Reviews for A New Arrival at Brandy Hall
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
I don't think with this story there was a fluff overdose, and I'm glad there wasn't too much... maybe much of that just came from Merry. As for your assumption of Frodo being at Brandy Hall, it was close to my guess and what I learned about Frodo's past, which I can relate to all too well. I had a feeling Frodo was overlooked at Brandy Hall, but perhaps even at Bag End and then after the quest, Frodo still remains overlooked by most of the Shirefolk, or underestimated or overestimated due to the Ring's destruction. Frodo being overlooked would still be considered canon, since he is different and set apart, in some ways, from most hobbits in the Shire and Buckland. Well, it's hard to fit in much of the canon from Frodo's time at Brandy Hall, but I'm glad some canon appeared in this story.

As for the story itself, it was nice to read a story focused on the Shire's ponies. Also, I hardly noticed the stablehand was an OMC, since the hobbit name and how he wasn't the central character (I'm glad he was an original male character, since fanfiction is already flooded with original female characters) he seemed like he already belonged there. Frodo, Merry, and perhaps Saradoc were in character, which helped keep this story staying as a gap-filler.

Nice work with this one-shot story. Mind if I put this story in my community?

-Aria Breuer
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I like how you describe Frodo and Merry meeting the new foal. I like stories that shows the quiet and peaceful life of the shire.
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I absolutely adore this! You have young Frodo and little Merry in absolutely perfect characterization, and your Saradoc is delightful.

I also like your OC stablehand!

I love stories about little Merry and young Frodo at Brandy Hall, and can't get enough of them!
PrairieDawn chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
You sound like you know your horses. Keep writing, fluffy or not...It's nice to find a fic I can read to my little girl now and then. YOu know, it might be interesting to have a separate rating category for stories that do not merely lack anything objectionable, but are actually intended for younger readers (or read alouds).