Reviews for Knowledge is Power
Potgenie chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Wow... this is a pretty cool take on the Kaizer. It's a bit scary, like a Split Personality Disorder... but kinda cool! And I LOVE your summary! :)
the7joker7 chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Impressive enough...though I wonder if you intend to go anywhere with this. That is, is this fic leading somewhere, to some greater, larger plot.

I'm not in complete agreement with what you have done with Ken's post-kaiser persona, but that's entirely opinion. People change as they get older, I know this better than anyone else, given the fics I write.

So good potential...you certainly can write. Which, to me, is the most important part of the fic. When you are capable of writing, any plotline or story can be carried effectively.
LoveSovereign chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
Ken doing flips 'cause someone helped his get a perfect score... ha ha ha... okay ... I would have hugged the person until their eyes popped out of their head, but, hey, that's me!
heath 999 chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
Really good story!
Cneko chapter 1 . 8/11/2002
Hey look...she finally got around to posting it. _

*weeps with joy over the bit about unrecognizable kanji* Oh! You do listen to my rants about japanese class! You do! *mutters bitterly about having the literacy level of a japanese 1st grader*

One thing though, From everything I've ever seen, Hajime is a given name, not a family name. So...wouldn't it be kind of rude of Ken to be calling his teacher by his given name? Just a thought. However, I could be wrong about the family name thing not actually being japanese myself 'n all.
Scythers chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
I rarely do this unless something really catches my eye, so don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way. This is a touch of constructive criticism for your story:

First of all, I didn't notice any striking grammatical errors. You missed a period in paragraph seven, but that was more likely than not accidental. You also missed a comma somewhere towards the bottom. However, I would like to point out one thing you did repeatedly that can be changed (and will make it seem to flow much nicer, even if it's only a quiet stumble to someone who's looking for it). Take this excerpt for example:

"Two people had passed the test, and Ken had not been one of them. The teacher cleaned his glasses on the edge of the shirt. Then he began to write the day's notes on the board, his voice taking on the droning quality of a lecture."

Starting off a sentence with "then" is appropriate, of course, but it seems to make it .. stutter, I suppose. I - personally - learned that it was best to combine the preceding sentence with "and" because it always seemed to mesh nicer. It would become this:

"The teacher cleaned his glasses on the edge of the shirt, [and then] he began to write the day's notes on the board, his voice taking on the droning quality of a lecture."

You did this a few times (twofour, since I can't recall correctly). That's all FYI.

Overall, the style of writing was very, very nice. The Kaiser monologue at the end just didn't seem to "go" as nicely as it could have had it been an introductory prelude (that would leave the audience wondering what was going on and thrive to finish the story; complete the picture). Had this been planned as a one-shot, it would have also fit well as an epilogue. All in all, it was still good despite it ending a touch on the abrupt side. Of course, who is to say the Kaiser likes to play with the rules, ne?

And now .. we get into some of the nitty-gritty that bothered me that's away from style and grammar: the way Ken's personality was portrayed. It was to my understanding, by watching canon (I've only seen the dub, mind you), that post-Kaiser Ken actually was none too concerned with how his progress at Tamachi went. This is exemplified by how, just before Ken was confronted by Daisuke at the river at sunset, Ken's math(?) teacher was overly concerned about how Ken wasn't putting as much effort as he once had into his work (*tests* especially). Ken's mind and cares were elsewhere. Given, Ken may have rebounded as time went on, but it just struck me as odd that a failing grade would distress him so much (drive him to the brink of his sanity that'd only be calmed by passing the next test, at least). It's never said whether or not he even remains in the TFC (soccer team) - captain or otherwise - despite his retaining of those "mad skillz" from his Kaiser days. It was also stated that the Dark Spore was the well in which his intelligence and talents were sprung, and Kaiser had been a mere side-effect of the darkness that tainted him at the same time (think Yamachi Noriko and her warped attitude - she was the first victim of Oikawa-Vamdemon's). In general, all of this struck me as more fitting of a *Pre-Kaiser* storyline .. where the Dark Spore is first starting to alter his mind and whatnot.

The next point is entirely based on whether or not you actually know: Kaiser, in the original version to my understanding, *did* know it wasn't a game; he was just a malicious bastard. Disregard that if you didn't know!

Wow, this is a long review. Anyway, in closing, I really did enjoy your story and the spin on things. I really hope you finish the next chapter soon so I can read it .. but I do understand how it feels to write dependent on weeks and years (since I'm the same way). Kudos!
DarkSakura IIDX chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
I have a few points, and please take this as constructive criticism.

First Point: I'm not the number one info source on Ken's personality, however I don't think you have portrayed him properly, as he was in the series post-Kaiser.

Second Point: The ending seems a bit abrupt, and could use a little more build up until that point is reached.

Third point: Ken's family name is not "Ichijoji", but "Ichijouji". On most texts where his name is written in kanji, the furigana reads "I-chi-jyou-ji". Where the "jouji" refers to "temple", if you change it to "joji", you'd be saying his family name means "One Schoolgirl" or "One Narration". It just doesn't work.

Other than those points, I thought your writing style works nicely, and that your future efforts will be worth reading if you take these points to heart. Thanks!
judy chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
D I hope you continue this! It's really cool! I love it so far! -
Allan Smithy chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Ken is such a deep and multi-faceted character, and this great story certainly does him justice. I guess some things will always be a part of you no matter how much you try to fight it. Maybe I'm just a sucker for well-done angsty reflection fics, I don't know. A WINNER IS YOU
Shutsumon chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
cool... very cool.

I hope this is not the end but the beginning
Shrine Maiden Kitty chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Oh! I like this! PLease continue!
KawaiiCookie chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
*faints* *wakes up* That was so cool! I love how you have it written, and your ending was brilliant. I'm usually not a big one for Ken fics, but this was very well done. )
Night Sky chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Well that was different. But I liked it, as it shows that part of the Digimon Emperor is still a part of Ken. *grins evily*
Cartoonangel79 chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Very well written. Is it a one shot piece or is there more to come?
Heaven's Angel chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Whoa, dude, that was...different. But cool. Keep going.