Reviews for Façade
Reinhart Fellow chapter 39 . 4/15
Hello KD,

First of all, I would like to say that I haven't made it a habit of mine to review things I read, even though I found them fantastic, but just this once, I would like to give my thoughts about this.

It's good that you make your own twists and plots on top of the canon one that still make sense, I especially like how you make Mitsuo and Adachi likable...well, at least relatable with supporting background stories that we can understand. Also kudos on making the personas becomes like a person, it's nice to see them being alive. That being said, I couldn't help but feel a bit dissapointed on how the plots develop regarding Yu's parents. As of now I am in ch 39, and the story ended with Yu's parents calling her Souji. Well, in my humble opinion, there should be more explanation on Yu's parents to justify them not remembering their child's gender and name. At first, the gender mistake can be attributed to her parents' carelessness, in other words, they know they have a daughter, but accidentally make the mistake by registering her as a male. However, calling Yu as Souji cannot be attributed to anything. Them being busy with work is not going to be enough reason for that unless there is enough background story to make the readers believe such a mistake is possible. I am not flaming you with this, but I urge you to think about plot hole as severe as this, especially with a plot that seems to be a major driver in this series.

It is my hope that you do not take this the wrong way or become discouraged, because I think you have the potential to develop your creativity more. However my advice is not to sacrifice reason for the sake of creativity.

Overall, good job on giving the characters depth and adding things that made the, otherwise, common plot becomes more interesting.

Sincerely,
Reinhart F
DeXM TIK chapter 30 . 4/14
What is nimono?
EliteofFalcon chapter 50 . 4/11
Oh my god. This is really good. Read this from start to this point in a couple days and easily one of my favorite fanfics of all time. Keep up the good work! :D
Vangran chapter 50 . 3/31
This story is great! I only recently got into Persona myself, cause for whatever reason I thought it was an overly feminine game, and by that I mean had no action. Now? I am quite happy I gave it a chance. I look forward to the next chapter.

I will admit I was hoping the reveal of Yu's gender would happen in a more comical fashion, but eh, there's still her uncle to consider, so I'll wait for the google-eyes from him.
I was a little daunted at the fifty chapters when I first found this, but it turned into a gold mine when I started reading it! I'm glad I started and have finally caught up! It took me a while though... I don't have much time on my hands, so I read this through an entire week. Anyway, I've been loving it, so I can't wait for what's next! Good luck with college btw!
Dragon Silhouette chapter 24 . 3/26
So I've only read up to this far (will continue later when I have time) and HOLY CRAP this is one of the best things I've read in a long time! I'm not even exaggerating!
The characterization, the background stories, the twists in the storyline and dungeons - they're not so different as to be jarring, but they're still fresh enough for me to not get bored. Wow!

I am so hooked.
Not to be rude, but you haven't updated in about a month, is this just an infrequent update schedule, or did something happen in real life?
DeXM TIK chapter 50 . 3/24
This is a amazing fanfic how often do you update?
Anime hotty lover.18 chapter 50 . 3/17
Oh please please please please update! I beg of you, this story is soooooo goood.! I've been reading it for a week and a half
Chimpy chimp chapter 49 . 3/12
While I did really like this chapter, as with every chapter, I think this is my least favourite one if only for the drunk shenanigans. Now I'm not gonna say they weren't funny, because they were fucking hilarious. But I don't know anyone who, in a life or death situation, would goof around that much even while drunk.

A good example of this is "The World's End". Probably the best case I've seen of characters being drunk and it still being a good scene. Even as the characters get more and more drunk throughout the film, they still know shit is messed up and their attention is sorely focused on it, the booze just severely hinders them in making smart decisions.

Here the goofing around kinda lessened the Shadow Rise fight. What was she just standing there as they made their dumb jokes? So yeah the goofing around was a bit silly, I mean it was fun but it did go overboard. I did very much like how Yukiko was acting though (which is a first for me because I HATE Yukiko with a burning passion) like when she was comforting Chie and saying her name over and over, because I have seen that play out a thousand times in real life.

Still a good chapter though :)
Chimpy chimp chapter 43 . 3/8
I have spent the past week, week and a half maybe, reading this entire fic. Every time I go to take a break I find myself coming back to this, its just so good! It adds so many dimensions to characters who I already loved and even made me like those I hated.

Halfway through Yukiko's S Link I began to just hate her and how dull she was, but the beginning of her S Link here is just amazing.

Kanji was already utterly fantastic and yet you made him even better. His introduction into this fic was so well done and you've done an amazing job of breaking the somewhat formulaic nature of the game when a new party member is introduced.

And Yosuke. My god I don't know where to begin with Yosuke, I'll be here forever if I do, so I'll just say this is the best Yosuke anyone has ever written. Also of all the different interpretations of Yu, this is the best I've ever seen.

I wanted to wait until I was fully caught up before I left a review saying how great this whole fic was, but what's the point in a review if I only bring up positives, though these aren't exactly negatives, just things I wish you'd expand on a bit more:

Chie's cutting problem. Its not just because of waifu-ness, but when I first read about Chie's problem and that you'd be going back to it, I was incredibly curious. I know a lot of people who have self harmed, and I know that while many have similar experiences, just as many (if not more) hurt themselves for way different reasons, with the causes varying widely. I trust when you do get to her S Link a bit more (since you mentioned doing every S Link in this fic, that it will be very well written as you haven't disappointed yet.

Mitsuo. I am so incredibly impressed with what you've done with Mitsuo but I have to point something out. Maybe this has already been covered in chapter 44 onward, but surely he and Yu have established a bond with each other, which should most definitely mean a social link.

Now yes, in the game he hasn't got a social link, and maybe there aren't any arcana left, I think P4 covers all the main ones, and perhaps there isn't one that applies to him so directly like with Yosuke and the Magician, but I feel like he and Yu totally have an established bond that, according to the lore, should mean SOCIAL LINK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe I'm nitpicking, I just feel like he should have one, but I don't expect you to put in extra work that probably isn't viable given the number of major arcana.

So, yeah, best fanfic I've ever read, in fact its so good its gotten me more interested into reading in general, I never was much of a reader, but now I want to get into some good books people have recommended to me, so thanks )

(And yes I did consider waiting for other people to review so I could get a mention as #860 but I neeeeeeeeeeeded to post a review...)
PrankK1ng chapter 50 . 3/5
The way you portrayed Teddie just touched my heart. All I have left to say is keep you the good writing; and don't listen to those telling you to rush updates, they just don't know what a good story is.
llat-2 chapter 50 . 3/4
Are you going to include the events of Persona Q in this fic?
B1ackAshes chapter 49 . 3/3
I rather enjoyed the Marukyu Striptease arc. It had tasteful fan service in my opinion, very amusing moments, you did an excellent job at developing Rise (Along with everyone else. Especially Fem!Yu) and the moment with Teddie sacrificing himself near the end was pretty heartwarming with the way it was wrote even though I expected it. I'm eagerly looking forward to what's coming next.

P.S. I think you're doing a great job in updating this story especially considering the quality of the chapters. Keep up the amazing work!
B1ackAshes chapter 22 . 3/2
I stumbled on this story yesterday through TVTropes Fanfic Recommendations for Persona 4 and I am absolutely loving it. The characterization is amazing, the original parts in the story are great and the way Yu is portrayed is quite remarkable. All in all, I have no complaints and only praise for this story. Keep up the good work! I imagine I'll be spending loads of time the next few days to catch up to chapter 50.