Reviews for The Dark and Winding Road
Rette chapter 1 . 3/14
I really hope you come back to this story, soon. I'm a huge fan of all your work especially this one. You balance great plots with original ideas while keeping the story from becoming stale or stagnant.
cztelnik chapter 4 . 1/19
Apprenticing is an old and almost forgotten practice but it used to form the base for any talented artist or ambitious person. Our world has lost knowledge in part due to lack of apprenticing but we've gained more with the internet and freedom to widely share information. Still there is a role of mentor that most crave to have and be as time rolls on. I hope you come back to this story someday, it delves into interesting psychology.
cztelnik chapter 3 . 1/19
Like that Snape talked to the Sorting Hat about Harry and the hunt to understand his motives for training Harry.
cztelnik chapter 2 . 1/19
Always thought Severus would have a bolt hole, several actually. Especially an espionage expert would have several retreats. Even if they didn't really expect to live through it, it would be out of character not to. Like your phraseology "shrinking down sixteen years of his life". It is such a great transition.
cztelnik chapter 1 . 1/19
Another dark fic! ")
Irissiell chapter 4 . 1/7/2014
It's very promising story, even if somewhat heavy in atmosphere. Your Snape is just so sexy. ;) I like that you delve into Harry's character, it shows in his reactions, questions and explore his intelligence, which was only hinted at in cannon.
I'm very curious about your version of Dark Magic and its history. I'm great fan of cultural and magical background of wizarding world. It has so much potential.
I liked, how Ginny was dismissed, I always though she was unsuitable for Harry.
I hope you'll update soon. This story shows great promise and I would be glad to read more.
Serpent91 chapter 4 . 1/6/2014
Well written! no mistakes that I could see. Well done
Rebecca chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
I normaly wait 'till the end of a story to review, but this time I made an exception. I liked the first chapter, and the story has a lot of potential. Your characterization of Snape seemed 'too nice' to me, but then I'm a big fan of 'snarky Snape' so my oppinion might be a bit biased. (I'm not sure if your characterizations are intended to be ooc or true to the books) I look forward to reading more.
GalynSolo chapter 4 . 1/1/2014
I love the twist that Draco did actually do the deed and now Snape and Harry are working together. I can't wait to see where this goes!
Ann Jinn chapter 4 . 1/2/2014
I really like how you are giving the two a chance to get to know each other and start to develop trust.
Dontgotaclue88 chapter 4 . 1/2/2014
If? lol! Love this more and more every chapter. :)
anyeshabaner chapter 4 . 1/2/2014
amazing story ..do update soon
Saint Snape chapter 4 . 1/1/2014
I think this may be the first FF I've read where when the events played out on the astronomy tower Severus wasn't the one to kill Dumbledore. Second I like that Harry is dark and Severus is going to try to bring that out in order to defeat Voldermort. That makes it an interesting story.

I also want to point out that most FF writers always make Severus's love for Lily platonic in order to pair him with Harry. I don't feel that is necessary. Why can't Severus be bi-sexual or just love whomever without regard to gender? I just don't feel like it's always necessary to make Severus gay. Why can't he have loved Lily and Harry? I see nothing wrong with that if he's not just trying to substitute Harry for Lily. Not trying to be critical of your story but I just like to point this out from time to time. :) Anyway, can't wait for more.
JezeBelDK chapter 4 . 1/1/2014
I really like this - so far so good!
Hope to read more :o)
Angelicalynn chapter 4 . 1/1/2014
Ohh this is good. You better keep this going! :)
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »