Reviews for leave the dust behind
Prevouslyknownasxocrazililkelo chapter 2 . 4/8
I really enjoyed . Caroline and Klaus are alot more alike then she may think their both insecure and have daddy issues and I like how how Klaus touches on her issues with Elena about her old insecurities.
primadonna001 chapter 2 . 3/8
most favourite fic of all time.
SeriouslySerious chapter 2 . 11/1/2013
Totally into this, especially that last line. Know it can be hard writing Klaus' POV but I thought you did a good job.
AlwaysHoldingOn chapter 2 . 10/23/2013
Your fanfics just make me go into fangirl mode and then just flailing, swooning, it is just so damn awesome each chapter has this pull on me and I just loved the way she asked him how could she ever love him, and gosh the way you write Klaus is so damn perfect I can't even begin. AWESOME FANFIC
klovec chapter 2 . 6/13/2013
sigh...I'm in love with your talent.
CBK1000 chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
'Love is pain and sacrifice—but Klaus is sure, there has to be more to it, hasn't it? Otherwise no one would ever bother with the fall.' How true is this, particularly the last line? And how appropriate a thought for Klaus, showing just how little experience he has with this particular emotion, just how little he understands it.

Since reading Mardi Gras I've found myself curious as to how you would handle Klaus' perspective, so I'm glad I happened to stumble across this recommendation on a random tumblr blog. (Can't even remember whose now, I browse so many of them.) I think you did just fine, and Klaus' POV is an intimidating one (or at least I find it to be so). He's so complex, so layered, so broken- it's hard to do that any sort of justice, but I felt his longing here, and his uncertainty for all these new feelings his little blonde distraction is eliciting in him. A thousand years, and how little he understands sometimes, hmm?

It's time for a shower and bed right now, so I'll save the second part of this for later, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm also really looking forward to the 17th chapter of Mardi Gras; I have the first sixteen chapters uploaded to my e-reader, so those I've read through, and I thought that's all there was to the story for the moment, and then I noticed that you'd uploaded the 17th chapter already, which means I'll have something to keep me company tomorrow at work. The only problem with reading it, however, is that it always puts me in the mood to write more Klaroline fics, and I'm back to working on something else for the moment. (You and the finale are almost entirely to blame for my Klaroline feels and therefore the latest one-shot.)

Anyway. I look forward to more, as always.
Maiqu20 chapter 2 . 4/7/2013
Amazing
LDR chapter 2 . 3/29/2013
Don't do this to me! Just don't! (No, do it.) You are literally making it harder for me to breathe oxygen. Oh my God, this is just perfect, flawless, awe-inspiring and did I mention perfect? Goddamn it, how do you write? Like it's like you have magical spell to make all your fic so impeccably good. This line from Rebekah totally I think sums up Klaroline's relationship (if Caroline gave him the chance):

"If you are going to take my place by his side, Caroline, then you must know that it's forever," Rebekah warns her, crying into her pillow. "You'll love him just as hard as you hate him now, perhaps even harder."

I love it. It's not lovey-dovey relationship but that is Klaroline and it is so unique. But seriously I would have to post the whole fic in order to tell you my favourite parts. This is a gem. Really. So I tried to break it down but here it is:

"You have it all figured out, don't you?"

"I spent a thousand years in the dark, Caroline, and it came the time when I thought that I wouldn't make it through another day, love."

"It's not dark anymore, Caroline," he murmurs. "There is light now."

And how you laid out Caroline's honest fear of being together with Klaus was spot on. Bravo. I swear you are Caroline Forbes haha. And the arrogant Klaus at the end, making me smile while I look like I'm gonna cry. I look like a douche but my heart is so full like any second it's gonna burst! Thank you for writing. xx
LDR chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Klaroline road trip? Um. Yes please! I love how Caroline affects Klaus so much and it was so interesting to read your fics from Klaus' POV. So you write perfect Caroline's POV but you write great Klaus' POV too. You talented person! This was a great read. And the fact that it has more than one chapter make me very happy. The way Klaus cares for Caroline is so cute. My favourite line from this chapter is:

"We soft-hearted fools have the bad habit of refusing to let go of the people that we love."

Sigh. Touché, Caroline. Touché. xx
thefrenglishgirl chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
First, I'm very sorry I haven't reviewed this part sooner.

This part was as good as the first one. I just love how nothing you write is predictable and how it's always beautiful, funny, clever and vivid.

Your writing never disappoints. I like how you stay true to Klaus' complexity: a devil with a soul. That's what I love about your writing, I feel like I'm following the characters, not "made-up" ones, if you know what I mean. To me, there's no difference between TVKlaus and your FFKlaus: they're one and the same.

When Caroline says that she fears that one day she won't care anymore about what he's done, how he is... I truly believe that's why Caroline was so virulent when she confronted him (before he bit her). I think she was horriffied by Carol's murder but, above all, she was reminded that Klaus was, well, Klaus. I think what horriffied her was how easily she could go past his actions, how easily she could lose herself. And, in a way, it was her lashing out at him because she was hurt by his actions, because by hurting Carol, it was her that he was hurting ("How could you do that to Carol? To Tyler? To me?" It's really about her.).

Caroline is not ready to love Klaus, but - as he said - I'm confident he will find a way. ;)

As much as I hate the idea of a spin-off without Caroline, I think that they're endgame. And this newfound optimism is all thanks to you! So thank you, Lenina! :D

- Sam
naojv chapter 2 . 2/23/2013
Dying-

This was everything I wanted it to be. I wish I could pull every little thing that I loved from that, and put it here, so you could know how many details and words I hung on. I loved the unconventional structure - it was refreshing and challenging and beautiful. I wish I could capture it and keep it and steal it from you, it's so unique. You're so gifted, I'm sure you know.

The characters were so perfectly themselves. It was so easy to get lost in. When personalities don't quite match properly or characters' actions don't quite reason with them, you can't completely lose yourself in a fic, you always have reality in your peripherals - not so, here. So seamlessly slipped into this, like it was playing in my own mind, but with your amazing words to guide me.

The whole thing feels meticulously proofread, and flawless - except, the last line, it says "she assures her" instead of he. Just a little thing - didn't even notice it at first, so it didn't take away from the excellent ending. Think I may have teared up a little. We shall not speak of it! :)
chillwithJyl chapter 2 . 2/21/2013
OH MY GOD THAT WAS FANTASTIC!
AgathaN chapter 2 . 2/21/2013
I'm glad that Rebekah took the cure. Loved Klaus and Caro too in this chap!
Just-LiveLaughLove chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
This was epic! Truly loved Klaus and Rebekah ,entwining in this. Reminds us, that family certainly is above all.
thehybridmikaelson chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
This is perfect and I love it.