Reviews for Eskimo Kisses
I am SO happy that you have updates this (I know that was a year ago but whatever). It's such a delightful story! I love it so much! I hope that you plan to continue this tale because I'm DYING to read some more of it (seriously). I've read all of your other lotr stories; and, can I say "wow." You have such a talent for writing! Please, please continue to do so if not in this story, then in others. I enjoy it immensely, and I know others do as well. Well done, my friend!
Kay chapter 2 . 1/5
Pretty please finish this story! You left it on a cliffhanger and I want to see everyone's reactions!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/26/2014
This is a lovely story. I am utterly in love with your Estel and would like to read more! Please continue?
Cassie chapter 2 . 8/19/2014
Please update this story soon I really enjoy it.
NightmareCryPieNix chapter 2 . 5/2/2014
:D Continue this, please! I truly like it. Lil' Estel is adorable!
Omi-Yang chapter 2 . 4/13/2014
Hi! I have enjoyed your story so far and look forward to your updates! XD

In regards to what you have said about the persona Legolas displays in the Hobbit, I would like to take this opportunity to share with you my view on it, in case you are interested.

1) In the Lord of the Rings, Legolas is not in his realm, whereas in the Hobbit, he is. As I am sure anyone does, he may act much stricter and such in his realm, among those he is the prince of and who matter more to him. In Imladris, he is still a prince, but not of the family that rules that land, nor is he among those he must be strong for no matter what.

2) Imladris has a more open, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere in accordance to its status as a sanctuary. Mirkwood, however, is a land constantly besieged and can little afford to be as friendly as Imladris.

3) I know my persona is much more somber and reserved in the presence of my parents then anyone else. Legolas may also do as such, especially with how strict his father comes across as.

4) As I understand it, dwarves and elves have hated each other since the First Age because of the Silmarilli. Dwarves killed an Elf King. The elves retaliated and decimated the dwarves. The dwarves that survived escaped to their kin, whom then ransacked the elven city. So, like Legolas hated Gimli (and visa versa) at the start of the Fellowship, so he is going to hate all dwarves. Seeing how Legolas has interacted in some way with the dwarves (or orcs whom he also hates) in almost all of his scenes, the audience doesn't really see much of his character besides his hate and how rash it makes him. Also, in Lord of the Rings, he had to tolerate the other characters due to the setting and circumstance. In the Hobbit, he doesn't.

5) A lot of Legolas' character came out in the "down time" between battles in Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit so far has been battle and business back to back. No time, really, for anything other than seriousness, especially since he is not really a main character in the Hobbit.

I had some more, but I didn't want to come off as lecturing or something. Personally, I am using the Hobbit persona given to us as fodder on how Legolas behaves when angry or interacting with his father. I am also completely ignoring that female OC elf introduced, since she came across as a Mary Sue, and cannonicly, Legolas doesn't have a love interest (possibly do to being young in terms of elf time. i.e.: Just not interested, and later because of the Sea Calling). Hopefully we will see more of his character in the last Hobbit XD.

Sorry, if you didn't like what I had to say. I like to share my opinion since occasionally it helps other people out.

Awaiting your updates with baited breath,

Omi Yang
Bloody Lord chapter 2 . 4/8/2014
I like this story very much! It's very good!:) Please update soon because I want to read this more and soon! So keep up writing! :D
KsiezycowyCukier chapter 2 . 4/2/2014
I love it! Please update soon :)
Aka-Baka Hoshi chapter 2 . 3/29/2014
Yay! I like it! Do you have any idea when the next chapter will be ready?
Cascade of Rain chapter 2 . 3/16/2014
This is such a great story. Estel is absolutely adorable, the plot is so sweet, and it is just so wonderfully written. I'm glad to see that you're still writing Lotr fanfiction. I hope you update soon, this story is absolutely precious.
not paranoid enough chapter 2 . 3/4/2014
Lovely story! I hope you keep posting-I'd love to see what happens :D
Guest chapter 2 . 3/4/2014
This is great. I cannot wait to se Legolas' reaction when he discovers just who's been keeping him company!
erindolphin91 chapter 2 . 1/24/2014
Argh, the fluff!

Seriously, this is so beyond cute its not true. I love the characterisations here.

Good grammar and structure in addition. Hope to read a new chapter soon!
Sleepyreader13 chapter 2 . 1/24/2014
You always amaze me with your writing. I thought I was prepared for whatever you were going to give us via this chapter, but I was wrong. You've done an absolutely remarkable job with this, and I can't wait to read more.

I can't wait for Legolas to find out whom has left such a mark on him. That's gonna be one lovely interaction.

X Sleepy
Gratia Astra chapter 2 . 1/23/2014
First order of business: *SHRIEK!* I know, I know! Legolas is SO different in Desolation of Smaug! He's colder, a bit harder. It's absolutely thrilling to see, because it's just solid evidence that SOMETHING *insert suspicious Dunedain here* happened to change him. I'm not sure what to make of Tauriel, since Peter seems to have made her Legolas' love interest. But I seem to recall that in the official Lord of the Rings archives Legolas actually had a daughter at some point, so I'm not sure I'm allowed to argue the point. But anywheys. I personally do not mind which personality you decide to follow, but I love this one so far.
Second: To be honest, when I first read this story, I didn't realize that it was only the beginning chapter. I mistakenly labeled it as a one shot and forgot about it. Then I saw the update, and I went Whaaat?! After having read this chapter, I can see it's just going to be another one of those epic multi-chapter stories that I have to read again and again and again.
Third (my actual review of this chapter): It totally makes sense that Estel wouldn't have introduced himself the night before. But I'm a little curious now. Why doesn't Legolas figure out that the little kid (who is not in his own room, and therefore not where he should be) might be the missing Estel? He's certainly intelligent enough to make the connection eventually, right? Is he just distracted by his still-turbulent emotional state, or just not bothering to think about it? Also, doesn't he wonder why there's a human child in the Last Homely House? Did he not think to ask his visitor's name at SOME POINT once they got out of bed? I've had my share of searching for lost siblings, and wouldn't Elladan or Elrohir have started their search pattern by investigating every room near Estel's bedroom first? Estel definitely heard an elf or two call his name, why doesn't he tell Legolas who he is? And that "hunter" (a proper jerk, great job on his rotten personality by the way!), did he recognize who Legolas was holding? If he did, will he inform Elrond or just ignore the frantic searching going on? I mean, the two of them together are absolutely adorable and I was mentally going "AAWWW!" the entire time I was reading. But this chapter is throwing up a ton of questions for me.
On the flip side, I'm so excited to get everyone's reactions once all the confusion is cleared up. I've got this scene in my head where Elrond, Glorfindel, Erestor, Elladan and Elrohir have all met up in the library or somewhere to compare notes on what's been searched already and where the little lost human might be. Then Legolas walks in *innocent as snow and totally oblivious to the panic* with Estel in his arms. Elladan and Elrohir just rush towards him, relieved and a bit frustrated with their brother, meaning only to grab him and hug him and maybe scold him a little for scaring them. But Legolas *still blissfully ignorant* jumps out of their, holding Estel out of reach from their madness. The twins crash on the floor and Legolas demands to know what's gotten into them. Estel laughs at his brothers, Legolas puts two and two together, and Elrond figures out what happened before everyone else does. That's probably not how you're planning to do it, but I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Fourth (wow this is long, I need to shut up, don't I?): You're so mean to end it there! Please update as soon as possible so Elrond can stop worrying and Legolas can get back to recuperating and I can stop thinking about how it's all going to end.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »