Reviews for Like Tea and Coffee
T. Herondale chapter 4 . 9/12
IWasNeverReal chapter 18 . 10/21/2014
Morttheghost chapter 9 . 8/28/2014
Hello, me again!
I apologise in advance for this, but once my OCD takes hold, it doesn't stop. It's almost like I'm schizophrenic...
Anyway, you referenced a 15 year old freshman in this chapter, as well as quarters. Sadly, neither exist In the UK. School starts at 5 and is split into 'primary' (ages 5-11 (years 1-6)) and 'secondary' (ages 12-16(years 7-11)). Beyond that is 6th form ( ages17-18) and then university (college? I dunno), so a 15 year old would be in her 4th year at secondary, year 10.
Also, we take exams in lump groups at the end of a 2 year course, and only a few exams have modules (bits you do at other times). So people would start a course in year ten, (or lower year of sixth), and take an exam at the end of year 11 (or upper year of 6th)
Sorry for the lecture. I honestly can't help it. I hope that wasn't patronising or too complicated (I cut most of it out- this is just bare bones basic)
This is still really good! Keep up with it please!
Morttheghost chapter 5 . 8/28/2014
I like the story so far, the characters seem realistic and believable in their setting. I'm interested to see what will happen next.
Just one note. You described matt as having "rippling muscles" or something, citing him as a fencer. Fencing does not give you rippling muscles, but rather a Lithe body and legs, like a mid distance runner, with ridiculously deformed arms (foil arm far more developed than the other) unless mart is ambidextrous, he should just look strange.
Sorry for the rant, but I like fencing and do it often, and that's what has happened to everyone I know
Still, aside from that, excellent fic!
Guest chapter 18 . 8/25/2014
Hell. Yes.
Guest chapter 15 . 6/28/2014
Guest chapter 18 . 5/28/2014
I really like how this made it full circle. Interesting concept. I was surprised by how much more girly deryn was but it was rather required given the plot. Over all great story!
WolfishMoon chapter 18 . 4/21/2014
GAAAAAH! So beautiful. Makes me wanna cry! So good to see this again.
Clevingerrr chapter 18 . 4/3/2014
Well, I got to hand it to you: you took a potentially disastrous and cliche'd idea, and made it into an enjoyable, heartwarming, and downright clever story! Even though I'm not much of a fan of the High School AU type of fanfiction, this one was rather intelligent, and didn't give into the excessive self-inserting or the awkwardly-written dialogue that plagues those types of stories. For an alternate universe, Deryn and Alek still kept in character, and it was nice to see Newkirk and Fitzroy get some development as well. The incorporation of the steampunk elements of the Leviathan series as names and mascots was pretty well-done, although at times it was a bit forced (such as Nikola Tesla being alive in 2013, and not existing in his own time). Also, the fencing scenes were vividly detailed, and clearly showed personal experience with the sport (or a good amount of research).

It's a shame I didn't discover this story until now. It breaks the mold of Alternate Universe fanfictions, and is flat-out better written than most high school novels in stores (I'm looking at you, The Fault in our Stars, aka my most overrated book of last year). In my opinion: you have a knack for writing character interactions and drama, so keep at it and never get discouraged!
rowenaphantomhive chapter 18 . 4/2/2014
Oh. My. God. That was absolutely amazing my heart is in my throat you have no idea Just, wow. I'll definitely be checking out your other work. This was fantastic.
thestral.rider chapter 18 . 3/31/2014
you cannot expect that to be enough! please please give us more in A Bit of Tailoring PLEAASSE!
Palimon chapter 18 . 3/31/2014
Yay Alek came back
Xcizer chapter 18 . 3/30/2014
Might am happy you ended it like this. I really have nothing to say other than :) and good luck with your next fanfiction.