
betwixtful chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
i already like it. though i'm apprehensiveness of the tragic aspect of the story. i don't like romance that's too effusive, but i want the characters i like to make it to the end alive and for the most part okay. i'm glad i found this story.
onepiecelawfan chapter 22 . 8/30/2014
raises hand
it would be interesting of karai was pregnant and the child looked human
Taylor chapter 22 . 8/14/2014
This has been really intriguing...Can't wait to start reading part Two! Excellent Writing!
LoveLeonardo538 chapter 22 . 8/6/2014
Wow, such a deep story. Great Job. 5 stars. The ending really leaves someone with a broken heart for their complicated romance.
Guest chapter 9 . 8/4/2014
Org even though it's not real, its still scary to see Splinter like that. Poor Leo :( :(
Guest chapter 22 . 7/23/2014
Please make a part two. To be honest, the ending disappointed me. Leo deserved better than that.
RedWritingRebel chapter 22 . 6/28/2014
Loved it. Loved it more than my heart could take. Have to say that, right off the bat, because it's the most honest thought I have on this story. I am, by no means, a fan of romance; but this swept me off my feet and made me feel in way few stories ever succeed in making feel. Hopeful. Anguished. Connected to the characters with an empathy so deep it became an ache; yet unable to distance myself from them, no matter what turn the story took. And the twists in this tale were great and many. More times than I care to admit, I gasped aloud, then glanced about to make sure no strange stares were cast my way. But public image be damned; the poignant nature of this fic made it impossible for me to /not/ react.
And then it lingered. Even though it took me a shamefully long while to finish this fic, I must say it crossed my mind often.
And I'll have to say: I hate Karai. I've said it before; I disliked her the moment she made her appearance in the 2k3 series. But YOU. You somehow made me not only like her, but feel for her. I've cried for her, thanks to you. Never before has that happened... and I'd like to thank you for making me see the character in a different light. The depth you gave her is a testament to the wonderful writer you are. You don't just have a talent for the written arts, you have a heart for it, and it bleeds into the lines of every work.
Moreover, I tend to only read Raph-centered fics. And yet, here I've sat for 72, 597 words, engrossed in a Leo-centered tale. That says a lot. I mean, I love all of the boys, and Leo has always been number two in my book, but holding an interest in a story about him that's longer than a few thousand words has never really happened. Until now. :)
You are my favorite writer on this site. I admire your writing a great deal. Thank you for sharing such a breathtaking and thoughtful story, SS. Your love for these characters show in every word, even the cruellest of them.
Your fan til the end,
Red Writing Rebel
RedWritingRebel chapter 21 . 6/28/2014
My mind cannot grasp this chapter. April's getting married? Poor Don. Poor, poor Don.
That talk with Splinter was so heartbreaking. All I want to do right now is hug Leo and, ya know, pretend all this never happened. But gosh, this story is so good! So so so so so amazing and heart-wrenching and deep and beautiful and tragic.
You never disappoint, Seeker. Even when I sob over your stories, I enjoy them absurdly much.
RedWritingRebel chapter 20 . 6/28/2014
*goes cries in corner*
I really thought I was gonna get through this one without needing tissues, SS. But gosh, that final line has me choked. The feels are overwhelming. I remember wanting to say something about the rest of the story, ya know, cause that'd be the obvious thing to do... but *wipes eyes* I just can't focus pass the heartbreak!
*gathers up turtles and hides in corner* Give me a minute... I'll read on briefly. :')
RedWritingRebel chapter 19 . 6/28/2014
Amazing chapter! Just-gosh, I can't take it! The heart ache is contagious, and I'm afraid I have a fatal case. DX
No, but really, excellent job on this. The emotions were so eloquently expressed, from Splinter to Karai to Don. I love this story.
And man, I hope Leo will be okay after this trauma. :'(
RedWritingRebel chapter 18 . 6/28/2014
Gosh, I'm shaking right now. The intensity of this chapter is unmatched! Several times I stopped breathing; I mean, you just packed so much... what's the word? Anticipation isn't quite right. Suspense, maybe? Whatever, you packed it into this chapter to the point where I fully forgot everything except the words before me and ones that await. There were so many good scenes here. Like the Don/April confusion; gosh, just tell the damn boy how ya feel! It's painful to watch Don grasp at the hope of one day being with her.
The Father/Daughter moment in the elevator got me in the heart. Not because is was some feel good family moment, ha far from it. But Karai's plea, and then resolve... just really got me. Wow, words are failing me here, again... didn't see that coming. *sarcasm*
Anyways, I'm determined to finish this fic today, so onwards I go!
320 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »