Reviews for Artificial Sweetener
pikachewy1 chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
This is a wonderful little one-shot. You nailed the core concept of real love versus superficial romance perfectly and the food analogy was a great way to deliver the message. Considering that it was about food, perhaps you could have delved more into Cilan's connoisseur-speak since that is part of his character. You also handled the characters' behavior very well; it made them seem like real people and enhanced the immersion into the story. It's a shame not many people found this story, I personally find it both entertaining and a good inspiration for writing romantic relationships. (if only all those novice writers who write the half-baked high school fics or immature smut stories read this, but I digress)
DeadFlash27 chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
I loved Dawns insight. Maybe a sequel where they do get together? Loved it though. May be my fav Pearlshippping fic who knows lol. 10/10
Poker chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
Really good
Infernapeblaze chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
I love it! This story is a nice change from all the cliché stories I see on FF. NET nowdays. *favorites*
LightRayPearlshipper chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Not one of those straight-out happy ending "I love you" stories, so I like it. Not too cheesy. Very contemplative and philosophical about the topic of love. This story can teach people a lot.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Nice one shot though feel for Dawn as. It seems Ash will never grow up
Guest chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Sweet love
New DCD chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Wait, I had read this a while back but I had not noticed it had no reviews. That's blasphemous! Your work is absolutely grand!

It has become my responsibility to correct this grievous injury.

I have to say, reading your previous works, I am impressed by how you play the relationship between Ash and Dawn (or Ash and Misty). The way you depict relationships feels...organic. I believe that's the best way to describe it. The friendship and romance feels natural and perfectly in character, and this particular piece perfectly reflects this: Ash is too concerned with being the best to even consider the possibility of romance, and Dawn knows this and accepts it. I also absolutely adore how the characters compared the romantic plots we often see in television with synthetic foodstuff: it is a rather fitting allegory. The fact that this was discussed with a girl as young as Dawn, who still believes in the fantasies inexperienced lasses dream of, makes it all the more effective.

Well, there's nothing more to say other than the fact I hope to see more of you soon!