Reviews for Pity the Living
guest chapter 8 . 8/5
Disgusting story; to coin a phrase, "with no redeeming social value."
guest chapter 5 . 8/5
You seem to hover gleefully over the torture, extending it far beyond what it takes to establish either character or situation. I do hope this isn't how the whole thing will run.
Lucinda Hindle chapter 10 . 6/9/2017
You really have it in you for writing, don't you? You end your stories in heavily veiled cliffhangers, though I think most people don't give it a thought. That single teardrop may easily have been mine this time too if I hadn't been reading this story for the third time.
cmfisher chapter 10 . 9/19/2016
I know you wrote tho years ago, but I would love to see a sequel, even if it is one chapter to see how Harry and Severus are doing. The way you left it, Harry might take his own life. He still has his wand.
I read a story where Hermione told Harry she was tired of all the 'drama' so she asked Harry to leave her alone for one year. She wanted a normal year. Harry ended up in a accident on his broom. She would not visit him until her studies was finished and he died before she made it there. She went home and put her wand next to her head and said reducto. That has stuck to me ever since.
Now thinking of Harry with having his wand makes me think of that scene.
Love your stories
Danny for Jesus chapter 2 . 5/26/2015
I think Harry should call Severus papa
Hushhush16 chapter 10 . 12/20/2014
It was a good story, but that don't mean I enjoyed the torture that they went through... No offence, but maybe you should try writing happier stories? Other than that, it was a good story, and you should up the good work, even if these genre's suit you, I still recommend that you should try something happier. Anyway, best if luck in the future, and I look forward to reading more of your stories. Status: Not logged in atm
painful good chapter 10 . 12/4/2014
I would like to see a sequel. You write well!
It is disturbing to me that you know, so clearly, the effects of abuse on one's psychology. The transgressions against your characters have been brutal, and your character's reactions seem to be commensurate with that of a milder form of abuse (in this story), however, I feel firmly that your ability to commiserate with what you have written seems more than just academic. I hope that you will not take offense that I say, however you came by this knowledge, I am sorry. I hope that it is just a natural empathic ability on your part. If not, please know that I think it is the highest and most pure artistic talent that can take raw pain and form something beautiful.
If you are 'writing out your demons' (so to speak) and though "fan-fic" may not be (so-called) "high art" you should know that you are doing much like Picasso did many years ago. Many may disagree, but I believe this is about hope.
Mudblood Slytherin and Proud chapter 7 . 9/8/2014
Noooo, Harry! Why didn't you think and realise it's not Severus, that someone could obtain memories and information some other way! Sad he doesn't realised but this is an amazing story, favouriting now!
Mudblood Slytherin and Proud chapter 5 . 9/8/2014
Ooooh... this is spine-tinglingly thrilling, very well-written cruciatus and confused/ pleading Harry. Good for Harry to work out it isn't Severus. What has happened to him? Can't wait to find out more, very well-written and gripping plot so far.
The Dark One Rising chapter 10 . 8/1/2014
That was an incredibly sad yet somewhat satisfying ending.
The Dark One Rising chapter 9 . 8/1/2014
What ever possessed you to write something so mind-numbingly disturbing?
The Dark One Rising chapter 8 . 8/1/2014
Why are you even writing this? Also, I'm glad you didn't go into much detail with the last scene.
The Dark One Rising chapter 7 . 8/1/2014
I can't decide which is worse: the physical torture or the emotional/mental torture?
The Dark One Rising chapter 6 . 8/1/2014
This is so sick and twisted. Why am I reading this?
The Dark One Rising chapter 5 . 8/1/2014
So, Severus has a sick and twisted brother. Is he an older or younger brother?